Author Topic: If your going to propose to trade Jeff Green...  (Read 4229 times)

Re: If your going to propose to trade Jeff Green...
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2012, 10:55:38 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
Miami is extremely vulnerable to bigs who can bang the offensive boards. Smith would be the ideal guy to bring in.  However, indications out of the ATL are pointing to him re-upping this summer for the max.

If Big Al comes on the market, and Utah is stupid enough to want Green, the Cs would have to make a move. Green, Bass and a first and a second should do it.  Bass can replace Milsap next season if Milsap signs elsewhere, as he tried to do as a RFA. 

Big All gives the Cs two things they desperately need - rebounding and low post scoring.  I'd even do two firsts if need be.  Al is one of the top three low post scorers in the league, and is leading the league in total rebounds and fourth in rebounds per game.

If the Jazz aren't willing to take Green, Bass and Lee almost work money wise.  A third team tweaking should make it work,  Bass, Lee and two firsts for Big Al.   

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2012, 11:02:01 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Miami is extremely vulnerable to bigs who can bang the offensive boards. Smith would be the ideal guy to bring in.  However, indications out of the ATL are pointing to him re-upping this summer for the max.

If Big Al comes on the market, and Utah is stupid enough to want Green, the Cs would have to make a move. Green, Bass and a first and a second should do it.  Bass can replace Milsap next season if Milsap signs elsewhere, as he tried to do as a RFA. 

Big All gives the Cs two things they desperately need - rebounding and low post scoring.  I'd even do two firsts if need be.  Al is one of the top three low post scorers in the league, and is leading the league in total rebounds and fourth in rebounds per game.

If the Jazz aren't willing to take Green, Bass and Lee almost work money wise.  A third team tweaking should make it work,  Bass, Lee and two firsts for Big Al.   

Against Miami, I think Bosh would kill Big Al with his quickness and drop 30pts.  On the other end, I can see Miami shutting down the angle for the entry pass more successfully than most.  Their defense is pretty good, and I don't think Big Al could move/pass the ball well or quickly enough when they swarm him.

Miami is really, really good.  It's going to take an allstar big man that can make a difference on both ends, and Big Al just shouldn't be in that discussion (as much as I like him).

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2012, 03:21:52 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I think Lee can play back up SF and ditto for Barbosa.

Sorry but you're wrong on both accounts. Lee can "fill in" at SF in small ball lineups maybe but neither of those two guys should be considered serviceable at the SF position.

I'd trade Bass+Lee and a 1st for Jefferson for sure. I wouldn't trade Green for him or even him and Hayward. I think Al is good but I'd rather have Millsap.

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2012, 03:58:19 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
This is just me but Big Al will not give us an upgrade defensively. Sure, he adds rebounds, but with our offensive schemes, I doubt Al will be effective with us.

I believe we need bigs that are scrappy, has DESIRE to rebound and plays tough defense of course and are going to contribute even without scoring a ton or having the ball in their hands. Someone like a Sideshow Andy... Problem is there's not a lot of those. But fear not, coz I know one more guy...

Yep, the bandwagon makes a stop here.

BOSTON, TRADE FOR JASON SMITH!
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2012, 05:41:14 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
Our defense sucks. But is it because all we can do is play players <6'9?

Sure looked better when Wilcox was in.

One more 6'10+ guy who can actually play.

I'm still thinking Darko's wrist is in trouble. And I'm still on the Darko bandwagon of redemption.

However, inside scoring would bolster our offense, seriously. Rondo's passing with Al Jefferson's inside touch? It's over.

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2012, 07:56:39 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Our two old superstars aren't really "super" any more , just very good players....and the rest of the team that actually plays is short to play most of the better teams ( which all have good centers or multiple rebounding near  7ft ers.

The Celtics , LIVE or DIE by the jump shot.  And we died a horrible death at the hands of the LOWLY Pistons .

Please !!!Give up small ball ...Wade and LBJ play a wierd wild, hectic street ball game., the Celtics don't have those type of players. 

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2012, 08:58:18 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I posted in the wrong thread, ignore.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2012, 11:13:20 AM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
So if you got Al Jefferson - would you start him and KG? Or platoon them at C, with some overlap? If you start them both you get a lot of minutes with KG and Jefferson on the floor at the same time. Which means you still end up with a small lineup when they are both out. I'm not sure KG at PF is ideal anymore.

I think KGs 5-5-5 minute rotation, makes either a possibility from a pure rotation math stand point.

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2012, 11:56:02 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
trade him for Big Al ASAP.

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2012, 11:58:29 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
So if you got Al Jefferson - would you start him and KG? Or platoon them at C, with some overlap? If you start them both you get a lot of minutes with KG and Jefferson on the floor at the same time. Which means you still end up with a small lineup when they are both out. I'm not sure KG at PF is ideal anymore.

I think KGs 5-5-5 minute rotation, makes either a possibility from a pure rotation math stand point.

I would start them both.

When KG comes back in, Big Al goes to the bench. 

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2012, 10:07:37 AM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
Big Al is leading the league in total rebounds and defensive rebounds,and is fourth in rebounds per game.  he's one of the best five low post players in the league.  Playing him next to KG would certainly help him at the defensive end.

If there's any way the Cs could dump Green on Utah and get Jefferson, they'd be stupid to not do it. 

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2012, 05:17:23 PM »

Offline jowwwman

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11
Trade Green for anything. Addition by subtraction.

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2012, 05:22:59 PM »

Offline jowwwman

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11
with the exception of this board I don't think any fans are going to be thrilled with trading one of their rotation players for jeff green.