Author Topic: I know I will get smacked, but Doc is right  (Read 6426 times)

Re: I know I will get smacked, but Doc is right
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2012, 11:39:42 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
I do not want to see a trade for Gortat for this very reason.

Keep in mind that Gortat is (in my opinion) a good defensive player who is tough and will rebound, while giving you solid offensive production.

But everyone on this board is underestimating how good Avery Bradley is on defense. He is the best defensive talent on this team.  There, I said it.  He might be the best defensive guard in the NBA.  He is light years better than Rondo.

I cannot emphasize enough how good our team became defensively when Avery Bradley started last year after Ray got hurt.  Trading AB for a center would be a disaster.

Hey now, not everyone. I along with others have your back on this. I clearly remember how lethal we were on defense and as a team in general once AB moved into the starting lineup.

Believe it or not, I too am aware how good a defender Avery Bradley is.  That doesn't mean that I wouldn't love to see Marcin Gortat as a member of the Boston Celtics.

And it doesn't mean i wouldn't love to see Marcin Gortat as a member of the boston celtics lol. As long as we can keep our most important pieces, Rondo, Pierce, KG, Terry, Bradley.

Don't forget Green and Bass.  Oh, and I think Wilcox has a no trade clause.  I'm starting to like Sully more and more, too.

How about we offer 'em Fab Melo, Kris Joseph and a couple of draft picks?  Better yet (don't really want to give up on Melo and Joseph), maybe they'll just give him to us.  We'll take him and pay his salary, and then the Suns won't have to worry about paying him.

Sounds good to me.

You seem upset

Darn.  I was trying to be funny.  I guess that one didn't go over too well.  I hate it when my light hearted banter gets mistaken for boiling rage.

Nah it didn't. I originally thought funny but then i thought rage. It could have went either way i just picked rage lol.

« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2012, 11:42:17 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513

Keep in mind that Gortat is (in my opinion) a good defensive player who is tough and will rebound, while giving you solid offensive production.

But everyone on this board is underestimating how good Avery Bradley is on defense. He is the best defensive talent on this team.  There, I said it.  He might be the best defensive guard in the NBA.  He is light years better than Rondo.

I cannot emphasize enough how good our team became defensively when Avery Bradley started last year after Ray got hurt.  Trading AB for a center would be a disaster.

Hey now, not everyone. I along with others have your back on this. I clearly remember how lethal we were on defense and as a team in general once AB moved into the starting lineup.

Believe it or not, I too am aware how good a defender Avery Bradley is.  That doesn't mean that I wouldn't love to see Marcin Gortat as a member of the Boston Celtics.

And it doesn't mean i wouldn't love to see Marcin Gortat as a member of the boston celtics lol. As long as we can keep our most important pieces, Rondo, Pierce, KG, Terry, Bradley.

Don't forget Green and Bass.  Oh, and I think Wilcox has a no trade clause.  I'm starting to like Sully more and more, too.

How about we offer 'em Fab Melo, Kris Joseph and a couple of draft picks?  Better yet (don't really want to give up on Melo and Joseph), maybe they'll just give him to us.  We'll take him and pay his salary, and then the Suns won't have to worry about paying him.

Sounds good to me.

You seem upset

Great job pointing that out captain obvious.

lol, so its obvious hes upset then, ha.

Yea and what he is trying to point out is that you dont want to give up anyone to get Gortat.
Gortat>Bradley

« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2012, 11:43:41 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

Sounds good to me.

You seem upset

Yea and what he is trying to point out is that you dont want to give up anyone to get Gortat.
Gortat>Bradley

I know you just said "Captain obvious" to me because i recently said it to you but..........this was a horrible time to say it lol.

« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2012, 12:08:39 AM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513

Sounds good to me.

You seem upset

Gortat>Bradley

I know you just said "Captain obvious" to me because i recently said it to you but..........this was a horrible time to say it lol.

well that was the way i saw itt you want to get gortat but you dont want to give up anyone

« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2012, 12:49:49 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367

« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2012, 01:03:45 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

Sounds good to me.

You seem upset

Gortat>Bradley

well that was the way i saw itt you want to get gortat but you dont want to give up anyone

I see what you're saying but all im saying is you saying "Captain obvious" right there didn't make sense UNLESS you were agreeing with me that he was upset and it was obvious lol.

Anyways back to to topic at hand. Since when did Avery bradley account for EVERYONE? Hes the only guy outside of the obvious pieces we aren't trading that i don't wanna give up.

Ill give up everybody else on the bench and bass so what you're saying is simply not true but i think you know that. I understand you're in a desperate attempt to try to make me look bad but come on now lol. Id trade Bass, Sullinger, Green, josef, Lee, Barbosa, Collins.

**Edit** Let me rephrase that. Pierce Kg Rondo Terry Bradley are the only players i don't wanna give up under any circumstance. *Obviously not talking about a trade for lebron or kevin durant* I don't really wanna give up anyone except probably bass and LEE.

Only because once ab comes back we won't need lee and bass is not a starting PF. If he comes off the bench fine but i hate starting him its very annoying. I'm not one of those GOTTA MAKE A TRADE NOW! guys. I don't want to do anything until i see a healthy celtics team play for atleast a month straight.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 01:10:41 AM by Lightskinsmurf »

« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2012, 02:10:26 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
gortat is an absolute joke.

Thanks for that fascinating insight.

Gortat has a big nose.

And, he's a "French pansy."

Hahaha well played. TP.

he does have a big nose though.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2012, 09:44:56 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
gortat is an absolute joke.

Thanks for that fascinating insight.

Gortat has a big nose.

And, he's a "French pansy."

Hahaha well played. TP.

he does have a big nose though.

Yeah, he does have a big nose, just like a lot of my heroes: Pinocchio, Professor Humpty, Cyrano de Bergerac, and a certain hick from French Lick.

You know what they say; the bigger the nose, the badder the Polack.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2012, 10:53:49 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
sooooooo.....just to bring the thread back to the original title....

a good rebounder must have a nose for the ball and be hard-nosed about getting rebounds.  ;D

and as my old signature said....opinions are like noses. almost everyone has one and most of them are unattractive.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2012, 11:04:35 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I have always found large noses easier to break and they bleed a lot easier in my Army and street fighting/bouncer days.

« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2012, 11:24:40 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
This thread is starting to take a nose-dive in a completely silly direction.

http://img.traveldudes.org/files/imagecache/imagenode-teaser/images/baby-elephant-w.jpg
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2012, 11:41:41 AM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
Sully is a very strong rebounder....HE stopped the spurs from getting a lot more...b

He is wide and has good hands and anticipates well.  But defensively he needs work.  I wish he would learn to chest up his man ala Glen Davis. Offensively and boardwise he is ready, defensively he needs work.
no arguement there....he will pick it up....i think it is a battle between whre doc wants him and where he knows where to go....Bball is faster in the pros, but not a lot of other changes.....who is your man, pics, rotations step out and cover the guy who is coming or got free on a pic...bball is not rocket science, same court, same # of guys, same game since age 5.....!

« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2012, 11:53:59 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
To the OP....I made this special for you

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3rwvll/