Author Topic: Boston Very Interested in Gortat  (Read 41059 times)

Re: Boston Very Interested in Gortat
« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2012, 03:42:27 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I agree that the other trades in the article are more attractive to the Suns, I don't think the Suns will get offered that much.

I think it shows just how poorly conceived the article actually is. The value goes up and down without any real overall theme or anything to the rankings.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2012, 03:44:02 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I agree that the other trades in the article are more attractive to the Suns, I don't think the Suns will get offered that much.

I think it shows just how poorly conceived the article actually is. The value goes up and down without any real overall theme or anything to the rankings.
Yeah its the same as any number of our Josh Smith threads, but on sites that are supposeded to be full of news.

« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2012, 03:45:05 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593

Oh wait, I thought those were more rumored trades.  Now looking at it I guess those were just one writers opinion of possible trades.  Ok, so maybe we do have a chance.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #78 on: November 19, 2012, 03:53:48 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Yeah its the same as any number of our Josh Smith threads, but on sites that are supposeded to be full of news.

http://deadspin.com/5929361/how-espn-ditched-journalism-and-followed-skip-bayless-to-the-bottom-a-tim-tebow-story

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #79 on: November 19, 2012, 03:59:25 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Other trade ideas proposed in the article.

2)
2. Milwaukee Bucks | Gortat and Kendall Marshall for Tobias Harris, John Henson and Drew Gooden

3)
3. Oklahoma City Thunder | Gortat for Kendrick Perkins, Jeremy Lamb and a first-round pick in 2013

4)
4. Portland Trail Blazers | Gortat for Meyers Leonard, J.J. Hickson and a first-round pick in 2013 (no lottery protection)

5)
5. New Orleans Hornets | Gortat for Austin Rivers and Al-Farouq Aminu

Looking at the other proposed/suggested trades, I don't think the C's have much of a chance.

I think New Orleans' offer is head and shoulders above the others. Then Portland after that.  Milwaekee/OKC/Boston could probably be argued in any order after that.

I know we all love Avery Bradley here, but Jeremy Lamb probably has more value across the league than Avery Bradley.  I don't think a lot of GM's are as hopeful about the development of a defensive minded, but very undersized 2 guard coming off double shoulder surgery as most of us are.

Whether you think that Bradley can keep it up or not, he's shown that he's at least capable of scoring 15 a game and playing very solid defense. I wouldn't take it for granted that a late lottery pick has more value around the league.

« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2012, 04:07:59 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I am all for it, but I don't see why Phoenix does this for a pair of SGs.

Green, AB and Melo for Gortat and Dudley does work later in the season.

I love AB more than most, but I'd still be all over a trade centered around him for Gortat.

This trade above would improve our team a ton I think.

I'm not about trading Lee + AB; I think we need one of them to defend Wade.  Both of them have shown a solid-excellent ability to in my eyes.  I know its early, but I have no problem trading away Green because he has shown absolutely no ability to defend Wade or Lebron yet in the past few times he's had the chance to.  Maybe he'll be able to eventually, but our championship clock is ticking.  I think this trade and getting owned in the regular season by bigger teams like LAC, memphis, lakers would eventually force miami to abandon small ball as their primary strategy.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2012, 04:11:51 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
This is soooooooooooo  "EASY" dump JEFF GREEN in a NY second.....and throw in a Lee or Barbosa maybe Fab Melo .

Or Bass /Barbosa /Collins /Joseph...  for Gortat. 

NO FREAKIN WAY does Danny/Doc trade off Avery Bradley ( whom they 've rasied as their own ) for Gortat.

Trading off Sully , would be an ALL TIME bad-stupid- horrible move, he is our ONLY decent yound big that is natural rebounder.... gessses and gonna be worth a mint one day.
Bradley is too special and EVERYBODY in the NBA knows it , from 3D to D. Wade .  Unless your talking Josh Smith , maybe Milsap or Varejao ....gonna have to be return special player.
Bradley maybe the only chance we have to control play of the HEAT in series.

Gortat isn't Pau Gasol or Josh SMith , but he is alot cheaper and the part of KG that isn't KG anymore.. Which still migh allow the C's to pick up another BIG NAME to go with him latter on .

Gortat is one of the pieces we are missing.  Add SMith or Milsap to him and were are knocking heads with LA.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 04:24:31 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2012, 04:13:28 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
Other trade ideas proposed in the article.

2)
2. Milwaukee Bucks | Gortat and Kendall Marshall for Tobias Harris, John Henson and Drew Gooden

3)
3. Oklahoma City Thunder | Gortat for Kendrick Perkins, Jeremy Lamb and a first-round pick in 2013

4)
4. Portland Trail Blazers | Gortat for Meyers Leonard, J.J. Hickson and a first-round pick in 2013 (no lottery protection)

5)
5. New Orleans Hornets | Gortat for Austin Rivers and Al-Farouq Aminu

Looking at the other proposed/suggested trades, I don't think the C's have much of a chance.

