Author Topic: The Free Jason Collins club (formerly the Free Darko Milicic club)  (Read 671 times)

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367

As an ex-member of the Free Darko club, I wish Darko Milicic the best in his endeavors.

I'm hereby starting the Free Jason Collins club for those who need the ultimate source of blind hope as the team attempts to get it together.

Doc! Let Jason Collins loose!

Re: The Free Jason Collins club (formerly the Free Darko Milicic club)
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 05:28:42 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I didn't see the game, was Collins needed against Duncan?

I don't think Collins was worth playing against Splitter or any of San An's other bigs. Better to stay small with Bass and Wilcox. I don't see what Collins would've added.

I view Collins as a third string center. I don't think he is talented enough to help this team in a 15mpg role. I think he needs to be a situational sub who is called upon when a quality center is on the floor while KG is resting and/or when Doc wants to go big against a power-based lineup. Short of that, keep Collins on the bench and play small lineups with Wilcox at center while KG rests. 
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 06:07:23 AM by Who »

Re: The Free Jason Collins club (formerly the Free Darko Milicic club)
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 06:24:35 AM »

Offline drax

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 15
The sad part with Darko and Jason is that we could have brought back Stiemsma for the money these two earn and have a defensiv big man who knows the system. I miss the big clumsy shot blocking dude.

With that said, i believe Jason Collins can be a great locker room guy like Dooling was. A veteran presence with a big body who is good for some hard fouls, more than that you can not expect out of him.