Poll

Do you expect Andrew Bynum to receive a max contract offer even if he doesn't play this season?

Yes
7 (58.3%)
No
5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 21, 2013, 03:14:34 PM

Author Topic: Do you expect Andrew Bynum to receive a max contract offer?  (Read 1266 times)

Do you expect Andrew Bynum to receive a max contract offer?
« on: November 22, 2012, 03:14:34 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Do you expect Andrew Bynum to receive a max contract offer even if he doesn't play this season?

I do. If the 76ers gave Elton Brand a max offer coming off a season of injury, I see them doing the same here. Granted, there is a different GM, but the people of Philly are fickle and would would be extremely upset if Bynum wasn't locked up long term. Even if it is not the right move they want justice to play out from that trade last summer. Thing is though, it is the right move. He's a big man with tremendous skill and the open market is all about supply and demand. Not a lot of supply of what Bynum offers.
The only color that matters is GREEN

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I could see some bonehead gm giving Bynum a max deal yes. Perfect example is amare in New York. They knew of his multiple surgeries, knew his health risks, but still threw max money at him.

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
I could see some bonehead gm giving Bynum a max deal yes. Perfect example is amare in New York. They knew of his multiple surgeries, knew his health risks, but still threw max money at him.

Ah yes, another good example.

Re: Do you expect Andrew Bynum to receive a max contract offer?
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 03:58:27 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
well... some fans are crazy enough to believe that Bynum is better than Dwight Howard.  Dwight Howard is clearly the best big man alive... a guy who can take a garbage supporting cast like Orlando to the Finals by himself.  So if you do the logical math on that one, those fans must assume that Bynum makes whatever team he's on a contender. That's worth a  max contract, right?  Lol.

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 05:38:57 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
well... some fans are crazy enough to believe that Bynum is better than Dwight Howard.  Dwight Howard is clearly the best big man alive... a guy who can take a garbage supporting cast like Orlando to the Finals by himself.  So if you do the logical math on that one, those fans must assume that Bynum makes whatever team he's on a contender. That's worth a  max contract, right?  Lol.

Sure, I wouldn't doubt some GM's sharing in this logic. He'll be a max guy.

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 11:18:15 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
Surprising numbers so far with less than 50% saying yes. Why no guys? History isn't on your side. Have GMs smartened up?

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 11:45:12 AM »

LEHGOCELTICS

When even the under-performing Hibbert can receive the max, the second-best center is definitely getting the max.