Author Topic: Samuel Dalembert?  (Read 1907 times)

Samuel Dalembert?
« on: November 21, 2012, 12:52:13 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
I don't think the Bucks are looking to commit to Dalembert past this season. He's a guy who can rebound, defend, runs the floor and is a low post threat. I was actually hoping the C's would go after him in free agency a couple years ago. He's not spectacular but pretty much the Celtics just need a big guy like Dalembert who can log 20-25 minutes a night  to fuel the defense and protect the hoop when KG sits.

Ideally, Gortat and Varejao would be the best but if it means giving up Bradley, Green, Sullinger then it may not be worth it. If the Celts can pull of a trade like Courtney Lee for Sammy Dalambert then i would be stoked.

Make that trade and sign Pietrus to replace Lee? I really don't see what made Lee for 6 million a more reasonable signing than Pietrus for the Veterans minimum. The only thing Lee brings that Pietrus doesn't is scoring off the dribble.

Rondo/ Terry
Bradley/ Barbosa/ Pietrus
Pierce/ Green
Bass/ Sullinger/ Wilcox
KG/ Dalembert/ Kenyon Martin

I'd like that teams chances against any team in the league.

Re: Samuel Dalembert?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 12:57:01 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I don't think the Bucks are looking to commit to Dalembert past this season. He's a guy who can rebound, defend, runs the floor and is a low post threat. I was actually hoping the C's would go after him in free agency a couple years ago. He's not spectacular but pretty much the Celtics just need a big guy like Dalembert who can log 20-25 minutes a night  to fuel the defense and protect the hoop when KG sits.

Ideally, Gortat and Varejao would be the best but if it means giving up Bradley, Green, Sullinger then it may not be worth it. If the Celts can pull of a trade like Courtney Lee for Sammy Dalambert then i would be stoked.

Make that trade and sign Pietrus to replace Lee? I really don't see what made Lee for 6 million a more reasonable signing than Pietrus for the Veterans minimum. The only thing Lee brings that Pietrus doesn't is scoring off the dribble.

Rondo/ Terry
Bradley/ Barbosa/ Pietrus
Pierce/ Green
Bass/ Sullinger/ Wilcox
KG/ Dalembert/ Kenyon Martin

I'd like that teams chances against any team in the league.

I'd do that trade too, but i'm not sure the bucks are going to trade size and shot blocking for another gaurd in the rotation. They'd likely want a project young big man like Sully or Melo.

If Danny could get thier GM drunk and convince them say, Melo + another bench guy is a good deal, I'd do it.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 01:13:59 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I don't think Courtney Lee has any value to Milwaukee. They start a small backcourt in Jennings and Ellis and prefer to use another PG whenever Jennings isn't on the floor. They have a couple of small forwards too. Mbah a Moute, Dunleavy and Tobias Harris. So there is very little playing time there for Courtney Lee.

Given the price tag ($5 mil), the multi-year nature of his contract and the minimal playing time available ... I can't see Courtney Lee being of interest to Milwaukee. More likely to be viewed as a negative asset than a positive one due to financial considerations.

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 04:51:06 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
I think the Bucks are too intent on the playoffs to trade Dalembert for anything but an upgrade at one of their starting spots.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 11:32:41 AM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
with illyasova and sanders (who is exploding), gooden and dalembert, the bucks have good big man depth.
i could see them making a swap if it improves their playoff chances.
they'd probably prefer to unload either gooden or dal, if they get playoff goggles they could trade youth for a playoff run and worry about the consequences in the morning. (we all remember the joe johnson for delk and rogers trade :-X)

the bucks may be one of few teams that would bite on jeff green...

i'd try to work a three team trade with the bucks and cav's:
to bos: varejao
to cavs: illyasova, and a pick/ prospect
to bucks: green and pick / prospect

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 12:48:02 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Yeah, I don't see Milwaukee trading Dalembert for Lee. Milwaukee actually has a pretty decent team right now (I think).

Not sure they'd want to do anything crazy right now. Maybe at the trade deadline.

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 09:11:29 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Dalembert just received a DNPCD. If that continues a potential buyout could eventually follow.