Author Topic: For everyone continually hating on Jeff Green  (Read 5737 times)

Re: For everyone continually hating on Jeff Green
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2012, 02:14:18 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
I WOULD LIKE TO SEE YOU GUYS HVE SURGERY AND PLAY WITH HALF THE HEART GREEN DOES. DID YOU SEE HIS DUNK ON BIG AL? DONT TELL ME JG DOESNT PLAY WITH HEART. THE CELTICS NEED TO RUN MORE PLAYS AND MAKE THE GAME EASIER FOR HIM.

Chris Wilcox looks pretty good! Who cares about Jeff greens 1 dunk...sorry but its the most overrated play in basketball

I don't think it's overrated.
Actually, if he showed the same determination every time he drove to the basket, which is something he opts to do rarely (don't know why, from a physical ability perspective, he's capable of doing it against the most of the defenders he faces), he'd be a very valuable piece of this team.
But he doesn't.

« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2012, 02:25:13 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
If he produced consistently it would not be an issue.

« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2012, 02:38:30 PM »

Offline mrpoundforpound

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 3
Like it or not JG is here to stay and will be the number 1 or 2 player on the celtics once garnett and pierce retires.

« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2012, 02:43:30 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Like it or not JG is here to stay and will be the number 1 or 2 player on the celtics once garnett and pierce retires.

That'll likely be a terrible team. I really hope Jeff Green gets significantly better.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2012, 02:43:56 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

I'm unsure of how I feel about him as the number 5 or 6 player on our team.

« Reply #65 on: November 23, 2012, 02:45:24 PM »

Offline mrpoundforpound

• Payton Pritchard

That'll likely be a terrible team. I really hope Jeff Green gets significantly better.

He has already shown GREAT play in him limited time. It's Docs fault for using him wrong. He had one of the best plays of the year with his dunk on Jefferson.

« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2012, 02:47:46 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54

He has already shown GREAT play in him limited time. It's Docs fault for using him wrong. He had one of the best plays of the year with his dunk on Jefferson.

Gerald Green serves you with the best regular season dunks you can imagine, but you don't want him as a 2nd option in your team.
Not that I'm drawing a comparison between the two.

« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2012, 02:50:35 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Lots of guys show you highlights. What you need out of a 5 year veteran is consistency. You need a guy who is coming into his prime, and looks like it. Jeff Green looks like a good rotation player, but hardly a building block. To me, at least.

« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2012, 02:51:58 PM »

Offline jowwwman

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11

Good luck with the C's winning any games at all with Jeff Green leading the way. He was the third best player on the 2008-2009 Sonics the year they drafted westbrook and they had a 23-59 record. I can only imagine how that team would've been without Durant and Westbrook. Granted they were a young team, Jeff Green has never shown the ability to be a consistent contributer let alone the future of a team.

« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2012, 02:54:38 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80

Good luck with the C's winning any games at all with Jeff Green leading the way. He was the third best player on the 2008-2009 Sonics the year they drafted westbrook and they had a 23-59 record. I can only imagine how that team would've been without Durant and Westbrook. Granted they were a young team, Jeff Green has never shown the ability to be a consistent contributer let alone the future of a team.

But he has highlight reel dunks!!!! Anyone with highlight reel dunks is an automatic best player on a team. LOL.

« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2012, 02:56:51 PM »

Offline mrpoundforpound

• Payton Pritchard

But he has highlight reel dunks!!!! Anyone with highlight reel dunks is an automatic best player on a team. LOL.

It shows he has the skill to succeed. Lebron's dunks are always on sportscenter and we refer to him as the "best player" in the nba. why is it fine to overrate lebron and not say that jeff green at least has the skills to be top 20.

« Reply #71 on: November 23, 2012, 02:58:37 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

It shows he has the skill to succeed. Lebron's dunks are always on sportscenter and we refer to him as the "best player" in the nba. why is it fine to overrate lebron and not say that jeff green at least has the skills to be top 20.

Because the reason LeBron James is the best player in the world is not because he creates good highlights.

« Reply #72 on: November 23, 2012, 03:00:57 PM »

Offline jowwwman

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11

Did you just compare Green to Lebron? LOL please do us a favor and stop posting until Green gets 29/10/8 in the finals while playing great defense on the best scorer in the game.

« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2012, 03:02:38 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Alright, we've had about 6 "stop posting" comments in here and the dialogue is terrible. Locking.