Author Topic: This is too much and way too frustrating! All the talent my foot  (Read 6571 times)

Re: I am done with this team. All the talent my foot
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2012, 01:29:32 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Im disappointed as well, but it seems you lost hope and I guess that's fine.

One thing though. I mean no disrespect but can I call you a band wagoner no good Celtics fan if all of a sudden the C's pick it up and you come back here in the forums going all "yey, that's what I'm talking about, Celtics ya'll!"?

I mean you gave you gave up on them already right? There should be no reason to cheer for them again when they pick it up, unless you're a band wagoner no good Celtic fan?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2012, 02:15:37 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I'm disappointed as well, but I will never give up on this team. I mean come on I finished watching the game, went out and came back and saw all these negative ads!

come on man! have a little more faith on our team

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2012, 02:22:21 AM »

Offline ItStaysYang

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
TBH OP, I was prepared to flame the living poo out of you until ... I realized that I agree with nearly 100% of what you wrote. Especially the bits about Jeff Green. He's so bad

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2012, 02:25:14 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
If it makes you feel any better, the Lakers have the same record as us and they were supposed to go 73-9. There.

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2012, 03:20:49 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
10 games in and you've given up. So you watched the team last year? Why are you still watching if you didn't give up after 10 games last year?

This bench is 10 times better than last years bench, offensively and defensively.

Anyhow, you said you're done with the team so have a nice life. Oh wait we'll probably see you in 2 weeks after we win 5 in a row. lol.

There are 8 new players. It's going to take a lot more than 10 games brah. Grab a beer and enjoy the ride.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2012, 03:57:53 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
If it makes you feel any better, the Lakers have the same record as us and they were supposed to go 73-9. There.

They've still got a chance.  So do we, for that matter.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2012, 03:59:22 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

They've still got a chance.  So do we, for that matter.

Exactly. It's a wee bit too early to get the blues.

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2012, 04:20:36 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Save that for the playoffs when the team gets destroyed. Trust me, even if they lose in the playoffs, they will make it tough for the opposing teams.

That said, I think it has something to do with Doc. He utilize his players the wrong way. The small ball has to stop unless it's effective.

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2012, 04:32:47 AM »

Offline Big_Dave31

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 37
70 games to go bro....

I for one couldnt care less if all you "celtic fans" left. Go root for OKC/Miami while they are winning.

FFS choose a team a stick with them!!!!!!!! This forums has some of the most dramatic fans ever.

You think this is bad???? Trying barracking for Richmond in the AFL!!!!!
You poor bugger...I thought I had it bad last season..(Blues fan)...Richmond, now that's a team with fans that have suffered.

I have been extremely frustrated with our lackluster play to start the season...havi said that, I have no doubt that as the season goes on, we will pick it up.
If not, Danny will get some help at the midway point of the season.  I am not panicked now, just very frustrated.
No matter what happens though, I will never be embarrassed to be a Celtics fan, I wasn't embarrassed in the 90's, so, I sure as hell wouldn't be now.

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2012, 05:19:30 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Our bench is beyond garbage. Last year, at least people like Hollins (YES, HOLLINS), Pietrus, and other caught some alley-oops and found a way to score. This year's bench can't play for once. They score 20+ one game, and then go back to their old "garbage-ness" and then after 5-6 games of being awful, they make up for it with one game of 20+ points again.

Maybe you have bad memory - our bench last year was hideous offensively.  If our entire bench scored 15 points, that was typically considered a strong night.

This season our bench is consistently scoring 20-30 PPG.  Even on a bad night if you look at the box score we have at least 24 points or so from our bench.

5. Remind what the role of Terry is in this game?

He's there to do the same thing he did in Dallas - to give us consistent (and efficient) scoring in the backcourt.

So far he's done exactly that - he's scored double figures in all but three of out 12 games so far, he's averaging 20 points per 48 minutes and he's shooting 50% from the field, 40% from three and 85% from the free throw line.

That's very slightly less scoring then he provided in Dallas on a per minute basis - this is expected since he is a 4th scoring option here (after Pierce, Garnett and Rondo) and he's scoring at a much higher efficiency than last year to back this.

Remember Terry should be coming off he bench - his consistent double figure scoring would be a major benefit off there, but Doc has had to start him because Courtney Lee has been well...nothing short of useless.  Terry has actually played very solid for us.

As for the Bradley comment, he actually WILL make a major difference when he returns, assuming he's healthy.  His defense will be huge for us and will potentially transform this team, while return will allow us to move Terry back to his natural 6th man role where his contribution off the bench will be much needed.

Sorry to say but I think I preferred Sullinger starting too.  I still think he plays better alongside KG and his rebounding helps out starting unit dramatically, while I think the consistent double figure scoring from Bass was huge for our bench.

I agree with most of what you said to be honest.  Doc is really leaving me scratching my head.  I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt because he's been one of the best coaches in this league for the entire Big 3 era, but he's defiantely starting to make me wonder.

