Author Topic: Everyone needs to relax  (Read 906 times)

Everyone needs to relax
« on: November 22, 2012, 03:01:10 AM »

Offline ItStaysYang

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
The season has barely started and everyone here seems to be expecting a team with 66% new players to be leading the east (or even the league). It took all the way until ASB last year for the team to turn it around and there were more familiar faces then than there are now.

Do you realize how many more games there are until the season ends, or even until All Star weekend? More games than the ENTIRE season consisted of last year. These guys simply need more time.

Not to say it's going to come without work, but after enough minutes of playing (with hopefully better, more consistent rotations), things WILL look much better. Nobody has definitive roles right now, and Doc is simply trying to figure out where the pieces fit. He's not mentally retarded - he's a good coach and has his "eyes on the horizon" as Mike and Tommy iterated several times tonight.

Keep in mind, a lot of these guys are adjusting to playing for a top-tier defensive team and will simply need many repetitions to get it right.

Once these guys find their identity, collectively - the Celtics are going to play some great basketball. Starting the season off poorly and ending with momentum (and ideally playoff seeding) is what it's all about. And being healthy - of course - knock on wood

Jeff Green is garbage, but when AB returns (after having watched nearly two months of film) - Doc will finally be able to figure out where everyone plays best. Green can ride the pine if he wants to keep failing up a storm

Summary: Please stop whining about the team like we're the Wizards or some other garbage squad. It's sad how much most Celtic fans have come to expect instant gratification since the 07-08 team was assembled

Re: Everyone needs to relax
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 03:21:38 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
TP.

Truly ... a deep breath, relax, enjoy the holidays, and let this team find it's way within a realistic time period.

It would've been nice to see Jeff Green improve, but I personally didn't expect it ... he's always been an under-achiever and nothing has changed, unfortunately.

Didn't want him to come here, but that problem has it's fixes as well. Please, folks, this team will be fine come spring ... give the boys some slack.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 03:24:49 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
TP.

Truly ... a deep breath, relax, enjoy the holidays, and let this team find it's way within a realistic time period.

It would've been nice to see Jeff Green improve, but I personally didn't expect it ... he's always been an under-achiever and nothing has changed, unfortunately.

Didn't want him to come here, but that problem has it's fixes as well. Please, folks, this team will be fine come spring ... give the boys some slack.

Here here.
It's funny seeing so many people losing their minds like they always do with this Celtics team at the start of the season. The defense is so complex you just can't expect big streaks of wins because our offense just isn't potent enough yet and the 8 new team members are learning both ends of the floor. We have one of the most elaborate offensive books in the NBA to create open jumpshots and these young guys are going to take a while to catch on.
Please stop mashing the panic button everyone.
For god's sake we've played 10 of 82 games!
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 04:48:54 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
It's funny seeing so many people losing their minds like they always do with this Celtics team at the start of the season.

No, it's NOT funny. Not funny. It was actually hilarious at the beginning. But not so anymore. Nope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzLT6_TQmq8

We should have one (uno, eins, en!) thread for venting, because it really bugs me (and, I suspect, just a few others) to see five threads on the same topic. It lends for a bad environment for discussing it when you have to move back and forth between the threads. And I think the mods have better things to do than to be constantly merging threads. Oh, well, just my humble opinion...

Go Celtics - Shock the World!

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 11:22:33 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Um, disagree.  Forget the offense, this team is giving up 100ppg and are LAST in the league in rebounding. Watching the games you see lackadaisical defense, at best, even from Rondo.  They look like they are intimidated every night, and that's a terrible thing for a team.

I can't seriously believe that getting Avery Bradley back and benching Green is going to make a huge turnaround.

Wonderboy Sullinger is showing his rookie status on both end of the court and he is a bad combo with Bass in the front court.  The team needs some legit SIZE up front.  Darko would have been a good solution but he's gone now.

No, I'm not very optimistic at this point.  Every other team in the league is in the same boat of integrating new players and polishing this offensive sets and defensive approach. More time may make the C's better but other teams will improve too.

I say blow it up on Dec 15.

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 11:33:01 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Darko was never a solution though, he averaged under 6 RPG for career and less than 10 PPG.   Some guys thought he would contribute but he never has anywhere.   I hope his mother's health improves and that goes well for him.  I thought he could be an enforcer for us but it never happened.

Green's problems are between his ears and those are the hardest to fix.   I don't think he is aggressive enough and he is too nice of a guy on the court.   That is hard to fake if a guy is not aggressive.

I always like it better once the sky is falling leave anyways.