Author Topic: The Truth (No PP): We are a .500 Team.  (Read 1577 times)

The Truth (No PP): We are a .500 Team.
« on: November 22, 2012, 12:59:38 PM »

Offline Bosstown

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 32
There are contenders, teams who have a legit shot of competing for a championship, there are rebuilding teams who have young developing talent in hopes of drafting the next franchise player. The Celtics are neither, the Celtics are currently in NBA Purgator, a .500 team with no shot at the championship and no shot at a lottery selection.

The team has no direction, and I am fearful that since we chose not to rebuild this year we are going to be stuck with a great PG in Rajon Rondo who has nothing but MLE and LLE guys around him with. KG and PP are old, father time has caught up, it sucks and two of my personal favorite players are shells of their former selves. They can turn it on once in awhile, but the reality is they can't bear the weight of carrying a team for a 82 game season AND the playoffs. It hurts to watch Tim Duncan have a 20/15 game last night, when I can't even remember the last time KG had a double digit rebounding game. They need help, and I don't think we got it for them.

I  don't understand why Danny didn't take chances on young who had talent like Andray Blatche (who isn't playing too bad right now 8pts/5rbs in 17 minutes) or even dare I say it Micheal Beasley (12pts/5reb/2ast in 29 minutes). Both guys have talent, but have gotten into trouble the last few years, but they are two cheap options who wouldn't or crippled our payroll for years to come. Instead we went with the nice, timid guy in Jeff Green who is coming off heart surgery and is one of the SOFTEST guys in the league. I was rooting for Jeff I still am, but he looks terrible. I would of rather of signed one or both of those guys instead of Green, due to the fact that we wouldn't be financially crippled for the next 4 years. It also may of cost us a shot at Josh Smith, who is 10000x better then Jeff Green and unlike Jeff has a competitive streak.

Some people are calling for Doc's head but honestly I don't think it's his fault, we do not have the personnel to contend right now. Jeff Green, Courtney Lee, Jason Terry...all of them have been really terrible for us. The only person who has given some sort of effort is a ROOKIE named Jared Sulligner. Sure Jared's game has it's limitations but the kid is working hard and is doing one thing the Celtics have forgotten to do which is REBOUND!!!!

I love the Celtics and I will route for this team, but the effort has been pathetic and I think we should of rolled the dice with low risk/high reward guys, and see what could happen or we just tank. This team needs some sort of direction right now, we need to go up or down, because mediocrity is the WORST place to be in professional sports. Putting off rebuilding another few years might of been a mistake and with the 2014 draft class coming up which boasts two potential franchise cornerstones in Jabari Parker (whose been compared to PP and Melo) and Andrew Wiggin's (compared to Scottie Pippen), let's try to actually get one of those guys. Jabari is a Mormon too (Danny take note). I'm getting ahead of myself, the point is we need to suck so we can get some [dang] assets!!!!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 01:05:35 PM by Bosstown »

Re: The Truth (No PP): We are a .500 Team.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 01:16:16 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122

we 12 games in doggy chill im pretty sure dis team will be ova .500 later in da season yall stay takin it ova da top when we aint playin well lol adjustments will be made

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 01:19:17 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
**** nice pic i didn't read either. I skimmed though it tho and i believe you said jason terry has been terrible for us? That just shows you aren't watching the games.

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 01:43:16 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
At 6-6 yes we are technically a .500 team.  So are the Lakers. The Celtics were a .500 team last season on February 29th (17-17). 

I agree that the C's have looked very bad most games this season. It is too soon to call this team a true .500 team.  Not only is there talent and depth on this team, a defensive spark is getting ready to return in a few weeks.  We have a new roster spot open and an opportunity to add some veteran bulk in a FA signing (Birdman; KMart). Lee hasn't performed to his capability and Green has been far worse than he's ever been.

As for Green's salary I absolutely do not see this as an albatross.  In fact, packaged with Sully, Fab and/or Bradley (and/or Bass or Lee), there is talent and youth there that could bring some real help to this roster (Gortat?). In fact, Danny has a boatload of interesting young/mid-career talent to package -- that's what I liked most about his work this off-season.

I did think that Green and Sully would be key potential difference makers this season. Sully is not quite there yet, but with continued time and improvement, he may be a serious consistent contributor by mid-year.  I am baffled by Green.  I know many here expected him to be weak (kudos to those who could see it so clearly).  I can't quite let go of the poosibility that he could find a role here.  I think Doc has been running a few plays to him in the last few games and I think this is what's needed to either confirm him as a bust or help break him out.  Even as a bust his salary may be needed to facilitate a trade.

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 11:30:29 AM »

Offline OmarSekou

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 93
TP to Celts Fan 92. All I'm going to say is a lot of people on here last year were saying we wouldn't make the playoffs. We ended up winning our division and almost making it to the finals. Our team has a lot of guys who have proven themselves, who shine brightest when the lights get hot.
"Suit up every day."

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 12:31:54 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
Stopped reading when I saw Jason Terry's name thrown into the "terrible" list.
DKC Suns

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 02:45:50 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
Stopped reading when I saw Jason Terry's name thrown into the "terrible" list.

I appreciate your effort in making that far.
I couldn't get past the paragraph where Blatche and Beasley were mentioned.

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 04:56:50 PM »

Offline dysgenic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
The C's are much better than .500, but I hear you on Green.  Personally I can't stand the guy...he is talented, but not a winning basketball player.  I would much rather have Beasley.

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2012, 05:34:23 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
We were a 500 team last year too... But then we kicked butt after the break and were one of the top 4 teams in the league. I can't wait til playoffs when everyone jumps back on the celtics bandwagon.

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2012, 07:23:18 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
We were a 500 team last year too... But then we kicked butt after the break and were one of the top 4 teams in the league. I can't wait til playoffs when everyone jumps back on the celtics bandwagon.

I'd rather the bandwagon fans stay away to be honest. Really starting to grind my gears.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?