Author Topic: Trading Bradley Would Be Beyond Stupid.  (Read 9236 times)

Trading Bradley Would Be Beyond Stupid.
« on: November 21, 2012, 06:03:39 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
People obviously have short memories around here. You're clearly forgetting how great of a team we are with bradley playing next to rondo. We were a completely different team when you look at the numbers.

It was night and day. Granted LEE is an upgrade over ray allen in every category besides shooting, he still isn't elite like bradley. Would you rather keep AB and Bass and sign KM or birdman or trade both ab and bass for gortat?

If it comes down to trading AB for gortat its simply not worth it and we will regret it later on i assure you. Bradley and Rondo are our future AND our NOW. We can win with this team, i know we can. Trade AB and im letting danny have it and all of you who support it.  >:(

Re: Trading Bradley Would Be Beyond Stupid.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 06:13:45 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
I am still wondering When bradley becomes elite
as in elite
and if someone think it wont be negative at least absolutly
negative
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 06:24:00 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
TP.... AMEN bro

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 06:32:34 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
Bradley is only elite for a team that ranks 28th in blocked shots.
Technically, as we don't have a keeper center to face the penetrating players, the only way to make their job tougher on defense is to put pressure on opposition. Bradley does exactly that. We're trying to make up for that undersized frontcourt of ours.

If Bradley was already elite around the league, Danny Ainge would ship him to Charlotte for their lottery pick, get MKG and give this team the freaking athleticism we need.

The kid still has to prove himself. He has shown a good performance for a not so long period, and whether he will take over from where he left or not is a question mark up in the air.

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 06:39:04 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Bradley is elite on defense and defense wins championships. We are better on the floor BY A LARGE MARGIN defensively AND offensively when bradley is on the floor. He still has to prove himself on the offensive end but defensively hes as elite as they come. Again, you people have really short memories. You see us struggling now *6-5 without AB mind you* And you think trading our best defensive player besides KG, and BASS for a rebounder will make us the best team in the league. As i said before most of you panic farrrrrr too early and you just want a new toy to play with so you can think the day is saved for a few days until we drop the next game.

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 06:47:25 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
100% Agree.

I love that EVERYBODY was against the Kendrick Perkins trade but now some people think moving this kid would be a good idea...  ::)

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2012, 06:48:52 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I've never panicked.  I like this team as is, and I think we can contend for a title.  Avery Bradley is one of my heroes.

Having said that, I think I would trade he and Brandon Bass for Marcin Gortat.  Someone in the other thread called him a top 10 center in the league.  I don't think it's a stretch to say that he might be top five.  I might be completely misguided about how good I think the Polish Hammer is, but that's my take.

Maybe we can give them Lee, Sully, and some draft picks, or something?  I would hate to give up Avery Bradley, but if Phoenix was adamant that he was what it took to get Gortat, I'd do it. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2012, 07:02:14 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Lee and Sully yeah. Ab and Bass No. This isn't about me liking avery bradley *all tho i do*. This is about me CLEARLY remembering how dominate we were with him on the floor with rondo. Even without rondo he carried us in some games. AB is a huge piece to this team and it will take someone better than gortat for me to even entertain the thought of giving him up.

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2012, 07:12:46 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I don't think you have to worry.

Good teams are not going to give up a lot for a player who had one short stretch of good play and then got injured. 

Especially when that player is a small SG.

I am not trying to knock Bradley or what he could be.  But at this point, his trade value is not that high that he could be the center piece of a trade for a big man like Gortat. 

And yes, if it was available, I would have no issue giving up AB in a package for a player like Gortat.  Just look at KG's effect on this team when he is on the court or off the court.  The Celtics need that talented player with size more then another SG, no matter how good defensively they are.

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2012, 07:15:10 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
the celtics calling card is their defense, and Bradley is quite possibly the best defender besides KG on the team. we posted SCARY defensive numbers with him in the lineup.

I dont think its any coincidence that our first unit defense with 4/5 of the same starters has been pretty average so far this year without him.

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2012, 07:20:34 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
the celtics calling card is their defense, and Bradley is quite possibly the best defender besides KG on the team. we posted SCARY defensive numbers with him in the lineup.

I dont think its any coincidence that our first unit defense with 4/5 of the same starters has been pretty average so far this year without him.

THIS ^^^

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2012, 07:22:58 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
If Bradley needs to be traded to net us a smith, a gortat etc... I do it without thinking twice.

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2012, 07:23:27 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

THIS ^^^

Our team defense for years was also great without him. Just saying. Our defensive slip so far this year cannot be attributed to Bradley being out.

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2012, 07:25:35 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
It's only stupid, because he probably has very little trade value.  No sense in trading him if he's not worth anything.  As much as we are hyped up about him... 15 games isn't enough to sell the league on him being a future star.  Doubt we could even land a lotto pick for him.

If some team is as enamored with Bradley as some of the Celtic fans on this board are... then it might be beyond stupid NOT to trade him.  If it means landing a legit star big man, do it.  There is no guarantee that a 6'2 180 pound shooting guard who averaged 7 points and .7 steals is going to be a star in this league.  It's harder to land legit bigs in this league than it is to land undersized shooting guards who can't play point.

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2012, 07:27:51 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

THIS ^^^

Our team defense for years was also great without him. Just saying. Our defensive slip so far this year cannot be attributed to Bradley being out.

That was when KG and Pierce were a few years younger and we had guys like tony allen on the team. All of which you can no longer say about this team. Fact still remains when bradley is on that court with rondo our defense is SCARY and our overall team play is scary good.