Author Topic: What could we get for JT,KG & PP?  (Read 2106 times)

Re: What could we get for JT,KG & PP?
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2012, 05:27:41 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
This is getting ridiculous smh
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Re: What could we get for JT,KG & PP?
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2012, 06:05:39 PM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
First let me repeat saying I wasn't suggesting to trade these guys right now-just opening a theoretical discussion of what we might be able to get for them should the time come that we could all agree Banner 18 isn't in the cards this year.
My personal hope(like I assume everyone elses here)is that we get it--but my reality check sees that at about a 30-1 shot! Just too much mountain to climb to beat the Heat, playing their game, and then beat any of Lakers,OKC, or Clips big athletic front lines with our "small ball". And yes, it is small ball when you start a PF at C, have undersized PF's and 6 1&2 guards and never put a center on the floor! Even the thought of that against Howard and Gasol, Jordan and Griffin, or Ibaka,KD, and Perk makes me shudder. We might not even get A rebound!
No doubt KG and PP are still very good, but they're no longer the GREAT players they once were. Not only that, but they can't play the minutes they used to either. So it's a double hit--reduced level of ability, playing just over half a game most nites(not even that for KG,our most important player!). Kg is not the rebounder or shot blocker he used to be, and Paul is becoming more and more the spot up 3 pt shooter.
To Q_FBE-----oh, we're going there! Just a matter of how soon! So it's just a matter of when we cut bait and run, and start to rebuild. Do we get something for these guys, heros as they've been to all of us, or just let them go grey and vanish into the sunset with nothing to show for it. Then you're still left with a mediocre team at best and no picks or young talent!
And again, like I said I'm hesitantly encourage about rumors of acquiring a good big man. Gortat would definitely be great. He is one BIG dude. Agile. Second in the league in shot blocking and excellent rebounder. Him and KG together--oh yeah! Now you're talking some rim protection. Some rebounding to start those breaks, so we can utilize our speed and athleticism.
And then Doc pretty much squashes all that saying "oh, we're fine and not in a hurry to get someone"! Perfect. Let's wait til we're really in a hole to do something!
  So if we're going for 18, let's not screw around. Get a deal done! But this team as presently constructed has pretty much a zero chance. All you can do is watch the product and make an educated guess at the outcome.  Don't like what I'm seeing so far!