We need size...I don't expect him to start Collins and play him 25 minutes, but I think a good 5-10 minutes with him out of the floor would benefit us massively.  When he was on the court in earlier games teams WERE more hessitant taking it to the basket.
Other than these two points I agree

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2012, 06:34:29 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Bye.  Don't let the door hit you as you leave...

I still think we could turn it on after the allstar break and we will make the playoffs and do some damage.

How is the weather up there?   Sounds fair....

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2012, 08:38:31 AM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
i'll just take a bit of rest from the celtics for a while. No gonna watch games, or updates whasoever. I am just so frustrated right now.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2012, 08:48:39 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
its 12 games into the season...70games is ALOT of time to improve/get better..and we WILL

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2012, 09:04:16 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
What happens? We lose.......What others say: "Wait, let them gel together"

Its been 12 games, and we are at .500. All this "talented on paper" my foot when we just plain up suck.

Don't give the nonsense that last year it was the same story but we improved.

We improved because KG moved to center and Bradley became a starter. This year, KG is already a center and Bradley by himself will not get us anywhere.

Our bench is beyond garbage. Last year, at least people like Hollins (YES, HOLLINS), Pietrus, and other caught some alley-oops and found a way to score. This year's bench can't play for once. They score 20+ one game, and then go back to their old "garbage-ness" and then after 5-6 games of being awful, they make up for it with one game of 20+ points again.

I don't like reading or writing threads like these, but this year and this time, I am extremely forced to.

This team isn't getting anywhere.

Somethings that really tick me off:
1. Rondo slows down the game while there are people running with him.

2. Rondo brings up the ball, passes it some one else, that person either turns it over or passes it back to Rondo, Rondo waits until shot clock is less than 5, then either takes up a shot, or passes it to someone else who turns it over.

3. Green just stands in the corner. In the past 12 games, I have yet to see plays designed specifically for Green. The only time Green is effective is when he goes down and yells for the ball, that also he has to put his hand high in the air to get Rondo's attention. I have seen countless times Green asking for the ball while keep his hands on the chest level, and Rondo passes it to someone else.

4. Green is just like the rest of the bench. Plays worse than trash for 5-6 games, then makes up for it with one highlight play and everyone starts thinking good of him again.

5. Remind what the role of Terry is in this game?

6. Can Rondo play defense? Best defensive PG my foot, he plays worse defense than Stoudemire.

7. Green, you're position is Forward, not guard. Today, Bass boxes out to rebound, and Green is standing right there and he has a choice of picking up a big man or a guard, and he picks up a guard while leaving the big man alone down low. You want Bass to rebound over two big guys?

8. KG, what's wrong with your jumper? That is one of the most consistent part of your games. I thought getting called old motivates you, then don't you realize that not being able to hit a jumper consistently for you is sign of aging?

9. Doc, are you stupid? Small-ball doesn't work for every team. Memphis demolished the Knicks' small-ball line up by playing their regular, big guys, then why are you playing small-ball every game? Also, does it take you more than 5 minutes to realize that the other team is exploiting the current lineup on the floor? Despite getting outscored and playing awful D, you keep that specific lineup out there, damaging our chances of winning.

10. Out of the entire lineup, Leandro Barbosa is the only player on the team who you can put on the floor and know that he will score. He is a ball-hog, but I'd much rather have him on the floor than other guys on this team.

Just like others, I wait multiple days to watch a Celtics game, only to see them play so bad?

Please don't give me the chemistry garbage. In the Bulls game, we clearly saw that we can do very good together.

I am so disappointed in this team, more disappointed than last year before the all-star break.

good riddance. if they turn it around, i hope u miss the bandwagon when u try to jump on

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2012, 01:20:26 PM »

Offline badshar

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72
For those thinking I am a bandwagon fan or about to switch, you guys are WRONG. I have been a fan forever. Even through the 2006-07 season. I have cheered them through their bad times, and obviously their good times. So no, I will not leave them for some other team, cause I am not a bandwagoner.

Now on to this season, I am frustrated not because we are losing, but because the mistakes we are making now, we have been making them since the beginning of the season. We are not improving at all. After every game, one person comes to the media and says, "We have got to improve on ...." What happens next? Nothing. Forget about correcting our mistakes from previous games. In the next game, we make those mistakes again as well as also collapse in other things. If we are moving at this pace, forget winning 50+ games, we will barely make it to 40.

Sure it take times to get better together when more than half your team is replaced with new guys, but its absolutely ridiculous that we are not improving at any thing.

I don't even want to talk about our defense. We have prided our team on defense for the past 5 years. Is this the defense we pride ourselves on?

Again, to those thinking I am a bandwagon fan: I AM NOT. I am writing this out of frustration. We know the problem. We know how to improve it. We want to improve it. Then why don't we actually do it. Every game its the same story.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 02:14:21 PM by badshar »