Author Topic: This is too much and way too frustrating! All the talent my foot  (Read 6569 times)

This is too much and way too frustrating! All the talent my foot
« on: November 21, 2012, 10:07:45 PM »

Offline badshar

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72
What happens? We lose.......What others say: "Wait, let them gel together"

Its been 12 games, and we are at .500. All this "talented on paper" my foot when we just plain up suck.

Don't give the nonsense that last year it was the same story but we improved.

We improved because KG moved to center and Bradley became a starter. This year, KG is already a center and Bradley by himself will not get us anywhere.

Our bench is beyond garbage. Last year, at least people like Hollins (YES, HOLLINS), Pietrus, and other caught some alley-oops and found a way to score. This year's bench can't play for once. They score 20+ one game, and then go back to their old "garbage-ness" and then after 5-6 games of being awful, they make up for it with one game of 20+ points again.

I don't like reading or writing threads like these, but this year and this time, I am extremely forced to.

This team isn't getting anywhere.

Somethings that really tick me off:
1. Rondo slows down the game while there are people running with him.

2. Rondo brings up the ball, passes it some one else, that person either turns it over or passes it back to Rondo, Rondo waits until shot clock is less than 5, then either takes up a shot, or passes it to someone else who turns it over.

3. Green just stands in the corner. In the past 12 games, I have yet to see plays designed specifically for Green. The only time Green is effective is when he goes down and yells for the ball, that also he has to put his hand high in the air to get Rondo's attention. I have seen countless times Green asking for the ball while keep his hands on the chest level, and Rondo passes it to someone else.

4. Green is just like the rest of the bench. Plays worse than trash for 5-6 games, then makes up for it with one highlight play and everyone starts thinking good of him again.

5. Remind what the role of Terry is in this game?

6. Can Rondo play defense? Best defensive PG my foot, he plays worse defense than Stoudemire.

7. Green, you're position is Forward, not guard. Today, Bass boxes out to rebound, and Green is standing right there and he has a choice of picking up a big man or a guard, and he picks up a guard while leaving the big man alone down low. You want Bass to rebound over two big guys?

8. KG, what's wrong with your jumper? That is one of the most consistent part of your games. I thought getting called old motivates you, then don't you realize that not being able to hit a jumper consistently for you is sign of aging?

9. Doc, are you stupid? Small-ball doesn't work for every team. Memphis demolished the Knicks' small-ball line up by playing their regular, big guys, then why are you playing small-ball every game? Also, does it take you more than 5 minutes to realize that the other team is exploiting the current lineup on the floor? Despite getting outscored and playing awful D, you keep that specific lineup out there, damaging our chances of winning.

10. Out of the entire lineup, Leandro Barbosa is the only player on the team who you can put on the floor and know that he will score. He is a ball-hog, but I'd much rather have him on the floor than other guys on this team.

Just like others, I wait multiple days to watch a Celtics game, only to see them play so bad?

Please don't give me the chemistry garbage. In the Bulls game, we clearly saw that we can do very good together.

I am so disappointed in this team, more disappointed than last year before the all-star break.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 11:59:35 PM by badshar »

Re: I am done with this team. All the talent my foot
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 10:15:10 PM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I am so disappointed in this team, more disappointed than last year before the all-star break.
TP. I was just gonna say that man, this team is hard to watch, it's like they're playing pickup games...
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 10:18:08 PM »

Offline Shad0wman

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
I feel ya man. Team is complete garbage and really not fun to watch at all. Barely a shadow of the 2008 team and I don't see a competitor in this team at all. Call me done as well. When this team looks to have given up on themselves and not even give a semblance of an entertaining basketball game, how do they expect anyone else to. I envy the blind fools who jsut 'enjoy the game' and 'stick by their team' and don't 'bandwagon' but REALLY??? REALLY? this steaming pile of garbage you call a basketball team? HAHAHAHAHA! I envy you.

