Author Topic: Lee and Green = $60 mil of garbage  (Read 16510 times)

Re: Lee and Green = $60 mil of garbage
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2012, 10:22:26 PM »

Offline Shad0wman

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
I can't stand JG, every time I think about him or see him I cry thinking about the thousands of children starving because of the fraud of a basketball player. What a shame. Maybe if he dontaed all his money to charity and left the team to go become a missionary, I might reconsider, but as long as he's on this team, I have complete confidence that the C's will do nothing but fail as a team.

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2012, 10:22:28 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
Jeff green is reminding me a lot of vin baker and raef la frentz. Those r very bad memories. This sucks!

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2012, 10:29:38 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
I am greatly anticipating the day that Jeff Green is traded.

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2012, 10:36:08 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Two biggest disappointments in recent memory.  Please, get rid of these two

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2012, 10:39:32 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I'm not ready to put green in the baker and raef category yet, but man this is bad.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2012, 10:41:53 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1956
They're horrible right now, no question.  It's not just Lee and Green, the team as a whole hasn't been playing with any heart or pride.   

As dismal as it looks, it's still only 12 games in.  I'll wait until at least the All-Star break to pass judgment.

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2012, 10:44:07 PM »

Offline jowwwman

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11
Jeff Green is without a doubt the worst FA signing for the past two seasons. You can tell how well a player will do by watching his body language. To those who say its Docs fault for not playing him more give me a break. You need to earn playing time by playing well. If you can't score, rebound, play defense or do ANYTHING there is no reason you should ever see playing time.

He has no heart and VERY LOW basketball IQ. Everyone who says he's a smart player never watch basketball and simply like him because he looks like a nice guy. We could've gotten Carl Landry and Jarret jack and still had money left over with the contract we gave green. It makes me sick how much he's making.

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2012, 10:49:21 PM »

Offline jowwwman

• The Green Kornet
Green is absolute garbage you can only feel bad for a guy who had surgery for so long before you realize he's making 40 million for doing NOTHING and to those who want to give him time and excuse after excuse how many 5 point games on 30% shooting does green need to have for you to realize he will never be a contributor. I swear people cut this guy so much slack if it was big baby davis we would have started the trade him threads in the first 5 games of the season.

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2012, 10:52:19 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Doc must be scard to chew them out....  I think the Bobcats are playing with more pride.

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2012, 11:03:21 PM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
I don't think it's a matter of effort with Green.  His motor isn't that high but it's not like he dogs it.  He's just not above average in any one aspect of the game and his defensive IQ is just poor.  It doesn't help his image that he's very stoic on the court. 

He's about the same player he was at OKC but getting fewer minutes.  I don't know why he was paid to be a much better player while being a reserve.  It was a recipe for disaster.  If Green was signed to be a reserve, I would've gone for a real role player instead.  Matt Barnes for instance is killing it with the Clippers at a fraction of the cost of Green.

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2012, 11:11:18 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
not that i am happy with the way Green plays, but before i completely give up on him i would like to see how he plays as a starter.

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2012, 11:14:07 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
not that i am happy with the way Green plays, but before i completely give up on him i would like to see how he plays as a starter.

He would score a few more points and get a few more rebounds, but he would still be a passive player without the killer instinct.

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2012, 11:18:13 PM »

Offline jowwwman

• The Green Kornet
I don't think it's a matter of effort with Green.  His motor isn't that high but it's not like he dogs it.  He's just not above average in any one aspect of the game and his defensive IQ is just poor.  It doesn't help his image that he's very stoic on the court. 

He's about the same player he was at OKC but getting fewer minutes.  I don't know why he was paid to be a much better player while being a reserve.  It was a recipe for disaster.  If Green was signed to be a reserve, I would've gone for a real role player instead.  Matt Barnes for instance is killing it with the Clippers at a fraction of the cost of Green.

Barnes kept the Clippers in the game against OKC for the entire 4th quarter and overtime in ways that won't show up in the box score. We will NEVER and i mean NEVER see Jeff green make good hustle plays for our teeam. He may hit a big shot once or twice in his career but even a broken clock is right twice a day.

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2012, 11:27:04 PM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71

Me too.  In an ideal world, the Celtics wouldn't start a poor defender and rebounder at PF so Green wouldn't start but since they're already starting a poor rebounder and defender in Bass, I'd give Green at shot to see if it can turn him around.  Green and Bass are basically the same players in many ways but Green is a better passer (which isn't saying much) and more versatile offensively. 

On paper, I think Green was supposed to be the offensive dynamo for the second unit along with Terry.  On paper, if you didn't really see him play at OKC, maybe it wasn't that farfetched but on paper, Terry was supposed to be another ballhandler and dangerous scoring weapon off the bench and he's almost exclusively playing off the ball and starting so things can change.  Green just hasn't shown the ability to be an offensive catalyst who can take over the game for stretches so maybe he'll be better playing with better teammates. 

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2012, 01:03:40 AM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Neither has a motor, especially green.

How bout i cut your chest open, stick crap in your heart and see how you have a motor after it, sound good????

Yes Jeff Green hasnt played to his contract atm, its 10 games into the season and the kid didnt play last year, give him time. Far out!