What happens? We lose.......What others say: "Wait, let them gel together"
Its been 12 games, and we are at .500. All this "talented on paper" my foot when we just plain up suck.
Don't give the nonsense that last year it was the same story but we improved.
We improved because KG moved to center and Bradley became a starter. This year, KG is already a center and Bradley by himself will not get us anywhere.
Our bench is beyond garbage. Last year, at least people like Hollins (YES, HOLLINS), Pietrus, and other caught some alley-oops and found a way to score. This year's bench can't play for once. They score 20+ one game, and then go back to their old "garbage-ness" and then after 5-6 games of being awful, they make up for it with one game of 20+ points again.
I don't like reading or writing threads like these, but this year and this time, I am extremely forced to.
This team isn't getting anywhere.
Somethings that really tick me off:
1. Rondo slows down the game while there are people running with him.
2. Rondo brings up the ball, passes it some one else, that person either turns it over or passes it back to Rondo, Rondo waits until shot clock is less than 5, then either takes up a shot, or passes it to someone else who turns it over.
3. Green just stands in the corner. In the past 12 games, I have yet to see plays designed specifically for Green. The only time Green is effective is when he goes down and yells for the ball, that also he has to put his hand high in the air to get Rondo's attention. I have seen countless times Green asking for the ball while keep his hands on the chest level, and Rondo passes it to someone else.
4. Green is just like the rest of the bench. Plays worse than trash for 5-6 games, then makes up for it with one highlight play and everyone starts thinking good of him again.
5. Remind what the role of Terry is in this game?
6. Can Rondo play defense? Best defensive PG my foot, he plays worse defense than Stoudemire.
7. Green, you're position is Forward, not guard. Today, Bass boxes out to rebound, and Green is standing right there and he has a choice of picking up a big man or a guard, and he picks up a guard while leaving the big man alone down low. You want Bass to rebound over two big guys?
8. KG, what's wrong with your jumper? That is one of the most consistent part of your games. I thought getting called old motivates you, then don't you realize that not being able to hit a jumper consistently for you is sign of aging?
9. Doc, are you stupid? Small-ball doesn't work for every team. Memphis demolished the Knicks' small-ball line up by playing their regular, big guys, then why are you playing small-ball every game? Also, does it take you more than 5 minutes to realize that the other team is exploiting the current lineup on the floor? Despite getting outscored and playing awful D, you keep that specific lineup out there, damaging our chances of winning.
10. Out of the entire lineup, Leandro Barbosa is the only player on the team who you can put on the floor and know that he will score. He is a ball-hog, but I'd much rather have him on the floor than other guys on this team.
Just like others, I wait multiple days to watch a Celtics game, only to see them play so bad?
Please don't give me the chemistry garbage. In the Bulls game, we clearly saw that we can do very good together.
I am so disappointed in this team, more disappointed than last year before the all-star break.