Author Topic: Spurs (8-3) at Celtics (6-5) 11/21  (Read 34938 times)

Re: Spurs (8-3) at Celtics (6-5) 11/21
« Reply #210 on: November 21, 2012, 09:47:46 PM »

Offline kg is king

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • KG IS THE KING
I am willing to give this team some more time before they gel on D especially.  But to me, there just doesn't seem to be the effort and intensity from everyone on D.  The results will be whatever they are, but the effort and intensity needs to improve.
The 08 team had a lot of new bodies, they also had to learn the Celtics defense. Did they start off 6-6 and look this bad?

I hate to say this but we're just not a very talented team.
"I'm from the bottom, I understand what it's like to have and to not have. My perception on giving is to put yourself in those people's shoes and go from there. So that's what I did. " - The One and Only KG

« Reply #211 on: November 21, 2012, 09:47:50 PM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Danny just needs to get Varejao.  Guy had 19 boards tonight.

« Reply #212 on: November 21, 2012, 09:47:58 PM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
This Celtics' team is NOT good period.

When we get our shots to fall we're good enough to lose by double digits to the Spurs at home. When our shot is not falling we are blown out by the frickin Pistons. This is plain depressing... :-[
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...

« Reply #213 on: November 21, 2012, 09:48:00 PM »

Offline YouCantHandleTheTruth!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
Jason Terry is the most disappointing player so far from the beginning of the season

How so? Dude doesn't even get enough looks. He rarely has an opportunity to create of the dribble. He's a decoy the majority of time like Ray was.

Don't know why, but every time he's on the court he looks lost out there
The Celtic in me.

« Reply #214 on: November 21, 2012, 09:48:19 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
Thunder will score 120 on Boston. The celtics flat out suck right now

they will run us out the building. doc needs to wake up and coach like he is supposed to. if these guys cannot get it done then make changes.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #215 on: November 21, 2012, 09:49:49 PM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
Jason Terry is the most disappointing player so far from the beginning of the season

How so? Dude doesn't even get enough looks. He rarely has an opportunity to create of the dribble. He's a decoy the majority of time like Ray was.

Absolutely.  He got on the floor and barely touched the ball for 6 minutes until the 2 minutes were left.  He's a scorer and uh, he can't do what he was brought to do without, you know, getting any shots.

« Reply #216 on: November 21, 2012, 09:50:27 PM »

Offline TenaciousD

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 50
Bass-Sully = out of pace with current NBA FW m/o: undersized and (slightly) slow of foot.

« Reply #217 on: November 21, 2012, 09:51:28 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
This Celtics' team is NOT good period.

When we get our shots to fall we're good enough to lose by single digits to the Spurs at home. When our shot is not falling we are blown out by the frickin Pistons. This is plain depressing... :-[

IOW, we do not dribble drive, fast break or post up enough for high% shots right? and doc expects to win with jumpers only??? laughable.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #218 on: November 21, 2012, 09:52:00 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Team is failing in all aspects of the game. Really sad to watch this team get dominated each game. Nothing is working.

« Reply #219 on: November 21, 2012, 09:52:06 PM »

Offline TenaciousD

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 50
Danny/Doc has a man-crush on undersized fire-plug types: Baby, Powe, Bass, Sully.

« Reply #220 on: November 21, 2012, 09:52:44 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!

Don't know why, but every time he's on the court he looks lost out there

Probably has to do with him just standing in the corner the majority of time. Hard to get in a rhythm doing that.

« Reply #221 on: November 21, 2012, 09:52:54 PM »

Offline JoT

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
As horrible as the rebounding and defense has been, I find it very anazing how they have had many chances to take this game and not get blown completely out.
Brandon and Rondo seem like they want it.
I seriously don't understand why KG has below 5 rebounds while Tim is at 15
Also I hope with the open spot they look for a big man who can rebound and defend the paint.
Sully  rookie having the most rebounds on the team is just sad
Avery needs to come back soon
The rest is whatever and I don't even want to go there.

I'm trying to be optimistic and I'm trying to stay positive, but its been 12 games in and this team still looks like they have problems.
I had a feeling they wouldn't connect immediately and would have issues for a while because everything seemed forced like they were forcing to connect with all the stuff they were doing before the season started and they were forcing to become a close team. It just doesn't feel natural and I felt it before the preseason even started.

« Reply #222 on: November 21, 2012, 09:53:54 PM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
I am willing to give this team some more time before they gel on D especially.  But to me, there just doesn't seem to be the effort and intensity from everyone on D.  The results will be whatever they are, but the effort and intensity needs to improve.
The 08 team had a lot of new bodies, they also had to learn the Celtics defense. Did they start off 6-6 and look this bad?

That team had actual, real life good defenders. Garnett was still at his peak and playing more than cartoonish 4.5 minute stretches.  Posey was a great team defender, Perkins was a plus defender, so was Pierce, Rondo actually tried on D then, Powe took charges and rebounded.  This team, well, if your big man rotation is both small and dumb and your coach treats his best big man like he's a invalid, it's not going to work defensively. 

« Reply #223 on: November 21, 2012, 09:54:13 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
Well comparing this team to the 2008 team is silly.  The 2008 team was better, hands down.  KG, PP, RA were all still at the end of their prime.

I don't expect them to be 2008 good, I want us just to at least be decent on D right now.  Everyone needs to be hustling and thinking and communicating on D.  But we look lost and the effort doesn't seem to be there  completely yet.

« Reply #224 on: November 21, 2012, 09:57:36 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2003
Meanwhile, the Celtics make a nice little run. Why don't you guys relax a little bit? It's early in the season, they are playing a very good team tonight and even with the horrid presence in the paint (on both ends), the Celtics are in this game late. Yeah, they will lose, but this team is nowhere near as bad as you are making it out to be.

Doc can only work with what he has. I agree Ainge needs to get some length in this lineup, but until then this is the team and we need everyone. When Green has a night like this, guys like Wilcox have to step up.

Personally, as much as reality says this Celtics team is just not elite, I still like this team a lot. Maybe they will never get everything together enough to put a nice string of wins together, but the Celtics have a chance to be quite good, and after years of that being a dream, I will take it.

The frustration comes out of the fact that we're seriously underperforming.  I don't care how good the opposing team is, you don't allow 57% shooting, give up a billion points in the paint, and get outrebounded by 15+.

Doc has A LOT to work with and it seems pretty obvious to many of us that he is mismanaging his personnel.  I saw Bass + Sully as our frontline earlier tonight, even after that has been proven to be nightmarish defensively.  I saw Bass + Green vs Duncan and Splitter. 

On paper, we have an incredibly dangerous team on both ends of the floor.  Why is it that the Spurs seem to get the most out of their players but we can't?  It's early in the season, but we're just not getting it done.

Doc is in a bad spot - he has to try to find combinations on the floor that work and he can't write off a combination after 1-2 bad games. A lot of the combinations have not worked - but that's what Doc has to do. He cannot ride KG and Pierce like he once could - so he has to try to find the mix that can carry the bulk of games. Maybe we simply don't have the guys to do that - or maybe Doc needs to keep working on them.

Doc is not in a bad spot, don't give me that.  I've watched every second of every game this year and he just hasn't done a good job.  You can literally see it in our play.

Look, I like Doc as a coach and think that he's done a great job over the years.  We'd have at least 2 titles since 2008 if it wasn't for injuries.  But this year just hasn't been good.

I'm not going to overreact and write this team off.  I still believe we can be a very good team by the end of the year.  But something needs to change, and that obviously begins with coaching decisions.