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 10:21:43 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Man, hope you feel better now.  Now what was a heck of a vent.

I'm gonna keep watching anyhow.
Yup

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 10:27:53 PM »

Offline badshar

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72
Not bragging or anything, but I repeatedly stand up for this team in front of fans and bandwagoners of every team the way a fan would, and repeatedly I get put down by this team. This team isn't playing with any heart. I will always like the Celtics. I can't imagine putting some other team as my favorite team in the NBA. Its frustrating that we continuously repeat the same mistakes. We have got to improve, else forget the hopes of 18. :(
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 02:27:44 PM by badshar »

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 10:38:09 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
TP !!!! you nailed it.

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2012, 10:54:24 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
FYI...Miami started 9-8 in 2010-11...things take time

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2012, 11:00:27 PM »

Offline jowwwman

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11

Its been 12 games, and we are at .500. All this "talented on paper" my foot when we just plain up suck.

We improved because KG moved to center and Bradley became a starter. This year, KG is already a center and Bradley by himself will not get us anywhere.

Our bench is beyond garbage. Last year, at least people like Hollins (YES, HOLLINS), Pietrus, and other caught some alley-oops and found a way to score. This year's bench can't play for once. They score 20+ one game, and then go back to their old "garbage-ness" and then after 5-6 games of being awful, they make up for it with one game of 20+ points again.

I don't like reading or writing threads like these, but this year and this time, I am extremely forced to.

2. Rondo brings up the ball, passes it some one else, that person either turns it over or passes it back to Rondo, Rondo waits until shot clock is less than 5, then either takes up a shot, or passes it to someone else who turns it over.

3. Green just stands in the corner. In the past 12 games, I have yet to see plays designed specifically for Green. The only time Green is effective is when he goes down and yells for the ball, that also he has to put his hand high in the air to get Rondo's attention. I have seen countless times Green asking for the ball while keep his hands on the chest level, and Rondo passes it to someone else.

4. Green is just like the rest of the bench. Plays worse than trash for 5-6 games, then makes up for it with one highlight play and everyone starts thinking good of him again.

6. Can Rondo play defense? Best defensive PG my foot, he plays worse defense than Stoudemire.

7. Green, you're position is Forward, not guard. Today, Bass boxes out to rebound, and Green is standing right there and he has a choice of picking up a big man or a guard, and he picks up a guard while leaving the big man alone down low. You want Bass to rebound over two big guys?

8. KG, what's wrong with your jumper? That is one of the most consistent part of your games. I thought getting called old motivates you, then don't you realize that not being able to hit a jumper consistently for you is sign of aging?

9. Doc, are you stupid? Small-ball doesn't work for every team. Memphis demolished the Knicks' small-ball line up by playing their regular, big guys, then why are you playing small-ball every game? Also, does it take you more than 5 minutes to realize that the other team is exploiting the current lineup on the floor? Despite getting outscored and playing awful D, you keep that specific lineup out there, damaging our chances of winning.

10. Out of the entire lineup, Leandro Barbosa is the only player on the team who you can put on the floor and know that he will score. He is a ball-hog, but I'd much rather have him on the floor than other guys on this team.

Just like others, I wait multiple days to watch a Celtics game, only to see them play so bad?

Please don't give me the chemistry garbage. In the Bulls game, we clearly saw that we can do very good together.

We were a better team last year because of our bench was better last year. We have no options off the bench besides Barbosa right now. At least guys like Pietrus who weren't "talented" played with intensity and relied on IQ plays that make a formidable bench for a contender.

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2012, 11:59:31 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
A move needs to be made... we all know that. But we can't trade our most trade-able players yet.

So we wait.

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2012, 12:17:40 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
FYI...Miami started 9-8 in 2010-11...things take time

But the Heat are gods and can do no wrong. LeBron and Wade kings of the world.

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2012, 12:20:12 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Don't let the door hit your butt on the way out.

