Author Topic: Darko leaning towards leaving the C's. (Update Darko Waived)  (Read 9730 times)

Re: Darko leaning towards leaving the C's.
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2012, 07:06:26 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
I wonder if Celtics got Darko just so he wont go to Miami.
i believe the rumor was they were interested in him, that would not surprise me at all.

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2012, 07:08:57 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Cmon its a cover story. He is leaving cause he has no role on this team. How can we be getting murdered on the boards every night and still Doc wont play Darko.

It should be Darko and Wilcox spliting the minutes at Center and Kg/Bass at power forward. The problem is Doc loves small ball.
Thank you.  Darko leaving for his sick mom seems awefully similar to Royce White leaving because his lack of playing time causes anxiety.

I want to see Darko play for the Celts, but face it- Darko is a quitter and always will be.  This isn't very surprising, as it has happened several times in his career already.  Even if he were getting major minutes and contributing now, his past history says it's just a matter of time before he throws in the towel.
Ummmmm, Royce White has a well documented anxiety disorder going back to before he showed up at Iowa State, back when he played college ball in Minnesota. White left Houston because of his anxiety, not for lack of playing time.

So therefore, you really should believe the whole "sick mom" thing with Darko.

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2012, 07:14:01 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
What happened to "If they need me to kill someone out there, I will kill someone." 

I guess that coupon expired at the end of October.

They haven't needed him to kill anyone, leaving him with very little to do. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2012, 07:14:34 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Cmon its a cover story. He is leaving cause he has no role on this team. How can we be getting murdered on the boards every night and still Doc wont play Darko.

It should be Darko and Wilcox spliting the minutes at Center and Kg/Bass at power forward. The problem is Doc loves small ball.
Thank you.  Darko leaving for his sick mom seems awefully similar to Royce White leaving because his lack of playing time causes anxiety.

I want to see Darko play for the Celts, but face it- Darko is a quitter and always will be.  This isn't very surprising, as it has happened several times in his career already.  Even if he were getting major minutes and contributing now, his past history says it's just a matter of time before he throws in the towel.
Ummmmm, Royce White has a well documented anxiety disorder going back to before he showed up at Iowa State, back when he played college ball in Minnesota. White left Houston because of his anxiety, not for lack of playing time.

White did leave the team because of lack of playing time.  That's documented.  I think they are both making excuses.  If Darko was playing a significant role, nobody would know about his "sick mother".

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2012, 07:15:16 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
What happened to "If they need me to kill someone out there, I will kill someone." 

I guess that coupon expired at the end of October.

They haven't needed him to kill anyone, leaving him with very little to do.
haha!

« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2012, 10:02:27 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
That was predictable. Darko isn't happy unless he is playing a big role in a team.

Very surprised Darko stayed in the NBA after his time in Minnesota went so badly. I thought that was his final draw, his breaking point. I expected him to go back to Europe to a team where he could be one of their main players.

I wonder if he thought he had a chance to start here. To play Perkins' old role. Never understood Darko's interest in coming here to be a 10-15mpg backup and not even assured of playing that much night in night out.

« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2012, 10:18:52 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Doesn't surprise me at all. Even if he has underwhelmed in his career, he is good enough for 5-10 minutes per. I'd want to leave too if I were him.
One can only hope Fab Melo doesn't have this attitude.
I think Melo realizes he's only played the sport for 5 (?) years and has some improving to do. Hopefully in a year or two he'll break into the rotation and be happy with that.

Darko is a different situation, I think. He's NBA-capable, and has zero minutes. I see where he's coming from.
Darko has been lied to at just about every stop he's been at in the NBA. Combine with that the immense pressure of being the #2 pick + the mental anguish of failing to achieve his goals time and time again and you have a player with a very low tolerance when things don't go to plan.

(1) Detroit = told he would be a franchise cornerstone = lie

(2) Detroit = Flip Saunders told him he'd be in the rotation = lie

(3) Orlando = told he had a long term future there and they would re-sign him to a long term deal in free agency. That they wanted to build around the twin-tower lineup of Darko and Dwight. Then Rashard Lewis and his $120 million came along. Dumped Darko within a few days of free agency opening after all the sweet-nothings he and his agent had been told over the last few weeks = lie.

(4) Memphis = told he was coming to play with Pau to reinforce their interior to help make them more of a threat in the playoffs. A stable situation that would beneficial to Darko's development. Two months into the season Pau is traded and Memphis went into the gutter, another lottery bound team = lie.

(5) New York = told by Donnie Walsh that Mike D'Antoni would be the perfect coach form because Darko could finally play out in the perimeter like a player with his skill-set from Europe should. Walsh was clearly working off a 6-7 year old inaccurate scouting report. Awful situation for Darko because he isn't that type of player. Things went horribly = misled again.

