Author Topic: Spurs (8-3) at Celtics (6-5) 11/21  (Read 34625 times)

Re: Spurs (8-3) at Celtics (6-5) 11/21
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2012, 08:15:34 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Wilcox , KG and ROndo will have to play nearly the whole game if Doc wants to win .   The C's will be cannon foder for the Spurs if KG and Rondo sit.

This could be brutal. :-X

Don't agree with this at all.

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2012, 08:29:07 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Yup ;) , if the Celtics want to win this game , they'll have EARN IT,  the SPurs don't roll over for any team POP is coaching.

C's come out , look lost, goof off  and play LAZY BALL small ball , the Spurs will mope up the floor with them and run them out of the TD GArden.

POP's team will be ready....Question is Will Doc's?  ::) ???
Rebounding scares me Tim and Tiago and hell even Blair will probably eat up the glass unless we actually box out

YUP...they have TWO very good-excellent centers of 7ft. We have a 36 year KG that doesn't want to play offense in the paint and Collins.  Doesn't sound like very good odds to start with .

We can win no doubt ( NEVER STOP BELIEVING) I'm also a realist ,  IMO the Spurs need to have a horrible shooting night is what the Celtics need to pray for.  Unlike OKC /HEAT the Celtics don't have core of gifted youth to carry them against a team with lots of good bigs, nor do we have a pair of nice centers  to throw out there like the Spurs... kinda up the creek. 

We need to hit a TON of jumpers (Pierce,Lee & JET go crazy) on them ,  or its gonna be a LONG night.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 08:38:58 AM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2012, 08:34:21 AM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
Wilcox , KG and ROndo will have to play nearly the whole game if Doc wants to win .   The C's will be cannon foder for the Spurs if KG and Rondo sit.

sometimes we have to face the truth. this could be ugly based on how we play so far.

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2012, 08:39:29 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Not so much about this game but in general = I think San Antonio would be better off putting Manu Ginobili back in the starting rather than bringing him off the bench.

(1) It isn't like a couple of years ago when San Antonio had dodgy depth with little to no creators off the bench and desperately needed Ginobili to keep them afloat.

(2) Ginobili hasn't been playing enough minutes. Only 23mpg this year and last year (although some of that was due to returning from injury). Only 27mpg in the playoffs. They need Ginobili up around 30 minutes and 32-35mpg in the playoffs.

I think they need to move Danny Green back onto the bench and let Ginobili start. They still have their main stopper and wing rebounder in Kawhi Leonard so they still have good balance defensively and rebounding wise.

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2012, 08:57:12 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

sometimes we have to face the truth. this could be ugly based on how we play so far.

We're at home. We haven't played since Sunday and are coming off a humiliating loss to Detroit. This the Spurs 1st of a 6 game road trip, and it starts the day before Thanksgiving. Plus, they are without Leonard and Jackson.

Vegas has the Spurs as a 1 1/2 pt favorite. Not to sound pompous, but if you guys think the Spurs are that much better than us then I would advise you to act quickly in placing your wagers.

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2012, 09:06:05 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
YUP...they have TWO very good-excellent centers of 7ft. We have a 36 year KG that doesn't want to play offense in the paint and Collins.  Doesn't sound like very good odds to start with .

Splitter is very good to excellent? Since when? I would categorize him in the average to slightly above average range. The guy averages 6.7 PPG, 3.5 RPG, and 0.7 BPG. Sullinger is averaging 5.0 PPG, 4.2 RPG, and 0.5 BPG.

We can win no doubt ( NEVER STOP BELIEVING) I'm also a realist ,  IMO the Spurs need to have a horrible shooting night is what the Celtics need to pray for.  Unlike OKC /HEAT the Celtics don't have core of gifted youth to carry them against a team with lots of good bigs, nor do we have a pair of nice centers  to throw out there like the Spurs... kinda up the creek. 

We need to hit a TON of jumpers (Pierce,Lee & JET go crazy) on them ,  or its gonna be a LONG night.

It's almost as though you're making us sound like the Bobcats. In order to beat the Spurs they don't have to shoot "horribly" while we go lights out from the perimeter. The teams are much more even than you're making it seem.

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2012, 09:11:24 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
so if we win dis game will all da crazy talk after da pistons lost be gone or nah?

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2012, 09:29:15 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Paul Pierce and Jeff Green should have huge games with both Kawhi Leonard and Stephen Jackson out. Nobody else on that Spurs team has the physical size/power and quickness required to defend those two. They (Pierce, Green) should be able to feast on whatever defenders San Antonio sticks on them.

Danny Green is their best bet. Things get pretty bad beyond him though. Smaller two guards none of whom are capable of defending the post against someone like Jeff Green.

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2012, 01:20:20 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
if Matt Bonner goes off on us again i'm jumping out the window neck first.

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2012, 01:24:48 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Paul Pierce and Jeff Green should have huge games with both Kawhi Leonard and Stephen Jackson out. Nobody else on that Spurs team has the physical size/power and quickness required to defend those two. They (Pierce, Green) should be able to feast on whatever defenders San Antonio sticks on them.

Danny Green is their best bet. Things get pretty bad beyond him though. Smaller two guards none of whom are capable of defending the post against someone like Jeff Green.
the big question is will Green take advantage of it?  :-X
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2012, 01:29:39 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
if Matt Bonner goes off on us again i'm jumping out the window neck first.
Bonner has dropped out of the Spurs rotation in favor of Blair, though with Jackson/Leohnard both out that might change Pop's rotations.

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2012, 07:46:57 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Can't believe this thread is so dead, holiday or no holiday.

Pretty nice start by the C's - Terry on fire early.

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2012, 07:51:49 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1980
Can't believe this thread is so dead, holiday or no holiday.

Pretty nice start by the C's - Terry on fire early.

Seriously, I can't think of something else I'd rather do on a night before a holiday than have some beer and watch Celtics B ball.  I'm just hoping the C's play well and take at least 1 of the games vs. SA and OKC.

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2012, 07:52:09 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
I think the Spurs have scored every time they've had the ball exept once.

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2012, 07:53:44 PM »

Offline tgreanier

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 154
  • The Patron Saint of Defense
The Jet is awesome tonight.  Given the Spurs are shooting almost 75% and we are down only 1, I like our chances.
Bleeding green for 36 37 years.
"Maybe we do suck. But at least we don't wear yellow."