I think New Orleans' offer is head and shoulders above the others. Then Portland after that.  Milwaekee/OKC/Boston could probably be argued in any order after that.

I know we all love Avery Bradley here, but Jeremy Lamb probably has more value across the league than Avery Bradley.  I don't think a lot of GM's are as hopeful about the development of a defensive minded, but very undersized 2 guard coming off double shoulder surgery as most of us are.

Whether you think that Bradley can keep it up or not, he's shown that he's at least capable of scoring 15 a game and playing very solid defense. I wouldn't take it for granted that a late lottery pick has more value around the league.

-The bucks offer is no better than what any NBA team could offer in my opinion.
-OKC offer could be viable if Phoenix values Lamb highly.  That first rounder isn't going to be very high, unless its the one from the Harden trade which would make this probably the best offer on the table.
-Blazers offer isn't that impressive.  What has Leonard shown he can do?  Hickson is a guy with no real upside remaining that can be signed in FA for $4-5 mil per year.
-Rivers hasn't shown any signs that he is a more valuable prospect than Bradley.  I'd think that most teams would prefer Bradley actually.

Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2012, 04:15:21 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

NO FREAKIN WAY does Danny/Doc trade off Avery Bradley ( whom they 've rasied as their own ) for Gortat.

The same could've been said before the Perk/Green trade.

« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2012, 04:17:10 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
This is soooooooooooo  "EASY" dump JEFF GREEN in a NY second.....and throw in a Lee or Barbosa maybe Fab Melo .

Or Bass /Barbosa /Collins /Joseph...  for Gortat. 

Trading off Sully , would be an ALL TIME bad-stupid- horrible move, he is our ONLY decent yound big that is natural rebounder.... gessses and gonna be worth a mint one day.
Bradley is too special and EVERYBODY in the NBA knows it , from 3D to D. Wade .  Unless your talking Josh Smith , maybe Milsap or Varejao ....gonna have to be return special player.
Bradley maybe the only chance we have to control play of the HEAT in series.

GOrtat isn't Gasol or Josh SMith , but he is alot cheaper. Which still migh allow the C's to pick up another BIG NAME to go with him .

Gortat is one of the pieces we are missing.  Add SMith or Milsap to him and were are knocking heads with LA.

I still say trading bradley is a mistake. I will stick by that too. I think people are forgetting how good this kid is and he has so much upside. We could probably do this deal without trading him. Id rather give up just about anybody else besides rondo kg pierce and terry over bradley. Trade Lee and bass and even green if you have too but not bradley. Bradley is our ticket to get past the heat!!!

« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2012, 04:19:39 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
Any chance they bite on:

Green + Sullinger + Melo + first for Dudley + Gortat?

If we include Lee in that deal, I don't know if the salaries would match up.  I would include him if we can get back another player like Shannon Brown.  I think Brown could be a great guy to get out and run with Rondo.

« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2012, 04:20:07 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

The same could've been said before the Perk/Green trade.

I knew somebody would say that...and maybe true when Perk was young and worth something. 

I wouldn't take 5 Perks for Avery Bradley...unless its a REAL SUPERSTAR or near superstar, no way does Doc/DA let that boy go in this deal.  I'll bet the ranch on it.  Perk was scrub at his postion.

Bradley ..is critical to defending and wearing down the older elite guards on the contenders.  HAving him is like on side having a LASER GUN in a civil war battle. Its a huge advantage. 
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 04:35:32 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2012, 04:25:13 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Would like to get gortat. He would be great with Rondo and a good help defender. Would hate to see AB go but would be willing to get better rebounding in the long run.

« Reply #88 on: November 19, 2012, 04:27:43 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
- A deal for Gortat would require $7M of outgoing salary.

- The Suns, as others have pointed out, are a rebuilding team. They have no use right now for players like Bass, Lee, Green, or Terry.

- Ideally, the suns would want picks, rookies with potential, or good, cost controlled young players. They would ask us for Bradley, Sullinger, and Melo.

- The Suns would only take a veteran if he was a star or if he was an expiring contract. We have no expiring contracts and we're not trading Rondo.

A lot of us hope that Rondo, Sullinger, and Bradley will be part of this team's nucleus going forward. You will have to sacrifice that to get Gortat, because Bradley and Sullinger are the obvious assets for them. Phoenix really has no reason to talk to us otherwise.

« Reply #89 on: November 19, 2012, 04:31:25 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
I'd trade Jeff Green for my one-legged auntie right now.