Author Topic: Bynum out until January  (Read 7937 times)

Re: Bynum out until January
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2012, 06:57:06 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Hawes is very underrated and I'm not sure why he isn't starting.

Sixers fans seem to think he lacks toughness and can't play defense.

Interesting. Every time I have seen him I have liked his game. I think he would be a good true center for us. Too much dough for us though.

« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2012, 07:40:44 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697

Interesting. Every time I have seen him I have liked his game. I think he would be a good true center for us. Too much dough for us though.

that and Doc would never play him anyway, he's too tall for Doc

« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2012, 07:58:22 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

that and Doc would never play him anyway, he's too tall for Doc
LOL
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2012, 10:05:59 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Doc and Danny are not fans of Hawes mullet
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2012, 11:23:40 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Just because he is out until January doesn't mean he won't come back and play like an All-Star..

And it doesn't mean he will either. He could just as easily be pretty much done for his career. The procedure he had on his knees is a very bad indication of his long term health.

Where did you see that this injury is career threatening?

the "injury" is not career threatening. The fact that he needs these injections into his knees for the rest of his career, and has been getting them at least last year as well, and went to germany for an experimental procedure, all indicate that his knees won't hold up much longer though.

Right but if there are no reports about this being career threatening and it is the same procedure he had prior to last year, why is it just as likely that this is career ending as it is that he will bounce back to his all start form of last year?
Degenerative knees don't plateau Rondo, they just continually get worse. Especially when your job puts a pounding on your knees. When its happening to a rather young man it is especially concerning.

There is a good chance he'll bounce back and be fine, but he's also had several years where he was never quite right after hurting his knee.

« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2012, 11:53:36 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
One one hand, that's one less player in the division we need to worry about.

On the other, he's killing my fantasy team!
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

Re: Bynum out until January/further knee damage by bowling!
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2012, 11:20:28 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
This one is getting even better:

"The Philadelphia 76ers fear All-Star center Andrew Bynum might have done additional damage to his knees while bowling, according to sources close to the situation."

"...there is swelling in both knees that we have under control. It's the same spot, bone bruise on both sides."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8647489/sources-andrew-bynum-philadelphia-76ers-suffered-setback-bowling

Have fun with that Phili. Bynum will be lucky to be in the NBA a year from now. On top of having two knees of a 90 year old, he has the mentality of a 5 year old.

« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2012, 11:45:28 AM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
Bynum has good if not great skills, too bad he is 1000% damaged both inside and out....you'll never get a season out of him. He will show up in the playoffs...has great potential to be one of the dirtiest yet.....but...kobe took out perk sooooo....

« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2012, 12:28:02 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

"The Philadelphia 76ers fear All-Star center Andrew Bynum might have done additional damage to his knees while bowling, according to sources close to the situation."

"...there is swelling in both knees that we have under control. It's the same spot, bone bruise on both sides."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8647489/sources-andrew-bynum-philadelphia-76ers-suffered-setback-bowling

Have fun with that Phili. Bynum will be lucky to be in the NBA a year from now. On top of having two knees of a 90 year old, he has the mentality of a 5 year old.

Sorry, but i find the hilarious.

« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2012, 01:04:39 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

Maybe they think he lacks toughness because he is out with an injury. People sometimes conflate on court toughness with number of games played. Then you see guys like Grant Hill who can never get on the court, but who eventually gets healthy and plays pretty much every game over 2 seasons.

Side note: Clippers bench is already looking impressive. Imagine when Hill finally plays a game. Billups too. That team is incredibly deep, especially if Odom can be resurrected.

« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2012, 05:27:34 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Bowling isn't prohibited in NBA contracts I can't get on the guy for bowling.

Heck plenty of our own favorite celtics would go bowling plenty back in 06-07 iirc.

« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2012, 05:39:25 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Bowling isn't prohibited in NBA contracts I can't get on the guy for bowling.

Heck plenty of our own favorite celtics would go bowling plenty back in 06-07 iirc.

During the lockout, Pierce posted videos of himself bowling in his own personal alley at home with a big screen tv showing football games on the wall at the end of the lane. Thing is, Pierce didn't have the knees of a 90 year old and he comes to play every night for over a decade.

« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2012, 06:24:14 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Bet he wishes he'd been traded to Boston, he might have been able to handle candlepins without injuring himself.

« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2012, 01:55:06 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2012, 01:59:34 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Why they don't use stickum spray in bowling?