(6) Minnesota = Kahn said Darko would be the starting center, play 25+ minutes a night and could revive his career there. For awhile that is how things went and the early results were positive but underwhelming. Clearly there was some talent there but getting it out of him consistently was a problem (because he was overweight but nobody gets him to drop the excess muscle). So that didn't last. By his final season, Darko was dumped from the starting lineup and his playing time minimized despite being Minnesota's best interior defender on a defensive challenged squad. Oddly enough, this is closest anyone has come to keeping their word with Darko during his time in the NBA.

And now Boston, it's unclear what Danny said to him but I would guess Darko felt he either had the opportunity to play 20mpg behind Garnett as the backup center or take over Perk's old role as a 25mpg starter with KG sliding back to PF.

« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2012, 10:23:44 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

There's a proper thread for this, I guess, but Woj makes it sound like it was largely a playing time issue.  His anxiety prevents him from flying.  And from showing up in training camp.  And from going to practice.  And from being demoted to the D-League.  And from showing up at appointments with his therapist.

White has an anxiety issue, but that doesn't mean it's occasionally a pretext. Darko probably has a sick mom, too, but if he was seeing playing time, folks have the right to question whether he'd have a different perspective.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2012, 10:29:51 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
so, Darko's problem is that he has been lied to everywhere he goes??

or, it could just be that he's not a good player and has been difficult everywhere he has gone....sometimes these players that fans call to release from their end-of-bench roles are there for a reason..

« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2012, 11:15:55 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
from the brief moments I remember DARKO in the preseason games,  I thought the Celtics were holding their own or making gains on the court. He made a nice difference.

I wonder if DOC doesn't want DARKO to be in the game and prove his worthless and flawed theory of small ball BB TOTALLY WRONG ???

« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2012, 11:40:18 PM »

Offline u2larkin04

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 14
..maybe his mom is just really sick?
DISCLAIMER: When I post on here, it's usually because I've been drinking. If you are an avid home brewer or fan of whiskey you'll understand. If you're not; SORRY!

GO CELTICS!

« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2012, 12:29:12 AM »

Offline craigsagersuit

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 14

« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2012, 01:00:08 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I'm going to say something that seems like it's shocking to some (most who commented)...

if my mother is sick (where I have to get time off from the team as Darko did), I don't care how much you pay me and I could care less how big or w/e my role is on a team... I am going to be with my mother! There isn't enough money or playing time to keep me from being by her side if she wants/needs me! Also, I would not care how anyone feels about it!

If they say Darko's reason for leaving is based on his mother's health, I believe him... to me, that's not something someone would lie about... even if he is lying when it's said and done, that's on him but I believe it until then, b/c I know I would do the same! I could never concentrate on something as simple as a game or PT when my mother's health is in jeopardy!

I can't understand why people doubt his reason (if it's his reason)... it sounds like some people think money and the game are more important than their mother (the people saying if he had a bigger role he wouldn't leave). Why? You think when people get large roles on a team and/or money that somehow they would put their parent on the back burner for it? Well, not me! I'm sure I'm not the only one!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2012, 01:29:34 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
I'm going to say something that seems like it's shocking to some (most who commented)...

if my mother is sick (where I have to get time off from the team as Darko did), I don't care how much you pay me and I could care less how big or w/e my role is on a team... I am going to be with my mother! There isn't enough money or playing time to keep me from being by her side if she wants/needs me! Also, I would not care how anyone feels about it!

If they say Darko's reason for leaving is based on his mother's health, I believe him... to me, that's not something someone would lie about... even if he is lying when it's said and done, that's on him but I believe it until then, b/c I know I would do the same! I could never concentrate on something as simple as a game or PT when my mother's health is in jeopardy!

I can't understand why people doubt his reason (if it's his reason)... it sounds like some people think money and the game are more important than their mother (the people saying if he had a bigger role he wouldn't leave). Why? You think when people get large roles on a team and/or money that somehow they would put their parent on the back burner for it? Well, not me! I'm sure I'm not the only one!
Everything we know about players via agent or tweet is a PR move.  It's not what's really going on.

« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2012, 01:50:01 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Everything we know about players via agent or tweet is a PR move.  It's not what's really going on.

I would buy what you're selling if the reason was ANYTHING else (like "home sick" or something) but I don't see why a person would use the health of a parent (family member), knowing that if it's found out to be untrue that that would be a bigger hit to their PR than if they had just said they were leaving b/c they weren't getting any/enough playing time! I mean, that has to be the lowest character person ever to lie about the health of their mother, just for PR reasons. I doubt an agent would be that stupid! If he is that stupid then he is a horrible agent (and human being)!

I almost forgot to add that Darko was riding the pine on horrible teams (DNP all the time), even though he wasn't living up to billing (didn't like the coach either), he still stayed with those teams... those were much worse situations, why didn't he use this excuse (if it's a lie) to leave back then?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 01:58:56 AM by ImShakHeIsShaq »
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)