Author Topic: Thunder (9-3) at Celtics (6-6) 11/23  (Read 36871 times)

Re: Thunder (9-3) at Celtics (6-6) 11/23
« Reply #225 on: November 23, 2012, 10:54:38 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Great win!

« Reply #226 on: November 23, 2012, 10:55:00 PM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
It's a great day to be a Celtics fan.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #227 on: November 23, 2012, 11:53:24 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Great win for Celtics. Beating a high caliber team like OKC will just boost up confidence. JET with the dagger, classic.

Off topic:

I'm not for one who bashes fellow posters, but this has to be done. I apologize for any inconvenience this might do. But I have to say something about some guy.

That Terry 3 put tears of happiness in my eyes. ;)

You care all of a sudden? I thought you're "done with this team"?

I'm sorry but from now on you're Mr. Band Wagoner No Good Celtics fan, something I told you I was gonna call you when you the C's start winning and you all of a sudden care again in your thread you posted a few days ago. I'm sure you and the rest will remember.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #228 on: November 24, 2012, 12:02:13 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I'm not going to get too far into it tonight but you guys are mistaken if you don't think we played really good d for most of the game... I really don't know what game you were watching!

If it's because of Westbrook or Durant's points then you need to watch film again because a lot of their points came from crazy made buckets when there was good defense on them... go re-watch the game!

RR did let Westbrooke go into the paint easily but most of the time guys rotated fine but Westbrooke was just hot. Durant was held in check most of the night then came on in the fourth with shots like a 30ft 3.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #229 on: November 24, 2012, 12:13:54 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
I'm not going to get too far into it tonight but you guys are mistaken if you don't think we played really good d for most of the game... I really don't know what game you were watching!

If it's because of Westbrook or Durant's points then you need to watch film again because a lot of their points came from crazy made buckets when there was good defense on them... go re-watch the game!

RR did let Westbrooke go into the paint easily but most of the time guys rotated fine but Westbrooke was just hot. Durant was held in check most of the night then came on in the fourth with shots like a 30ft 3.

I said the same thing on my twitter. If you watched the game you would know we played good defense today. You can't just look at the score and assume OKC getting 100 came from bad defense. The 100 came from great offense.

« Reply #230 on: November 24, 2012, 12:27:55 AM »

Offline blastoidesroidsnoids

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
I was there, we played excellent D, no doubt about it. Green especially... he pretty much had KD locked down when he was guarding him.  Pierce, Bass, KG, Lee and Barbs all played great D as well.

« Reply #231 on: November 24, 2012, 12:54:04 AM »

Offline Mr Green

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
Great win for Celtics. Beating a high caliber team like OKC will just boost up confidence. JET with the dagger, classic.

Off topic:

I'm not for one who bashes fellow posters, but this has to be done. I apologize for any inconvenience this might do. But I have to say something about some guy.

I'm sorry but from now on you're Mr. Band Wagoner No Good Celtics fan, something I told you I was gonna call you when you the C's start winning and you all of a sudden care again in your thread you posted a few days ago. I'm sure you and the rest will remember.

+1

« Reply #232 on: November 24, 2012, 01:44:06 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
a solid win...I think this is what we need from Green night in and night out...not necessarily 17ppg...but the effort. He/the team was looking to get him shots...and they were looking to get him going to the basket.

25minutes, 6/11 shots thats the sort of touches/minutes he needs to make an impact

« Reply #233 on: November 24, 2012, 02:18:18 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
offense good... defense bad.

I expected us to play .500 ball until February when we hopefully make some moves.  Nothing has changed my opinion.

« Reply #234 on: November 24, 2012, 02:35:24 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
This is a nice surprise. I didn't expect them to win this game.

Good job.

« Reply #235 on: November 24, 2012, 03:12:02 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

I expected us to play .500 ball until February when we hopefully make some moves.  Nothing has changed my opinion.

If you watched the game and payed attention there's no way you come to that conclusion.

« Reply #236 on: November 24, 2012, 04:16:27 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

We held OKC to about 6 ppp below their average, I don't think that qualifies as bad defense.

« Reply #237 on: November 24, 2012, 04:44:43 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
A little belated but here's a TP. Nice win, Celts!

« Reply #238 on: November 24, 2012, 06:14:28 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

Off topic:

That dagger was awesome, it was a rainbow too

*BANG in my Mike Breen voice*
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #239 on: November 24, 2012, 12:31:19 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Nice showing.  Tommy was real excited about how the defense was 100% improved from San Antonio, but I disagree.  Still got a ways to go.

And shooting such a high percentage tonight really helped.

Kevin Martin following three straight 20+ points performance with this one helped.
We still allowed OKC to score 35 4th quarter points.
Our offense looks a lot better than our defense does, to be honest.

No question, our D has been the problem all season.  But we look good offensively. 

I believe this team will tighten up on the defensive end and our offense will continue to thrive.  It's still early.

I know. We have time to get better. If Lee and Green provide expected energy alongside Sully, we'll be better.
AB's return can only help, too.

Somebody kill me because I had to miss the game...

But could the "bad D" be because of the fact that OKC is an amazing defensive team? Did our guys really not improve at all so far?
Our defense was actually very good, they did a good job playing OKC tough. The only reason they had a small lead for much of the first half was westbrook hitting some nasty 3s early in the shot clock. You let him take those shots because he's so dangerous driving.

In the fourth quarter OKC went small with Kevin Durant at the PF position and Collison at C. Devastating line up to defend against, plus KG needed his fourth quarter rest. While they scored a ton against the C's with it the C's also got good looks as well.