Author Topic: Memo to Rondo : Screw the Streak!  (Read 6647 times)

Memo to Rondo : Screw the Streak!
« on: November 21, 2012, 10:57:28 PM »

Offline raynman

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
Yes, I know some of you might think that I'm overreacting to the Celtics' current situation, struggling at .500 after all the hope and hype of our so called 'Talent and depth', but bear with me on this one.. I gave this team 10 games to get through the 'chemistry' issues and I was hoping the 3-game win streak was the start of great things to come.. But after another back-to-back losses, it's really becoming alarming.. I know there's a lot of factors to consider like interior D, rebounding, and Doc's coaching but for me, Rondo's assist streak is dragging us down.. Setting and breaking records is great but it's really becoming a major distraction.. It seems like every play, he's looking for an assist instead of making the right plays.. 12 games in, it's about time Rajon and the team get their acts together before it's too late!

Re: Memo to Rondo : Screw the Streak!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 11:03:06 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Folks here might think you are crazy for suggesting changes need to be made.

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 11:05:38 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Yeah, rondos 22 points and 15 assists was clearly the reason we lost this game.  ::)

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 11:12:14 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
That is totally ridiculous.  Rondo has been the only highlight of this team this season and tonight is no different.  He showed up, everybody else didn't

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 11:24:52 PM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
Yes, I know some of you might think that I'm overreacting to the Celtics' current situation, struggling at .500 after all the hope and hype of our so called 'Talent and depth', but bear with me on this one.. I gave this team 10 games to get through the 'chemistry' issues and I was hoping the 3-game win streak was the start of great things to come.. But after another back-to-back losses, it's really becoming alarming.. I know there's a lot of factors to consider like interior D, rebounding, and Doc's coaching but for me, Rondo's assist streak is dragging us down.. Setting and breaking records is great but it's really becoming a major distraction.. It seems like every play, he's looking for an assist instead of making the right plays.. 12 games in, it's about time Rajon and the team get their acts together before it's too late!

He is not that kind of player, and I don't get why people think that the streak is more important to him than winning games. It might be a minor distraction, but he has always and will probably always be looking for the assist. It's what makes him tick as a basketball player: To set up team mates for an easy basket. That is also most often the right play. Even moreso with the team mates he has had for most of his career.

And you can't say that he has stopped taking jumpers or going to the rim because of the streak. He doesn't like going to the rim during the regular season, because he ends beat up. It is usually a bad sign for the team, when he needs to take over with shooting.

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 11:26:22 PM »

Kiorrik

Yeah, Rondo. Stop scoring and racking up assists for a while, and instead, focus on helping the team. You can, like, I dunno, bring towels. Or something.

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 12:02:34 AM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
I would say that despite the streak and  overall good numbers we haven't seen rondo dominate a game yet this season like we know he can do. I think they need that kind of crazy rondo game almost nightly now to win more than they lose.

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 12:18:37 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
Yeah, Rondo. Stop scoring and racking up assists for a while, and instead, focus on helping the team. You can, like, I dunno, bring towels. Or something.

I'm sure they'd appreciate a nice snack while he's at it.

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2012, 01:24:56 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Without Rondo's assists we probably woulnd't crack 90 points tonight.

Rondo hasn't changed his style of play, assists streak or not. He distributes, he finds open people and they knock shots. So to say that the reason we are losing is because the streak is the focus is unfair for Rondo.

Then again, everyone blames Rondo for everything, why am I even bothering...
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2012, 02:14:45 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

and bring KG's favorite PBnJ while he's at it!

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2012, 02:44:57 AM »

Kiorrik

and bring KG's favorite PBnJ while he's at it!
Guys, guys! NOW you're asking too much!

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2012, 02:55:22 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Kid needs to penetrate more, he just stood at the top of the key for the entire game... Drive the lane, don't be afraid of getting fouled and having to make free throws, don't pout when Pierce takes the ball up just cut and move off the ball. He can improve his play

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2012, 02:59:00 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Yeah, rondos 22 points and 15 assists was clearly the reason we lost this game.  ::)

Haha my thoughts exactly.

Dude. Do you even remember last year? When this team fought these same issues for about FORTY games?! Without the amount of new players to work with. Come on dude.

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2012, 03:01:42 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
rondo is consistently our best player.

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2012, 03:10:19 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Wow.

Ten games to get an almost completely new team working as a cohesive unit at both ends of the floor ... at the NBA level?!?

Come on, man, this is reality ... I don't know anyone personally who realistically expects much chemistry until at least the middle of the season, (and after Bradley returns), and even that's a bit optimistic, IMO.

I think a collective step back from the brink of Emerald City might be a good idea ... there's a red brick road also, back to Kansas.

2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *