Author Topic: This is too much and way too frustrating! All the talent my foot  (Read 6613 times)

Re: I am done with this team. All the talent my foot
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2012, 02:20:23 PM »

Offline badshar

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72
There are only a handful teams that even play small-ball. Then why do we continuously use the small-ball lineup for almost every game. I don't even remember a time when Collins or any legit big guy played for more than 2-3 minutes.

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2012, 03:47:16 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
What happens? We lose.......What others say: "Wait, let them gel together"

Its been 12 games, and we are at .500. All this "talented on paper" my foot when we just plain up suck.

Don't give the nonsense that last year it was the same story but we improved.

We improved because KG moved to center and Bradley became a starter. This year, KG is already a center and Bradley by himself will not get us anywhere.

Our bench is beyond garbage. Last year, at least people like Hollins (YES, HOLLINS), Pietrus, and other caught some alley-oops and found a way to score. This year's bench can't play for once. They score 20+ one game, and then go back to their old "garbage-ness" and then after 5-6 games of being awful, they make up for it with one game of 20+ points again.

I don't like reading or writing threads like these, but this year and this time, I am extremely forced to.

This team isn't getting anywhere.

Somethings that really tick me off:
1. Rondo slows down the game while there are people running with him.

2. Rondo brings up the ball, passes it some one else, that person either turns it over or passes it back to Rondo, Rondo waits until shot clock is less than 5, then either takes up a shot, or passes it to someone else who turns it over.

3. Green just stands in the corner. In the past 12 games, I have yet to see plays designed specifically for Green. The only time Green is effective is when he goes down and yells for the ball, that also he has to put his hand high in the air to get Rondo's attention. I have seen countless times Green asking for the ball while keep his hands on the chest level, and Rondo passes it to someone else.

4. Green is just like the rest of the bench. Plays worse than trash for 5-6 games, then makes up for it with one highlight play and everyone starts thinking good of him again.

5. Remind what the role of Terry is in this game?

6. Can Rondo play defense? Best defensive PG my foot, he plays worse defense than Stoudemire.

7. Green, you're position is Forward, not guard. Today, Bass boxes out to rebound, and Green is standing right there and he has a choice of picking up a big man or a guard, and he picks up a guard while leaving the big man alone down low. You want Bass to rebound over two big guys?

8. KG, what's wrong with your jumper? That is one of the most consistent part of your games. I thought getting called old motivates you, then don't you realize that not being able to hit a jumper consistently for you is sign of aging?

9. Doc, are you stupid? Small-ball doesn't work for every team. Memphis demolished the Knicks' small-ball line up by playing their regular, big guys, then why are you playing small-ball every game? Also, does it take you more than 5 minutes to realize that the other team is exploiting the current lineup on the floor? Despite getting outscored and playing awful D, you keep that specific lineup out there, damaging our chances of winning.

10. Out of the entire lineup, Leandro Barbosa is the only player on the team who you can put on the floor and know that he will score. He is a ball-hog, but I'd much rather have him on the floor than other guys on this team.

Just like others, I wait multiple days to watch a Celtics game, only to see them play so bad?

Please don't give me the chemistry garbage. In the Bulls game, we clearly saw that we can do very good together.

I am so disappointed in this team, more disappointed than last year before the all-star break.

A perfect example of an impatient bandwagon fan

Translation to OP's post :
Hurry up Celtics and win games for me, so I can brag to Heat fans how awesome the Celtics are!!!

« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2012, 04:23:39 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227
This team is so frustating and dissapointing. Doc Rivers he is a big part of the problem. He's clueless on the rotations and really isn't putting guys in situaions to succeed.

But i can't say i'm even close to done with the team. I don't get much joy out of watching them right now but i'll remember why i love this team so much when they're putting it all on the line come playoff time.

I still have complete faith that the big three can win the championship this year but not with the current supporting cast. Roster changes need to be made. Danny needs to work his magic and ship out these "finness scorers" and bring in some gritty defenders. Give me a James Posey over a Jeff Green any day of the week. 

« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2012, 04:25:12 PM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 120
"Doc Rivers he is a big part of the problem. He's clueless on the rotations and really isn't putting guys in situaions to succeed"

Correct tp

« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2012, 04:29:25 PM »

Offline badshar

• Jaylen Brown
What happens? We lose.......What others say: "Wait, let them gel together"

Its been 12 games, and we are at .500. All this "talented on paper" my foot when we just plain up suck.

Don't give the nonsense that last year it was the same story but we improved.

We improved because KG moved to center and Bradley became a starter. This year, KG is already a center and Bradley by himself will not get us anywhere.

Our bench is beyond garbage. Last year, at least people like Hollins (YES, HOLLINS), Pietrus, and other caught some alley-oops and found a way to score. This year's bench can't play for once. They score 20+ one game, and then go back to their old "garbage-ness" and then after 5-6 games of being awful, they make up for it with one game of 20+ points again.

I don't like reading or writing threads like these, but this year and this time, I am extremely forced to.

This team isn't getting anywhere.

Somethings that really tick me off:
1. Rondo slows down the game while there are people running with him.

2. Rondo brings up the ball, passes it some one else, that person either turns it over or passes it back to Rondo, Rondo waits until shot clock is less than 5, then either takes up a shot, or passes it to someone else who turns it over.

3. Green just stands in the corner. In the past 12 games, I have yet to see plays designed specifically for Green. The only time Green is effective is when he goes down and yells for the ball, that also he has to put his hand high in the air to get Rondo's attention. I have seen countless times Green asking for the ball while keep his hands on the chest level, and Rondo passes it to someone else.

4. Green is just like the rest of the bench. Plays worse than trash for 5-6 games, then makes up for it with one highlight play and everyone starts thinking good of him again.

5. Remind what the role of Terry is in this game?

6. Can Rondo play defense? Best defensive PG my foot, he plays worse defense than Stoudemire.

7. Green, you're position is Forward, not guard. Today, Bass boxes out to rebound, and Green is standing right there and he has a choice of picking up a big man or a guard, and he picks up a guard while leaving the big man alone down low. You want Bass to rebound over two big guys?

8. KG, what's wrong with your jumper? That is one of the most consistent part of your games. I thought getting called old motivates you, then don't you realize that not being able to hit a jumper consistently for you is sign of aging?

9. Doc, are you stupid? Small-ball doesn't work for every team. Memphis demolished the Knicks' small-ball line up by playing their regular, big guys, then why are you playing small-ball every game? Also, does it take you more than 5 minutes to realize that the other team is exploiting the current lineup on the floor? Despite getting outscored and playing awful D, you keep that specific lineup out there, damaging our chances of winning.

10. Out of the entire lineup, Leandro Barbosa is the only player on the team who you can put on the floor and know that he will score. He is a ball-hog, but I'd much rather have him on the floor than other guys on this team.

Just like others, I wait multiple days to watch a Celtics game, only to see them play so bad?

Please don't give me the chemistry garbage. In the Bulls game, we clearly saw that we can do very good together.

I am so disappointed in this team, more disappointed than last year before the all-star break.

A perfect example of an impatient bandwagon fan

Translation to OP's post :
Hurry up Celtics and win games for me, so I can brag to Heat fans how awesome the Celtics are!!!
Wow, I can't believe I am being accused of being a bandwagon. Whatever. I was a fan of the Celtics, I am a fan, and I will continue to be a fan, whether other consider me a true fan or not.

There is no reason for me to explain that I am not a bandwagon fan. Think what you want, the fact is and will remain that I am a fan of the Celtics, not a bandwagon.

It astonishes me that people on this forum complain and criticize the team all the time, yet its normal for them since a fan is sad that his team isn't doing good. I rarely ever post anything like on this forum, yet when I say something like this, I get called all kinds of things.

I get it, if you are dissatisfied by how you're team is playing, you're a bandwagon fan. Nice logic.

« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2012, 05:14:54 PM »

Offline RyNye

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 97
There is no reason for me to explain that I am not a bandwagon fan. Think what you want, the fact is and will remain that I am a fan of the Celtics, not a bandwagon.

It astonishes me that people on this forum complain and criticize the team all the time, yet its normal for them since a fan is sad that his team isn't doing good. I rarely ever post anything like on this forum, yet when I say something like this, I get called all kinds of things.

I get it, if you are dissatisfied by how you're team is playing, you're a bandwagon fan. Nice logic.

You are the DEFINITION of a bandwagon fan.

You said specifically in the TITLE OF THIS THREAD, that you are "done with this team." Because they aren't playing well.

Nobody is saying you aren't allowed to criticize the team. But specifically saying that you are "DONE" with the team when they aren't playing well is THE EXACT DEFINITION OF A BANDWAGON FAN.

If you don't want people to call a duck a duck, then stop quacking.

« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2012, 05:20:42 PM »

Offline tonyto3690

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 39
I know these idiotic self entitled fans exist in every fanbase, but cripes you are an embarrassment.

Don't hurt yourself while you jump off the bandwagon the second we face some adversity.  We added what?  8 new players to our rotation?  What the hell did you expect?

Cripes people are stupid.

« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2012, 05:30:47 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
Imma Fan

love when we win
but when things gets tuff im still cheering them on

Imma Fan

*sippin*

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2012, 05:50:34 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Fan = fanatic.

I am with BT on this one, TP.   I love them good or bad.

« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2012, 05:52:27 PM »

Offline celtics2

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 42
DA found a vein of gold that lasted for 3 years. There should have been 2 Championships but wasn't to be. Now we're left with fools gold. A 5-8 playoff team. I can live with that. What I can't live with is what many are trying to force feed us. The talent that is there is beyond repeating such. The rest are just pawns with little value. Some say we lost some close ones. Yes, it is a 5 minute game that is basketball in the Pros. If there were only 5 minutes in a game we would still lose to those we lost to in the last 5. They are just plain better.

I personally pay less attention to the Celtic affairs. I don't bleed green. I grew up with the Cousy days. So I know what good basketball is. With all the Colleges feeding the NBA with talent it is up to management to figure it out. If Celtic management were in a pool of management we'd rank low. We have a hungry point guard and 2 above average starters and not much else to compliment them. Celtic Management have been breaking the Hearts of fans for decades now except for the 2 year hiccup. I'm a big Pats fan. They know how to keep their Star ravenous for Championships. They have geniuses at the helm. I don't understand the loyalty to losers, meaning management personnel. Docs just about where he was prior to the Big 3. At 500. I just know another Coach kicks some arse and we have about 3 more wins. I mean not hustling and hitting boards just doesn't pass the payroll test. I can just see Red dealing with this bunch.

« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2012, 05:53:51 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
"Doc Rivers he is a big part of the problem. He's clueless on the rotations and really isn't putting guys in situaions to succeed"

Correct tp

Yeah doc is overrated as far as im concerned. Good coach not great.

« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2012, 07:55:21 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
Now on to this season, I am frustrated not because we are losing, but because the mistakes we are making now, we have been making them since the beginning of the season. We are not improving at all.

We have been making mistakes since the beginning of the season because it IS the beginning of the season.

« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2012, 08:02:34 PM »

Offline badshar

• Jaylen Brown
Haha, I can't believe this. I am constantly insulted on other basketball boards for cheering on for the Celtics. I am insulted even more on the Celtics board. Great!

My wording might have been wrong, but I am frustrated with the fact that they make the exact same mistakes every game despite acknowledging it in the public.

You guys can call me bandwagon, if that pleases you. I am obviously not going to switch teams. I would have done that 4 years ago when KG got injured and all hopes of title went out the window. Its hard to believe that fans just like me thought I was a bandwagon. :(  :'(

« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2012, 08:33:52 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Haha, I can't believe this. I am constantly insulted on other basketball boards for cheering on for the Celtics. I am insulted even more on the Celtics board. Great!

My wording might have been wrong, but I am frustrated with the fact that they make the exact same mistakes every game despite acknowledging it in the public.

You guys can call me bandwagon, if that pleases you. I am obviously not going to switch teams. I would have done that 4 years ago when KG got injured and all hopes of title went out the window. Its hard to believe that fans just like me thought I was a bandwagon. :(  :'(

Dont go and completely diss the entire organisation on a celtics board when the team is 6 wins and 6 losses.

What sort of response were you expecting? Beer and skittles from all your fellow disgruntled long time fans?

People here want this team to succeed.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2012, 09:00:12 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
DA found a vein of gold that lasted for 3 years. There should have been 2 Championships but wasn't to be. Now we're left with fools gold. A 5-8 playoff team. I can live with that. What I can't live with is what many are trying to force feed us. The talent that is there is beyond repeating such. The rest are just pawns with little value. Some say we lost some close ones. Yes, it is a 5 minute game that is basketball in the Pros. If there were only 5 minutes in a game we would still lose to those we lost to in the last 5. They are just plain better.

I personally pay less attention to the Celtic affairs. I don't bleed green. I grew up with the Cousy days. So I know what good basketball is. With all the Colleges feeding the NBA with talent it is up to management to figure it out. If Celtic management were in a pool of management we'd rank low. We have a hungry point guard and 2 above average starters and not much else to compliment them. Celtic Management have been breaking the Hearts of fans for decades now except for the 2 year hiccup. I'm a big Pats fan. They know how to keep their Star ravenous for Championships. They have geniuses at the helm. I don't understand the loyalty to losers, meaning management personnel. Docs just about where he was prior to the Big 3. At 500. I just know another Coach kicks some arse and we have about 3 more wins. I mean not hustling and hitting boards just doesn't pass the payroll test. I can just see Red dealing with this bunch.

Celts management has been pretty good, Danny pretty much built a title team out of Pierce and a pile of junk. And I'd wait until a few years after Brady left before I talked about the brilliant management of the Pats, I don't think they've been overachieving for quite a while now.