Fans need to stick with their team through good and bad.

I'm not exactly encouraged by their play at the moment either, but I'm never going to give up on them.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2012, 12:30:32 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Not sure which team you're changing to, but I hear Miami is looking for fair weather fans. ;)

Seriously, almost every single complaint here are complaints I've heard a hundred times before during "rebuilds" or injury plagued periods or early in every season.

The defense sucks right now, but we scored a hundred points against San Antonio, and despite the horrible "D", still had a chance to win this game.

I have seen nothing that isn't correctable by small changes to rotation or execution on offense, and I personally didn't expect this team to be clicking yet.

People may see the "mostly new members" thing as an excuse, but it's just the plain reality of where we are and what tweaks need to be made in the most competitive league in the world, a league where even the smallest problems are magnified by a hundred.

Just over ten games into the season and people are bailing out and giving up ... man, I wish some folks could go back in time and get a taste of what losing record seasons and "the lean years" were really like, and what it feels like to truly have only one reason for sticking around, (Paul Pierce).

This team is so far from bailing out on that it's not even worth serious discussion. This will take some time, that's just the reality of it, but we have so much to build on and tweak and utilize and make more of and improve on and work out ... some teams have no such pieces, and this team has been there in the past.

Take a step back, a deep breath, a reality check, a comparative assessment, a broader perspective, and be thankful that we have the room to improve and the pieces to refine. Or give up and bail out whenever your team has a rough spot ... there's no shortage of bandwagons in the NBA, that's guaranteed.

It's just a game, afterall ... but this is a team I'll never be "done" with, for better or worse, and believe it or not, there's a lot to be excited about right now, and very little that's not within reach.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2012, 12:37:02 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Not sure which team you're changing to, but I hear Miami is looking for fair weather fans. ;)

Seriously, almost every single complaint here are complaints I've heard a hundred times before during "rebuilds" or injury plagued periods or early in every season.

The defense sucks right now, but we scored a hundred points against San Antonio, and despite the horrible "D", still had a chance to win this game.

I have seen nothing that isn't correctable by small changes to rotation or execution on offense, and I personally didn't expect this team to be clicking yet.

People may see the "mostly new members" thing as an excuse, but it's just the plain reality of where we are and what tweaks need to be made in the most competitive league in the world, a league where even the smallest problems are magnified by a hundred.

Just over ten games into the season and people are bailing out and giving up ... man, I wish some folks could go back in time and get a taste of what losing record seasons and "the lean years" were really like, and what it feels like to truly have only one reason for sticking around, (Paul Pierce).

This team is so far from bailing out on that it's not even worth serious discussion. This will take some time, that's just the reality of it, but we have so much to build on and tweak and utilize and make more of and improve on and work out ... some teams have no such pieces, and this team has been there in the past.

Take a step back, a deep breath, a reality check, a comparative assessment, a broader perspective, and be thankful that we have the room to improve and the pieces to refine. Or give up and bail out whenever your team has a rough spot ... there's no shortage of bandwagons in the NBA, that's guaranteed.

It's just a game, afterall ... but this is a team I'll never be "done" with, for better or worse, and believe it or not, there's a lot to be excited about right now, and very little that's not within reach.

Thank you for expressing what I said above you with a lot more eloquence.

TP and I'm glad there is at least someone here that shares my thinking.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2012, 12:40:17 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

We were a better team last year because of our bench was better last year. We have no options off the bench besides Barbosa right now. At least guys like Pietrus who weren't "talented" played with intensity and relied on IQ plays that make a formidable bench for a contender.

Really now

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2012, 12:59:03 AM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
70 games to go bro....

I for one couldnt care less if all you "celtic fans" left. Go root for OKC/Miami while they are winning.

FFS choose a team a stick with them!!!!!!!! This forums has some of the most dramatic fans ever.

You think this is bad???? Trying barracking for Richmond in the AFL!!!!!