Author Topic: Celtics Allegedly Offer Bradley, Melo, Picks for Gortat (unconfirmed)  (Read 13170 times)

Re: BREAKING! Celtics offer Bradley, Melo, and multiple draft picks for Gortat!
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2012, 03:06:44 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
http://clnsradio.com/2012/11/23/celtics-to-propose-trade-for-marcin-gortat/

No proposal fully drawn yet but the links suggest Bradley and Melo + picks

Bradley no :(

The same feeling I have, why Bradley?

Just Trade Bass and Lee!!!

Re: Celtics Allegedly Offer Bradley, Melo, Picks for Gortat (unconfirmed)
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2012, 03:08:01 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
DOesn't Bradley + Melo = 2.8 million.... Gortat makes 7.7 million... wut

Even if you included Sully it wouldn't work.  Dumb trade rumor is dumb.  I'm sure we'll make some trade offers eventually (possibly involving Bradley if he has any trade value at all... which he probably doesn't), but those aren't going to happen until Dec 15th and Jan 15th when our larger contracts become tradeable.

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2012, 03:08:20 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Not buying it. Salaries not even close to matching an why would the suns take that trade.

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2012, 03:14:49 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
TP to LarBrd33. I am repeating for emphasis-

There is no possible Gortat trade before December 15th without Rondo or Pierce being in the deal.

Don't mistake this for an opinion- the trade rules make it a literal impossibility.

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2012, 03:15:56 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I apologize if this has already been pointed out, but-

There is no possible Gortat trade before December 15th without Rondo or Pierce being in the deal.

Don't mistake this for an opinion- the trade rules make it a literal impossibility.

Annnnd, we're up to 'likely false'.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2012, 03:23:07 PM »

Offline Shad0wman

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
Sounds just like DA trading away the ONE dude on your team that plays the game like his life depends on it. It does!

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2012, 03:29:26 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

none of these points indicate at all that this rumor is false. I'm pretty confident it's true. Of course the salaries don't match, but there have been many, many rumored trades based on players with non-matching salaries. The teams start with these as a basis and then fill in the rest (Bass) to make salaries match. This always happens. Second, of course we can't trade Bass, Green, or Lee yet, as I mentioned before, but it makes sense to start serious trade discussions now, Dec. 15th is not very far away folks.

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2012, 03:32:29 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

none of these points indicate at all that this rumor is false. I'm pretty confident it's true. Of course the salaries don't match, but there have been many, many rumored trades based on players with non-matching salaries. The teams start with these as a basis and then fill in the rest (Bass) to make salaries match. This always happens. Second, of course we can't trade Bass, Green, or Lee yet, as I mentioned before, but it makes sense to start serious trade discussions now, Dec. 15th is not very far away folks.

Point: Not a single legitimate source

Point: No trade capable until Dec 15th

Either one of those makes the alleged 'offer' highly unlikely, or at the very best preliminary negotiations.

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2012, 03:35:51 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
:(
Epic fail if this happens...give them lee

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2012, 03:38:51 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
I'm surprised we can even get Gortat for Bradley.

Of course you would be...but Jeff green has been fine and lee is our best guard.  ::)

« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2012, 03:39:08 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
This would be a highway robbery if we could make that deal. Salaries don't work so it wouldn't be able to happen.

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2012, 03:41:30 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Either one of those makes the alleged 'offer' highly unlikely, or at the very best preliminary negotiations.

I'm pretty convinced this is a legit offer with Bradley, Melo, and picks for Gortat as the foundation, and the teams have a few weeks to work out the salary matching pieces, since the 15th of december is almost here. This is how trades usually work anyways. This is likely legit. Too many reports and too many details for it to be complete speculation.

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2012, 03:41:58 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff

Rondo or pierce?hahaha no thanks. I don't even want to give up Bradley ...rondo for gortat would be the dumbest move in the history of the celtics

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2012, 03:43:11 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

I'm pretty convinced this is a legit offer with Bradley, Melo, and picks for Gortat as the foundation, and the teams have a few weeks to work out the salary matching pieces, since the 15th of december is almost here. This is how trades usually work anyways. This is likely legit. Too many reports and too many details for it to be complete speculation.

The trick is to see how many of the reports are independent. For me, it looks like there are maybe 1 or 2 out there of the Celtics having interest. The actual 'offer' looks like to me (working with the sources I've seen) to be complete speculation.

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2012, 03:44:19 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

And I'm repeating for emphasis: Dec 15th is just a few weeks away! Of course negotiations for a trade would be taking place already. This in no way at all means that the report is false, if anything it makes perfect sense that it's true.