Poll

Would you trade Avery Bradley to get Marcin Gortat if that is the only deal the Suns would accept?

Yes
40 (51.3%)
No
38 (48.7%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Author Topic: Gortat/Bradley merged thread. (the one and only)  (Read 19856 times)

Gortat/Bradley merged thread. (the one and only)
« on: November 24, 2012, 10:23:31 AM »

Offline OttawaCeltic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
I am in that like 10% of the Celtic fans who favor this trade, and my reasons are that:

- Mickaël Piétrus may serve as a good defense replacement and he would only cost a vet.min

- Our major problems are defense, rebounding and the lack post-threats. Gortat MAY serve out our solution

- Other pieces may include Lee&Melo. And if, I.F., Green doesn't get this much consistent, then include him instead.(Balance the trade money)

- Untradeable pieces in my opinion are: Rondo, Pierce, Kevin, Bass, Sullinger, Joseph, Barbosa, Terry,  Wilcox, Collins(idk, but i like this guy), Green(if he becomes a '9million' player)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 12:10:52 PM by IndeedProceed »
Jameer an elite PG?Please, ask that to his garbage highlights.

PAUL PIERCE, NO!

Re: Gortat/Bradley merged thread. (the one and only)
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 10:43:58 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Green's not going anywhere, and you saw why last night. He'll get it.

As for Bradley, he remains a largely unproven player with a small sample size of productive play and significant ongoing health questions that we can replace with this roster.

I'm fine with moving him for inside help.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 10:55:49 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I am strongly in favor of acquiring Gortat, too.

I do think that there are a lot more than 10% of us who are for acquiring Gortat, even at the expense of Bradley.

I also think that we can acquire Gortat without Bradley being included.

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 11:02:39 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Just wanted to put this to a poll and see how many of us are for or against trading Bradley in a deal that would get us Gortat if this was the only deal the Suns would accept.

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 11:10:35 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Would hate to give up on Bradley, he MAY become a special player, but Gortat gives us what we need NOW.

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 11:11:10 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Would hate to give up on Bradley, he MAY become a special player, but Gortat gives us what we need NOW.

I agree with this.  And while I voted yes, I do so very reluctantly.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2012, 11:16:31 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Is there an "argh my head, it hurts" option?

I want Gortat but I know it will take Avery to get him. And all posters convinced me that Avery is very important to us.

Argh! My head!
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2012, 11:17:40 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
we were an amazing team with bradley starting for us. he has that something that makes the whole team play better. Not sure the trade would be a net positive for us.

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2012, 11:20:58 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
Green's not going anywhere, and you saw why last night. He'll get it.

As for Bradley, he remains a largely unproven player with a small sample size of productive play and significant ongoing health questions that we can replace with this roster.

I'm fine with moving him for inside help.

I dont think you can easily replace his defense....if you trade bradley, you likely start Terry the rest of the season and that is a downgrade defensively

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2012, 11:23:21 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
well, if the starting lineup when bradley is back plays like they did with him in it last season, I dont really see it as a net positive...you also likely have to give up someone like Bass/sully to make the salaries work. so you are giving up 2 good/reliable players for one above average center.

as we saw last night all this team may need to start clicking is just some time....Wilcox seems to be doing a good job of spelling KG/rolling to the basket

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2012, 11:23:45 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Big men are always far more valuable than little men, especially when the little man is the one that is always hurt.  You make the trade in a second, don't give it a second thought, and don't ever look back and laugh your way to the bank. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2012, 11:28:11 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I've been a big proponent of trying to get Gortat, but, still, I abstained from voting. 

I wish there was a "Maybe" option.  After Rondo, Pierce, and Garnett, the Honey Badger is the player I would hate to lose the most.  I'm hoping Danny can make a deal for Gortat without having to give up Avery.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2012, 11:41:06 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I am in that like 10% of the Celtic fans who favor this trade, and my reasons are that:

- Mickaël Piétrus may serve as a good defense replacement and he would only cost a vet.min

- Our major problems are defense, rebounding and the lack post-threats. Gortat MAY serve out our solution

- Other pieces may include Lee&Melo. And if, I.F., Green doesn't get this much consistent, then include him instead.(Balance the trade money)

- Untradeable pieces in my opinion are: Rondo, Pierce, Kevin, Bass, Sullinger, Joseph, Barbosa, Terry,  Wilcox, Collins(idk, but i like this guy), Green(if he becomes a '9million' player)

The untradeable list for the win now team has three names, Rondo, KG and Pierce.

I am for the move that brings a player like Gortat here.  Celtics are not going to "out small" the Heat.  They need strong starting big men. 

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2012, 11:55:39 AM »

Offline PRIDE

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 41
Danny Ainge isn't going to panic and make this trade because we're one game over .500 thirteen games into the season! Bradley will instantly make us a better defensive team as soon as he returns. Terry can return to his natural 6th man role. Wilcox and Green still aren't 100%, but they are looking stronger every week. Sullinger has been solid so far and hes starting to make some big plays for us. We're suffering the growing pains now but we'll be a much better team come playoff time!

If anyone is the odd man out its Courtney Lee. He becomes expendable once Bradley returns. If Lee+Bass+2013 1st round pick isn't enough for Gortat and filler then we're not buying.

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2012, 12:04:33 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Yes, though I'd rather see us cut into our big man depth, like Bass + Sully.  I wouldn't mind Lee and Sully either, nor Lee and Bass if it meant keeping a 1st rounder.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale