Author Topic: Bos/Min/Phx - trade idea for gortat  (Read 1899 times)

Bos/Min/Phx - trade idea for gortat
« on: November 26, 2012, 12:16:32 PM »

Offline heitingas

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Boston send Lee to minnesota, who had very big interrest to sign Lee this summer.

Brandon Roy is considering retiring so they need to fill a void there. If he retires ( for the 2nd time ) hes off their books. Lee makes the same as Roy, only he has 3 years left after this year but hes still young, for their worthwhile send them a 1st pick.

Minnesota send Derrick willliams to phoenix.

Phoenix send Minnesota either the lakers conditional pick next year, or the lakers unprotected first in 2015. (Note) Phx already has Minnesotas pick protected until 2016. 3 first rounder in 2013 combined.

And Gortat to Boston.

Boston send Lee plus 1st pick (2013) to Minnesota.

Minnesota get 2 firsts for D.Williams. And Lee.

Phoenix gets D.Williams. Melo

Boston gets Gortat.

Re: Bos/Min/Phx - trade idea for gortat
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 12:23:34 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Not anywhere near enough value for Minny to part with Derrick Williams.

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 12:28:54 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I'm rather curious to know what Williams' trade value is right now.  He's played 10 minutes in the last three games, and is buried on the depth chart.  If Minnesota isn't going to play him, they should trade him.  The question is, is he valued as a recent #2 overall pick with a lot of potential, or as a potential bust who can't get off the bench?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 01:31:52 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532

I'm rather curious to know what Williams' trade value is right now.  He's played 10 minutes in the last three games, and is buried on the depth chart.  If Minnesota isn't going to play him, they should trade him.  The question is, is he valued as a recent #2 overall pick with a lot of potential, or as a potential bust who can't get off the bench?
Well clearly the o.p. thinks Williams is worth a lot since he has Phoenix trading Gortat and a 1st for Williams and Melo.  I don't think Phoenix touches that trade with a 10' pole.  It needs more for Gortat.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 01:39:06 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I'm rather curious to know what Williams' trade value is right now. 

Reportedly, Portland turned down Williams and two first rounders for a Batum sign-and-trade.

I predict that, if it's not there already, we'll hear rumors of trade proposals along the lines of Williams along with Ridnour and/or Barea, and other stuff to the Lakers for Gasol.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 02:17:25 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I'm rather curious to know what Williams' trade value is right now. 

Reportedly, Portland turned down Williams and two first rounders for a Batum sign-and-trade.

I predict that, if it's not there already, we'll hear rumors of trade proposals along the lines of Williams along with Ridnour and/or Barea, and other stuff to the Lakers for Gasol.

No, it was Minnesota who refused to put Derrick Williams on the table for Nic Batum. Portland asked for him and were rebuffed.

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 03:10:43 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Not sure about his journalistic credibility, but Chris Haynes tweeted:

CSNNW confirms Minnesota did offer Derrick Williams along with two first-round picks to the #Blazers for Nicolas Batum. Portland say no.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 03:16:50 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Not sure about his journalistic credibility, but Chris Haynes tweeted:

CSNNW confirms Minnesota did offer Derrick Williams along with two first-round picks to the #Blazers for Nicolas Batum. Portland say no.

And based on his season so far, the Blazers made the right choice.

In other news, I was completely wrong about Batum.  It looks like he can be a star.