Author Topic: Bring Melo back from Maine?  (Read 2016 times)

Bring Melo back from Maine?
« on: November 21, 2012, 11:59:27 AM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
Two questions regarding melo:

1. Given our lack of big man depth, should we just bring Melo back and throw him into the deep end of the pool for for 5-10 minutes a game to see if he can swim? Can he be any worse than Ryan Hollins?

2. The guy I really wanted with the 22nd pick was Festus Ezeli. Thought he was a more athletic Perkins type and would fit well next to KG and that Sully/Ezeli woudl have been a nice haul for us in the paint. He's playing decently in Golden State.

Does anyone think Melo has bigger long term upside or do you think the kid will likely bust? I have no idea because I haven't seen him play enough yet - curious as to people's thoughts at this point.

Re: Bring Melo back from Maine?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 12:15:45 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Ezeli is a more polished player with more BB time under his belt.  I actually wanted DA to take Fab & Ezel.

Fab to me is a more awesome physical specimen than Ezeli.  Fab could muscle up if he was a gym rat like Dwight Howard.

Fab has the tools , he is just going to need time to become a basketball player. He needs to live and breath BB.

Fab seems to "WANT" to have an offensive game.  This is good sign to me.  He is fast enough and quick on his feet.

Fab might have some useful Defensive minutes to offer by the end of the season.

I'm sure he feels some pressure knowing his team is really hurt'n for a center presence.

Short term FAB is a bust, but I don't belive DA bought him in thinking he was gonna give the team anything the 1 st year.  Maybe next year , if he works like a dog all summer , he'll start to show his stuff.

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 02:12:18 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I think it would hurt him to be put on nba floor for 10 minutes at this point in his career.  He is way to raw to play now.  He was lost in preseason.  I expect nothing from him for a year 1/2 - 2 years but think the potential is there

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 04:00:12 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
We don't even play Collins (or Darko), why would you think Doc would choose to play a rookie? Collins is a good center believe it or not (backup), but Doc barely let's him get 1 minute every 5th game! Come on now guys.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 04:07:01 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
He's not ready for minutes on a good team.  He has a lot of potential but as of now he makes 4 mistakes for every good play.

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 05:13:19 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
nm i am an idiot.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2012, 05:16:02 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
It always helps to bring in a raw guy who can't crack the rotation, why didn't I think of that?

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2012, 05:17:40 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
It always helps to bring in a raw guy who can't crack the rotation, why didn't I think of that?

perks says hi.  ;)

actually, melo has more physical ability and speed than perk, so melo may play a role sooner than perk did.....say maybe his second year....maybe.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2012, 05:29:42 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Perk was built like a truck, Melo is not.  Perk had a knack for position defense, and Melo does not.  We had a bad team that afforded Perk minutes.   Now we have a vet team who don't want  to have a kid holding them back.  Nice try but he is not in a similiar situation as Perk.

Perk says, bye...

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2012, 06:28:59 PM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
I would want Melo to spend more time in the gym to build up on his upper body (ala Dwight) and play 5-7 minutes for the Celts on a specific role that he has to fulfill i.e. attempting to earn at least a block and rebound at least 2 per game, and slow down bigs and intimidate penetrators. Bynum was smartly used and paced that way.

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2012, 07:10:16 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Sign Robert Swift instead.

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2012, 08:38:08 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Melo isnt ready for NBA minutes, he is barily ready for D-League minutes,

Festus Ezeli was my pick at 22. He is already showing he belongs in the NBA.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2012, 08:48:59 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
It is not a lack of big men.

It is a lack of NBA quality at C.  They have KG.

They can get by with Wilcox. 

Collins is an end of the bench C, 6 hard fouls on true C.

Melo isn't ready to get minutes.  He would just be a paper weight on the bench.  Better to let him get play time elsewhere.

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2012, 09:02:19 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Fab needs to work his tail off in Maine .   Fab needs control, he tries to do too much too soon.  WHich is a lack of experience and court time.

IMO ... Chris Joseph is already a better offensive player and shot than COurtney Lee. He needs to nail his defense.

Joseph , like AB one day is really goning to help this team if he avoids the trade. KJ got game.

I would take Joseph over Lee ANYDAY and by the end of the year , it an't even gonna be close. (twice on Sunday)

Love to see Bradley at point and KJ at shooting guard. Talk about fast break basketball :)

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2012, 09:14:06 AM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
Melo isnt ready for NBA minutes, he is barily ready for D-League minutes,

Festus Ezeli was my pick at 22. He is already showing he belongs in the NBA.

Melos 14 points on 10 shots in just over 17 minutes yesterday begs to differ (that he is barely D-League ready). He had at least one unbelievable outlet pass from a rebound, that you just don't see many bigs in the NBA make.