Poll

Would you trade Avery Bradley to get Marcin Gortat if that is the only deal the Suns would accept?

Yes
40 (51.3%)
No
38 (48.7%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Author Topic: Gortat/Bradley merged thread. (the one and only)  (Read 19864 times)

Re: Gortat/Bradley merged thread. (the one and only)
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2012, 01:25:41 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
id vote "unsure" if that was an option

I purposefully left out an unsure or maybe option to force people to make a decision, since I figured most of us are unsure

Re: I know we all LOVE Bradley, but we NEED Gortat
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2012, 01:27:39 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Wade was limited in the playoffs with his knee injury. I'm not gonna count on him to be limited again. And we lost two games to the heat before bosh even played one game. Our defense was the best in the league once AB was in the starting lineup with KG and rondo.

Id like to see if we can go back to that before i get all trade happy. If the suns don't take LEE and Sully forget it. Gortat isn't elite at anything hes just good at things and its no guarantee we are better with him after we dump bradley.

Re: I know we all LOVE Bradley, but we NEED Gortat
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2012, 01:30:40 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Wade was limited in the playoffs with his knee injury. I'm not gonna count on him to be limited again. And we lost two games to the heat before bosh even played one game. Our defense was the best in the league once AB was in the starting lineup with KG and rondo.

Id like to see if we can go back to that before i get all trade happy. If the suns don't take LEE and Sully forget it. Gortat isn't elite at anything hes just good at things and its no guarantee we are better with him after we dump bradley.

But he wasn't the differences maker.  He was defended by an even more limited Ray Allen. 

The difference maker was have KG being able to be down low defensively to limit James (as well as you can limit him now a days) which limited the rest of the team and Bosh pulling KG out, opening up the game for James. 

Is Gortat going to put the Celtics over the top?  Who really knows.  But it certainly has the potential to change that issue in the playoffs. 

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2012, 01:31:24 PM »

Offline 5.9.20.34.43

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 21
Several good ideas here. But I'm starting to enjoy Sullys game and feel AB earned his spot therefore after the surgeries will come back with that mindset, to earn his spot back. I'd do Lee, Melo, and A second round pick.

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2012, 01:41:07 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80
Several good ideas here. But I'm starting to enjoy Sullys game and feel AB earned his spot therefore after the surgeries will come back with that mindset, to earn his spot back. I'd do Lee, Melo, and A second round pick.

The entire NBA can put together a better offer than Lee, Melo, and a second round pick.

I'd trade a folding chair for Gortat, but Phoenix has to agree to it.

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2012, 02:10:25 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

The entire NBA can put together a better offer than Lee, Melo, and a second round pick.

I'd trade a folding chair for Gortat, but Phoenix has to agree to it.

Very well put.

« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2012, 03:12:00 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
The Celtics need a rim protector besides KG. We all thought they had one when they signed Darko but now he's gone. I want Gortat because he and Rondo would work tremendously together like Gortat and Nash did in Phoenix. Not only that, but having Gortat in the middle gives the C's another rim protector against Miami which can free KG up to play against Bosh. The reason why the Heat beat the Celtics was because Bosh forced KG to cover him on the perimeter which made life easier for Lebron to drive with KG out of the post.

Alas, I'd still keep Bradley and Lee because the Celtics need to make life hell for Wade and Ray, and that happens if those two are covering them. Life will be harder for the C's if they give up one or both of them. In a perfect world where everything works out for the Celtics, the Suns accept the offer of Bass+1st rounder for Gortat.

Note: I actually think things are getting better for this team after last night and I like the core, but I pray we can work something out for Gortat without giving up Lee/Bradley/Sully. I really like Brandon Bass but I'm always up for an upgrade with Gortat.

« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2012, 03:16:17 PM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Celtics Recieve:
Marcin Gortat

Suns Recieve:
Courtney Lee
Fab Melo
Kris Joseph
1st pick

Then, sign Mickael Pitrus and Birdman.

Rajon Rondo / Jason Terry / Leandro Barbosa

Avery Bradley / Mickael Pitrus /

Paul Pierce / Jeff Green /

Kevin Garnett / Jared Sullinger / Chris Wilcox

Marcin Gortat / Birdman Andersen / Jason Collins

We'd be really deep at the 4 & 5 so we would have to trade Bass for a wing or a point guard... we could get really good players for him.

« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2012, 03:18:34 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Of course we don't NEED gortat. This is just typical celtics fans overreacting and needing a new toy to play with so they can sleep well at night until we lose the next game and they panic again. We will be just fine once AB returns. I want gortat but we definitely don't need him. Especially at the expense of messing up our chemistry and trading away our very promising elite defensive guard along with whoever else.

We get it, man.  You don't want to trade Avery.  The truth seems to be that the majority of fans who really like Gortat don't seem to want to part with Bradley either.  Most of what I've read on the subject seems to be fairly measured and reasonable.

I'm not seeing a lot of the panickers participating in this discussion.  I'm not panicking at all.  I really like this team, but if Marcin Gortat is available and Danny's in line to get him for a package that doesn't include any of our three star players, I feel that we have to at least consider it. 

That's all. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2012, 05:11:51 PM »

Offline Professor of Rondology

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 19
I really like this team, but if Marcin Gortat is available and Danny's in line to get him for a package that doesn't include any of our three star players, I feel that we have to at least consider it. 
THIS

I'd give up Lee, Sully, Melo and a pick for Gortat in a heartbeat.  I love Sully, but Gortat is clearly a much better player right now- and we are gunning for banner 18 THIS year.  Gortat and KG starting with Wilcox and Bass coming off the bench would make for an excellent frontcourt.  Giving up Lee could hurt us if AB doesn't come back as strong as we all think he will, but that's a risk I'd be willing to take.

My only concern is how Gortat would feel about his role here, since he wouldn't be a huge part of the team's offense.  I don't know if we should risk upsetting the team chemistry mid-season, since we all remember how that turned out last time.

As far as Avery Bradley goes, I am very much on the fence.  If a Bass-Bradley-Melo-picks for Gortat deal went down, I'm not sure how I'd feel about it.  Bradley is extremely young, injury prone, coming off of surgery, small sample size, and all that jazz.  He could turn into an all star, or he could have a short, injury-riddled, and disappointing career.  That deal could easily become an embarrassment for either team, depending on how the young players' careers play out and how much Gortat helps us this season.  All I know is that I would not fault Danny for pulling the trigger on that deal- noone can deny that it has the potential to significantly improve our shot at Banner 18. I can easily see the deal backfiring, but sometimes you have to take risks to reap the rewards.   

« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2012, 05:46:14 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Celtics Recieve:
Marcin Gortat

Suns Recieve:
Courtney Lee
Fab Melo
Kris Joseph
1st pick

We'd be really deep at the 4 & 5 so we would have to trade Bass for a wing or a point guard... we could get really good players for him.

I don't think you're reading the other posts on this thread... Phoenix will surely get better offers than this one.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2012, 05:47:10 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
- Untradeable pieces in my opinion are: Rondo, Pierce, Kevin, Bass, Sullinger, Joseph, Barbosa, Terry,  Wilcox, Collins(idk, but i like this guy), Green(if he becomes a '9million' player)

Avery Bradley is tradeable, but Kris Joseph and Collins are "untradeable"?

.... wut?
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2012, 05:51:40 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Celtics Recieve:
Marcin Gortat

Suns Recieve:
Courtney Lee
Fab Melo
Kris Joseph
1st pick

I don't think you're reading the other posts on this thread... Phoenix will surely get better offers than this one.

There's always someone who thinks we can trade our trash for a good player if we send out enough trash. Unfortunately when it comes to trades, we are not the lakers.

« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2012, 05:54:04 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
I thought everyone was of the same belief as mine: the most trade-able players are Bass, Lee, and Melo, and to a lesser extent Green and Sullinger.

Collins, Wilcox, Joseph, and Barbosa aren't very trade-able because they won't fetch much, although Joseph could be a bonus piece in a big trade.

Rondo, Pierce, KG, Bradley, and Terry aren't trade-able for obvious reasons. Green and Sullinger fit more in this category than in the "not fetching much" category.

« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2012, 05:59:54 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
I thought everyone was of the same belief as mine: the most trade-able players are Bass, Lee, and Melo, and to a lesser extent Green and Sullinger.

Collins, Wilcox, Joseph, and Barbosa aren't very trade-able because they won't fetch much, although Joseph could be a bonus piece in a big trade.

Rondo, Pierce, KG, Bradley, and Terry aren't trade-able for obvious reasons. Green and Sullinger fit more in this category than in the "not fetching much" category.

I'm with you completely.