Author Topic: SVT ablation... For those who have irregular heartbeats!  (Read 4545 times)

SVT ablation... For those who have irregular heartbeats!
« on: November 12, 2012, 06:57:53 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Hey guys had a little bit of a scary moment last thursday playing ball. My heart rate went pretty high and was told i have SVT. While this is my first attack of this problem, I have felt so uneasy since this has happened. I mean i've gone through so many basketball games/practices/Shooting around, To running the track/and bleachers to get in shape. And I am in FL! But went to a doctor today and told me to get whats called a SVT ablation. I was wondering if anyone else has had this done, and how they felt about the procedure. I am very scared because I have never had to go to the ER or go into a surgery/Procedure. I am very un-easy about it all. The Doc said it is about 95% success rate, and about 1% of any complications. So just looking for some advice if anyone has ever had this problem or had this done. Thanks everyone!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 10:39:29 PM by WeMadeIt17 »

Re: Wondering if anyone else has had this done?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 07:00:50 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Never had it done, but I hope it works out man.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 07:36:10 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Never had the problem either but best of luck to you friend.

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 08:06:37 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I guess my problem is a bit similar to yours - in that I didn't have the condition you have, but I had to go under the knife for the 1st time in my life in Apr 2011 to repair my torn achilles.

I tore it playing hoops, of course. Played overseas with my shipmates...played onboard the ship...played just about everywhere, and the worst I'd had happen was a moderate sprain while in Naples Italy.

I had never had surgery before in my 42 yrs on earth, lol...the doc made it sound routine, but of course he had to throw in the possible infection rate. He stated that this is normal protocol, but still...

Well, I am fine, now. I'm running and doing just about everything I did before.

I wish the best for you, bud.

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 08:30:17 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
Thanks everyone. Yeah i don't have to be cut up its done through veins in the groin with cathoders. Just the fact of having something done with my heart is scary but thanks for the words of encouragement.

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 08:34:33 PM »

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
I'm not a heart doctor, so i can't advise you in any professional sort of way, but if it were me I'd have it done. My limited understanding is that SVT is not immediately life threatening, but can lead to serious problems if not treated. I wish you luck and good health. It is always scary to go under the knife, and never more so than just before the procedure. However, you will be glad after it is done and the problem has been corrected. Just male sure you go to someone with lots of experience and credibility.
“Being a Celtic is, every decision you make is about the team. Every cut you make is about the team. Every pass you make is about the team. You take yourself out of it. It’s not for everyone. If you don’t want to win, don’t want to play team basketball, and it’s more about you then you’re probably not a Celtic." Doc 2010

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 09:53:38 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
Hey everyone just wanna give you all an update. My surgery went well.. Pretty sore but had it done today. Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers!

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 10:01:49 PM »

Kiorrik

Hey everyone just wanna give you all an update. My surgery went well.. Pretty sore but had it done today. Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers!
Glad it worked out well m8. TP's are on me.

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 10:28:16 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
Glad it worked out well m8. TP's are on me.

Thanks means a lot!

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 10:28:54 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
Interesting enough Jim Harbuagh had the same thing done the other day. Pretty crazy

Re: SVT ablation... For those who have irregular heartbeats!
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2012, 10:09:41 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Surgery is scary...a real leap of faith.  Glad to hear everything is ok.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!