Author Topic: Memo to Rondo : Screw the Streak!  (Read 6675 times)

Re: Memo to Rondo : Screw the Streak!
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2012, 12:26:06 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
As probably Rondo's biggest critic on this blog, I have to disagree wit your argument. Rondo is a great player & his streak has nothing to do with the C's mishaps. I'm not sure if he's a good fit though for this team. If he is; we surely do need a back-up point guard like "Jose Calderon". His streak once again has nothing to do with the losses.

The Celtics losses are mainly because of "R E B O U N D I N G". Defensive rebounds is our #1 downfall. When we don't rebound, teams get the offensive boards & more than likely buries us with second, third & even fourth chance points at times. Defensive Rebounds is a major, & biggest of our problem.

Our 2nd problem is the 2 guard position. Terry is not a 2 & should not guard them either. On Dallas Jason Kidd defended the 2 guards. Lee so far has been a disappointment. He's naturally a small small-forward & not a 2 guard either. Avery Bradley is well missed at this position.

Changes that need to be made:

Sign K-Mart & start him right away.
Sarters: right now should be: Rondo, Barbosa (until Bradley returns), Pierce (Limited Mins), Martin & Garnett (limited Mins)

Bench: right now should be: Terry, Green, Bass (if he could guard Lebron he should be able to guard anyone), Sullinger, Wilcox

Lee will still get mins & so will all of the bigs as this team start blowing out teams again. Rondo is not the problem once again. Its Mainly this team's Defensive Rebounding.

KMart isn't a great rebounder. I think that if he was good enough to start for the Celts and solve our problems he wouldn't be sitting unsigned right now.

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2012, 06:56:09 PM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
I big the differ.... I think K-Mart is a great rebounder. Especially @ the offensive end. His post defense is pretty impressive also. Him starting will not only help the rebounding or defense, but definitely instill confidence & intimidation towards opponents.

« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2012, 07:40:34 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I big the differ.... I think K-Mart is a great rebounder. Especially @ the offensive end. His post defense is pretty impressive also. Him starting will not only help the rebounding or defense, but definitely instill confidence & intimidation towards opponents.

His rebound rate 3 years ago was 15.8, 2 years ago 13.9, last year 11.2. For reference, KG's a 15.4, Bass is 11.4. So in two years he went from slightly better than KG to slightly worse than Bass.

« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2012, 11:42:35 PM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
he also in 2 yrs went from playing alongside 2 great rebounders (Nene & Andersen) & also going to China returning to the states to play alongside again 2 great rebounders (Griffin & Jordan). #'s are deceiving don't fall for it. I look for how someone actually plays & circumstance. BTW he may not even come here. The [dang] Miami Heat are at it again.... EEEERRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/report-heat-now-on-top-of-kenyon-martins-list-743168.html

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2012, 11:05:58 AM »

Offline OmarSekou

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 93
I think the streak is a good thing. I think things like that boost team morale and are can be appreciated by fans over the long term.

Rondo's assist streak is something that every guy on the roster will take away with them when they leave the game. Especially with an assist streak, it's a team accomplishment.

And the idea that Rondo is being purposely unselfish to boost his stats seems off. This is the most aggressive he's ever been! This is the first year where he's come out the gate firing jumpers with confidence and getting the ball in his hands on every significant possession.

I'm confident that the guys on our roster are about winning first and foremost. Rondo seems to be among the more obsessed with winning so I've generally gone to bat for him on here (when I'm serious) and never questioned his desire.
"Suit up every day."

« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2012, 11:58:30 AM »

Offline snowball

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 47
It's a good thing the streak is in play now
when the games don't mean anything.