Author Topic: Memo to Rondo : Screw the Streak!  (Read 6648 times)

Re: Memo to Rondo : Screw the Streak!
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2012, 03:41:34 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
rondo is consistently our best player.

I wonder when other fans are finally going to realize this. Rondo is the best (IMO) point guard in the league, maybe second best to others, whatever. He is by far the best passer in the league and you want him to stop doing what he does best? What a joke.

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2012, 04:33:19 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Yeah, Rondo. Stop scoring and racking up assists for a while, and instead, focus on helping the team. You can, like, I dunno, bring towels. Or something.

I'm sure they'd appreciate a nice snack while he's at it.

and bring KG's favorite PBnJ while he's at it!

Some sliced up oranges at halftime would probably hit the spot.

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2012, 05:04:34 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I do understand where the OP is coming from...

Don't get me wrong I love the numbers that Rondo is putting up, and I'd love to see him rack up nightly double doubles but only if it's not at the expense of the team's performance.

85% - 90% of the time on the court Rondo has been great.  But there are times where I have felt he's tried too hard to be flashy, tried too hard to force plays in an attempt to get a quick assist rather than just making the right play. 

I still think he's been great though, but I can't help but feel that he's going out there every night with the aim of getting 10 assists rather than just going out there with the mentality of "beat this team whatever it takes". 

I could be wrong though, I can't see in his head.

As for the suggestion that he's our only good player...KG has been consistently great on defense and Pierce has been our most consistent scorer - he's scored in double figures in every game this season and has scored at least 15 in 8/12 of them.

In all honesty Terry has been pretty consistent too - despite relatively limited minutes he's only had 3 games out of 12 this season in which he hasn't scored in double figures. 

I also think Barbosa has been consistently pretty solid.  He's playing somewhat out of position as the backup PG yet he has not commited a single turnover in the last 5 games.  He's shooting pretty efficiently, he's probably playing the best defense out of all our guards (which isn't hard right now) and he's brought nice energy.

My biggest dissapointment has been Lee.  I expected Green may struggle, but I always though Lee as going to be the sure thing - I knew he wouldn't be a 10PPG scorer but I thought we'd get double figure scoring and quality defense from him on a nightly basis, but in all honestly he's been utterly horrible.  Barbosa has outplayed Lee ten-fold and is making 1/6 of the money.  You could argue Sullinger has outplayed him as well - atleast he's rebounding consistently.

Also I don't care what anyone says, I am utterly convinced that if we played Collins more we would be a significantly better team.  The few minutes in which he's played he has actually had some impact out there on opposing bigs - he hasn't shut them down, but he's challenged everything they do.  Our other bigs (bar KG) just seem to let opposing guys get whatever they wany.

The way we're playing right now our sole hopes lie on the shoulders of Avery Bradley and Jason Collins (if he ever gets playing time).

As much as people are rambling about Wilcox's great play, he's committed a LOT of turnovers and his effort on defense has been ... rough.

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2012, 07:33:52 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Assists help the team, I would like to see him get the record.   Not like him getting assists is stopping us from defending the pick and roll.  It is the least of our problems.

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2012, 10:20:25 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Trade Doc for a bag of cheetos
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2012, 10:24:46 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
All I know is Avery Bradley equals banner 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 and 23.

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2012, 10:30:26 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
Trade Doc for a bag of cheetos

All I know is Avery Bradley equals banner 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 and 23.

It's thanksgiving, so we're taking a holiday from staying on the thread subjects?

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2012, 10:37:12 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
Last night it wasn't a problem, but there have been nights where he's definitely been way too pass first.  He needs to be more aggressive and get to the rim a little more often.
do it

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2012, 10:44:57 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Wow.

Ten games to get an almost completely new team working as a cohesive unit at both ends of the floor ... at the NBA level?!?

Come on, man, this is reality ... I don't know anyone personally who realistically expects much chemistry until at least the middle of the season, (and after Bradley returns), and even that's a bit optimistic, IMO.

I think a collective step back from the brink of Emerald City might be a good idea ... there's a red brick road also, back to Kansas.
Bahku bringing sense to the thread, as always.

Guys traditionally never lose the "new team" label until they've played and practiced together for a full year/season+.  To think they've already learned everything they could from each other after 2 months and 10 games is beyond naive.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2012, 10:50:52 AM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
As probably Rondo's biggest critic on this blog, I have to disagree wit your argument. Rondo is a great player & his streak has nothing to do with the C's mishaps. I'm not sure if he's a good fit though for this team. If he is; we surely do need a back-up point guard like "Jose Calderon". His streak once again has nothing to do with the losses.

The Celtics losses are mainly because of "R E B O U N D I N G". Defensive rebounds is our #1 downfall. When we don't rebound, teams get the offensive boards & more than likely buries us with second, third & even fourth chance points at times. Defensive Rebounds is a major, & biggest of our problem.

Our 2nd problem is the 2 guard position. Terry is not a 2 & should not guard them either. On Dallas Jason Kidd defended the 2 guards. Lee so far has been a disappointment. He's naturally a small small-forward & not a 2 guard either. Avery Bradley is well missed at this position.

Changes that need to be made:

Sign K-Mart & start him right away.
Sarters: right now should be: Rondo, Barbosa (until Bradley returns), Pierce (Limited Mins), Martin & Garnett (limited Mins)

Bench: right now should be: Terry, Green, Bass (if he could guard Lebron he should be able to guard anyone), Sullinger, Wilcox

Lee will still get mins & so will all of the bigs as this team start blowing out teams again. Rondo is not the problem once again. Its Mainly this team's Defensive Rebounding.

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2012, 10:52:08 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
there is a lot wrong with this team, but only time will tell. At the end of the season we will see who is right the realist that want the Celtics to be great again or the sunshine pumpers that will go along with anything the team puts out

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2012, 10:57:06 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
there is a lot wrong with this team, but only time will tell. At the end of the season we will see who is right the realist that want the Celtics to be great again or the sunshine pumpers that will go along with anything the team puts out

Everyone thinks that their opinion of the team is realistic, and everyone wants the Celts to be great again. So all Celts fans fit into your first group.

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2012, 10:57:49 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Yeah, rondos 22 points and 15 assists was clearly the reason we lost this game.  ::)

Duh...Kgs 3 rebounds to duncan and splitters 22 and not being able to defend the paint shows this is all rondos fault

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2012, 11:10:30 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
As probably Rondo's biggest critic on this blog, I have to disagree wit your argument. Rondo is a great player & his streak has nothing to do with the C's mishaps. I'm not sure if he's a good fit though for this team. If he is; we surely do need a back-up point guard like "Jose Calderon". His streak once again has nothing to do with the losses.

The Celtics losses are mainly because of "R E B O U N D I N G". Defensive rebounds is our #1 downfall. When we don't rebound, teams get the offensive boards & more than likely buries us with second, third & even fourth chance points at times. Defensive Rebounds is a major, & biggest of our problem.

Our 2nd problem is the 2 guard position. Terry is not a 2 & should not guard them either. On Dallas Jason Kidd defended the 2 guards. Lee so far has been a disappointment. He's naturally a small small-forward & not a 2 guard either. Avery Bradley is well missed at this position.

Changes that need to be made:

Sign K-Mart & start him right away.
Sarters: right now should be: Rondo, Barbosa (until Bradley returns), Pierce (Limited Mins), Martin & Garnett (limited Mins)

Bench: right now should be: Terry, Green, Bass (if he could guard Lebron he should be able to guard anyone), Sullinger, Wilcox

Lee will still get mins & so will all of the bigs as this team start blowing out teams again. Rondo is not the problem once again. Its Mainly this team's Defensive Rebounding.

Can you be the coach instead of doc? Is there some way we can arrange this?

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2012, 11:36:46 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Rondo for some reason has never been embraced by some here and is the constant source of blame. 

I like this team chances once we make the playoffs.  I think we will limp into them and be someone nobody wants to play.