Author Topic: Boston Very Interested in Gortat  (Read 40881 times)

Re: Boston Very Interested in Gortat
« Reply #195 on: November 21, 2012, 04:01:49 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
the real question should be, if we trade for Gortat, will Doc play him?

« Reply #196 on: November 21, 2012, 04:14:47 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I need someone better than Gortat to part with Bradley at this point in time.

Such as?

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #197 on: November 21, 2012, 04:16:49 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
the real question should be, if we trade for Gortat, will Doc play him?
He played Perkins and Jermaine O'Neal.

He'd play Gortat.

« Reply #198 on: November 21, 2012, 04:20:38 PM »

Offline blastoidesroidsnoids

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
I'm of the opinion that we trade Bradley now while his value is relatively high with his breakout performance last year and his cheap rookie contract. If not for Gortat then for someone else of good value, because I really don't see Bradley holding up physically long term considering the way he plays and the injuries he has already had in his brief career. He had ankle surgery his rookie year, and double shoulder surgery this past season. He has not had a single year in the pros in which he has made it through relatively healthy, and he plays so physically and all out that I don't think he will last very long.

It's a fair point that if we win it all, we need to go through miami and the lakers and Bradley would help to slow down Wade. With Wade's own deteriorating heath though, I don't think that should be our primary concern. Adding a center like Gortat helps close up the middle with KG at PF for either Wade or Lebron's penetration, and it goes a long way in helping slow down Dwight Howard in the finals.

If we trade Bradley, do we really lose much on defense with Lee?

If thats true then why wouldnt they rather take Lee, the better 3 shooter, who didn't just have surgery on both of his shoulders?

« Reply #199 on: November 21, 2012, 04:20:40 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

Such as?
Someone who is an All-Star caliber player or close to it. Like Josh Smith.

Gortat is an above average starter but not a high level starter (top ten player at respective position).

« Reply #200 on: November 21, 2012, 04:36:06 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I'm of the opinion that we trade Bradley now while his value is relatively high with his breakout performance last year and his cheap rookie contract. If not for Gortat then for someone else of good value, because I really don't see Bradley holding up physically long term considering the way he plays and the injuries he has already had in his brief career. He had ankle surgery his rookie year, and double shoulder surgery this past season. He has not had a single year in the pros in which he has made it through relatively healthy, and he plays so physically and all out that I don't think he will last very long.

It's a fair point that if we win it all, we need to go through miami and the lakers and Bradley would help to slow down Wade. With Wade's own deteriorating heath though, I don't think that should be our primary concern. Adding a center like Gortat helps close up the middle with KG at PF for either Wade or Lebron's penetration, and it goes a long way in helping slow down Dwight Howard in the finals.

If we trade Bradley, do we really lose much on defense with Lee?

If thats true then why wouldnt they rather take Lee, the better 3 shooter, who didn't just have surgery on both of his shoulders?

He's owed a heck of a lot more money, and hopefully they look past the shoulder issues like the sixers did with bynums knees

« Reply #201 on: November 21, 2012, 04:39:22 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

Such as?

Gortat is an above average starter but not a high level starter (top ten player at respective position).

1)Howard
2)Chandler
3)Duncan
4)KG
5)Roy Hibbert
6)Cousins
7)Brooke Lopez
8)Bynum(when Healthy)
9)Big Al
10)Marc Gasol

Gortat would be next IMO so if we cross out Bynum because of injuries Gortat is in the top 10.

« Reply #202 on: November 21, 2012, 04:41:42 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

Such as?

1)Howard
2)Chandler
3)KG
4)Roy Hibbert
5)Demarcus Cousins
6)Brooke Lopez
7)Bynum(when Healthy)
8)Andrew Bogut(when healthy)not even sure bout that one
9)Big Al
10)Marc Gasol

Gortat would be next IMO so if we cross out Bynum and Bogut because of injuries Gortat is in the top 10.
Except you forgot Nene, Chris Bosh, Anderson Varaejo, Joakim Noah, Al Horford, ....

I'll stop there as thats clearly enough to push Gortat well outside the top ten.

« Reply #203 on: November 21, 2012, 04:48:06 PM »

Offline Yogi

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 255

Such as?

1)Howard
2)Chandler
3)KG
4)Roy Hibbert
5)Demarcus Cousins
6)Brooke Lopez
7)Bynum(when Healthy)
9)Big Al
10)Marc Gasol

Gortat would be next IMO so if we cross out Bynum and Bogut because of injuries Gortat is in the top 10.
Except you forgot Nene, Chris Bosh, Anderson Varaejo, Joakim Noah, Al Horford, ....

I'll stop there as thats clearly enough to push Gortat well outside the top ten.
I don't think Varaejo is necessarily better than Gortat, neither are guys like Pekovic and DeAndre Jordan who are very good.  But, Tim Duncan, Al Jefferson and Pau Gasol without a doubt are better Centers than Gortat.
CelticsBlog DKC Pelicans
J. Lin/I. Canaan/N. Wolters
E. Gordon/A. Shved
N. Batum/A. Roberson
A. Davis/K. Olynyk/M. Scott
D. Cousins/A. Baynes/V. Faverani
Rights: A. Abrines, R. Neto, L. Jean-Charles  Coach: M. Williams

« Reply #204 on: November 21, 2012, 04:52:32 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

Such as?

1)Howard
2)Chandler
3)KG
4)Roy Hibbert
5)Demarcus Cousins
6)Brooke Lopez
7)Bynum(when Healthy)
9)Big Al
10)Marc Gasol

tp you got me

still think Gortat is more of a need than Bradley for this team to win this year and get through Miami and LA. Would be thrilled if we could somehow get Gortat without giving up Bradley, but I doubt it .  I don't see any other big man as nearly as cheap as Gortat for his level of production . The only other big man I could see being available for bradley would be big al but then we would have to send a ton more salary along with him like Green and Lee.

« Reply #205 on: November 21, 2012, 04:54:33 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

Such as?

1)Howard
2)Chandler
3)KG
4)Roy Hibbert
5)Demarcus Cousins
6)Brooke Lopez
7)Bynum(when Healthy)
9)Big Al
10)Marc Gasol

tp you got me

still think Gortat is more of a need than Bradley for this team to win this year and get through Miami and LA. Would be thrilled if we could somehow get Gortat without giving up Bradley, but I doubt it .  I don't see any other big man as nearly as cheap as Gortat for his level of production . The only other big man I could see being available for bradley would be big al but then we would have to send a ton more salary along with him like Green and Lee.
Yeah I can see that, though I want to see if Bradley can come back and play like he was. Building for the future if Bradley plays like he did in the second half the difference in impact between Gortat/Bradley wouldn't be very much.

« Reply #206 on: November 21, 2012, 05:19:12 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I dunno.   Bigs have good impact, Bradley can shut people down but I for one would like to see what we could do with some boards and more possessions.   I'd almost roll the dice but I doubt they would.

« Reply #207 on: November 21, 2012, 05:35:57 PM »

Offline blastoidesroidsnoids

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
Also... theres not a single bit of evidence in that article that Boston is interested in him

« Reply #208 on: November 21, 2012, 06:02:58 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Don't think Phoenix let's Gortat go for a recently injured SG with 3 months of starting experience. It would take some combination of Bradley and Sullinger/Green/Melo/Lee to even match the +7M owed to Gortat.

My opinion is that if they will take a package of Bass/Bradley/1st then it's a trade we should make. If not then there is no reason to part with Bradley until we've seen how he comes back from injury.

We don't have any salaries (aside from the big 3) that can be moved out before mid-January that match Gortat's so unless PHX wants to take on 5-6 minimum level contracts this discussion is moot.

« Reply #209 on: November 23, 2012, 10:37:44 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Such as?

1)Howard
2)Chandler
3)KG
4)Roy Hibbert
5)Demarcus Cousins
6)Brooke Lopez
7)Bynum(when Healthy)
9)Big Al
10)Marc Gasol

Howard, Chandler, KG, M.Gasol, (and a healthy--which is rare--Bymun) are the only centers in the league that I would put clearly ahead of Marcin Gortat.

The guy has not gotten a lot of national hype, but his numbers and his game suggest that he is a top ten center.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson