Author Topic: Darko leaning towards leaving the C's. (Update Darko Waived)  (Read 9724 times)

Re: Darko leaning towards leaving the C's.
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2012, 11:02:57 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
http://www.celticslife.com/2012/11/doc-says-darko-is-free-to-go.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

from dat link seems like its a few things wrong but his moms being sick is legit

« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2012, 11:20:42 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Cmon its a cover story. He is leaving cause he has no role on this team. How can we be getting murdered on the boards every night and still Doc wont play Darko.

It should be Darko and Wilcox spliting the minutes at Center and Kg/Bass at power forward. The problem is Doc loves small ball.
Thank you.  Darko leaving for his sick mom seems awefully similar to Royce White leaving because his lack of playing time causes anxiety.

I want to see Darko play for the Celts, but face it- Darko is a quitter and always will be.  This isn't very surprising, as it has happened several times in his career already.  Even if he were getting major minutes and contributing now, his past history says it's just a matter of time before he throws in the towel.
Ummmmm, Royce White has a well documented anxiety disorder going back to before he showed up at Iowa State, back when he played college ball in Minnesota. White left Houston because of his anxiety, not for lack of playing time.

So therefore, you really should believe the whole "sick mom" thing with Darko.

There's a proper thread for this, I guess, but Woj makes it sound like it was largely a playing time issue.  His anxiety prevents him from flying.  And from showing up in training camp.  And from going to practice.  And from being demoted to the D-League.  And from showing up at appointments with his therapist.

White has an anxiety issue, but that doesn't mean it's occasionally a pretext. Darko probably has a sick mom, too, but if he was seeing playing time, folks have the right to question whether he'd have a different perspective.
Who ever said they didn't have a right to question Darko's or White's reasons for doing what they are doing? I just disagree with moiso and others and am stating my case.

Honestly, people tend to take Woj's word like its the word of God but he's not always right and doesn't always have the inside scoop.

Everything I have read on White, including much of his Tweets, says its a problem over how they are handling his anxiety disorder and I don't think there's any question he has an anxiety disorder which is what moiso alluded to. The man has stated he would rather quit the NBA than have his anxiety order not treated properly. He has said he probably shouldn't have been honest about his condition. These don't seem like words from someone just looking for playing time.

And as ImShak said, professionals don't usually use the "my mom is sick" excuse to get out of work. In today's era of news reporting, if this wasn't true, it would be a problem for him in trying to negotiate a future contract. And apparently Doc has confirmed everything on Boston radio.

« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2012, 01:57:16 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Even if Darko wanted to leave because of lack of playing time, I would be OK with his decision. I thought he won an outright role in our team, and for some reason or another it hasn't manifested into any playing time in this early season, even through some obvious instances in which he would've been the go-to guy to provide a certain task.

I feel his whole situation was mishandled this season from our standpoint, which is a shame since he looked good in our system in providing exactly what we needed from his position and role. We're not privy to off the court interaction, or practices, but everything leading up to the start of the season suggests that Darko was doing everything he was asked to do.

« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2012, 01:59:38 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
And as ImShak said, professionals don't usually use the "my mom is sick" excuse to get out of work. In today's era of news reporting, if this wasn't true, it would be a problem for him in trying to negotiate a future contract. And apparently Doc has confirmed everything on Boston radio.

I'm not sure if this is true.  I mean, how many times did Manny Ramirez's grandmother die?  He kept getting contracts.

Unfortunately, if Darko is using the "my mom is sick" excuse as a means of saving face, he wouldn't be the first athlete to exaggerate something like this.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2012, 02:01:22 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

I'm not sure if this is true.  I mean, how many times did Manny Ramirez's grandmother die?  He kept getting contracts.

Right.  Although, unlike Manny, I do believe that Darko's mother is sick.  I just don't think he would be leaving the team, if he was actually playing.  This is just a convenient excuse for them to part ways, and both sides still look good.

« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2012, 05:12:39 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Waived per Celtics Twitter feed.

« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2012, 05:21:29 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Waived per Celtics Twitter feed.

and thus ends the melo era in boston.

place your bets ladies and gentlemen. kenyon martin is signed in how many days?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Re: Darko leaning towards leaving the C's. (Update Darko Waived)
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2012, 05:26:45 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I'm really baffled about this whole situation.
Darko looked fine in preseason. He had a horrible game against the Bucks but he was the size and strength that we needed off the bench to take it to the Heat and Knicks come playoff time.
I just don't know why they wouldn't give him time.
I actually think his mom is probably very ill and it's made him depressed- that's what Doc is hinting at.
There really isn't any other reason because it's not like we've heard about him p---ing management or Doc off.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2012, 05:29:56 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509

Right.  Although, unlike Manny, I do believe that Darko's mother is sick.  I just don't think he would be leaving the team, if he was actually playing.  This is just a convenient excuse for them to part ways, and both sides still look good.

You are probably correct, but you don't know Darko, don't know his family, and perhaps he has guilt about leaving home at 17 and who knows, perhaps he genuinely wants to help her and be with her through this phase of her illness.  Maybe he'd do this regardless of PT, no way for any of us to know.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 05:37:12 PM by Neurotic Guy »

« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2012, 05:31:56 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Sign Chris Andersen or Kenyon Martin

« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2012, 05:34:10 PM »

Offline SPFLD-Hoop

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
Darko is millionaire, he could just move his mom HERE in the good old USA...safer, better medical care......Why wouldn't doc play him..don't we ask this EVERY year about  doc and a few of the obvious players who contribute that doc won't play....!!!

« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2012, 05:35:32 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
I wouldn't be surprised to see Darko playing for someone else before the season is over.

Probably a European team.

« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2012, 05:38:44 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
Darko is millionaire, he could just move his mom HERE in the good old USA...safer, better medical care......Why wouldn't doc play him..don't we ask this EVERY year about  doc and a few of the obvious players who contribute that doc won't play....!!!

Well, maybe his mom has other relative and friends other than Darko and wants to spend the end (if that's what we are talking about here) at her home.

« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2012, 05:39:26 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens

Who would you prefer and why? 

« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2012, 06:12:29 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

Who would you prefer and why?

Kenyon Martin = can play both PF and C and is a better passer.

I would be happy with either one of them though.