Author Topic: Boston Very Interested in Gortat  (Read 40890 times)

Re: Boston Very Interested in Gortat
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2012, 03:14:42 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Sorry guys but i have to be the one the say HELL NO if avery is included in the deal. I'm one of those guys that really really believes in avery bradley. At a mere 20 years old hes already elite at something. Hes one of the best defenders in the league and we can put him on wade without a worry. His offense was also looking promising before he went down with the injury. When him and rondo are on the court together we're a totally different team and i think with AB we beat the heat in the ECF. You give that up for a very solid center but the guy is NOT what you people are hyping him up to be. Id love to have him believe me id be excited as you don't know what but for what price? Give up sully and LEE and im all for it. Not bradley and bass, **** outta here.

I love Avery too, but this guy is more than people are hyping him up to be. 

I'm just mad at ESPN insider for leading me on like this.  There's no way the Suns are that stupid.  Or, is there?
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2012, 03:16:14 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I've seen the ages put it in incorrectly a few times on this thread, but just to clarify - Gortat is 28, not 30. Bradley will be 22 in a week, he's not 20. It might not sound like much, but it does make a difference.

I would do Bradley and Bass for Gortat. I would then sign Delonte West for the vet minimum. Then with the Darko news, I would sign Kenyon Martin for the vet minimum.

So basically Bradley, Bass, and Darko are replaced with West, Martin, and Gortat.

« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2012, 03:16:23 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Sorry guys but i have to be the one the say HELL NO if avery is included in the deal. I'm one of those guys that really really believes in avery bradley. At a mere 20 years old hes already elite at something. Hes one of the best defenders in the league and we can put him on wade without a worry. His offense was also looking promising before he went down with the injury. When him and rondo are on the court together we're a totally different team and i think with AB we beat the heat in the ECF. You give that up for a very solid center but the guy is NOT what you people are hyping him up to be. Id love to have him believe me id be excited as you don't know what but for what price? Give up sully and LEE and im all for it. Not bradley and bass, **** outta here.

I'm just mad at ESPN insider for leading me on like this.  There's no way the Suns are that stupid.  Or, is there?
What's stupid about it?

It'd be stupid to not look at other offers, but trading Gortat for prospects is the smart move. I have my doubts our pieces will be the most attractive but Gortat absolutely should be traded if they're not committed to extending him.

« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2012, 03:22:12 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley

What's stupid about it?

It'd be stupid to not look at other offers, but trading Gortat for prospects is the smart move. I have my doubts our pieces will be the most attractive but Gortat absolutely should be traded if they're not committed to extending him.

If I were them, I'd keep him.  But, if they are looking to trade him, I think that Bradley and Lee or Bradley and Bass, for that matter, is an awfully cheap asking price.

I'll take it, though. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2012, 03:22:54 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
I'm not really familiar with Gortat. If we traded Lee and Sully for him, would he start?

Gortat/Wilcox/Collins
Garnett/Bass
Pierce/Green
Bradley/Terry
Rondo/Barbosa

OR

Garnett/Gortat/Collins
Bass/Wilcox

?

« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2012, 03:23:32 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
I'm not really familiar with Gortat. If we traded Lee and Sully for him, would he start?

Gortat/Wilcox/Collins
Garnett/Bass
Pierce/Green
Bradley/Terry
Rondo/Barbosa

OR

Garnett/Gortat/Collins
Bass/Wilcox

?
He'd probably start, though I could see Doc using him as the first big off the bench for KG.

« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2012, 03:25:00 PM »

fitzhickey

Gortat/Wilcox/Collins
Garnett/Bass
Pierce/Green
Bradley/Terry
Rondo/Barbosa

OR

Garnett/Gortat/Collins
Bass/Wilcox

?
Gortat would probably start, and use bass of the bench quickly. If we go small he could be first off the bench

« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2012, 03:25:59 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

What's stupid about it?

and are we going to extend him? or it'd be just for a rental? :o
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2012, 03:29:06 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
courtney and avery for marcin wouldn't work $ wise, as lee is byc, however no biggie, u can just add darko

considering suns lack of bigs i wonder if bass, sully and avery doesn't make more sense for gortat, i would add picks if need be,

c's would need to sign a backup big(s), ben wallace would do fine

« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2012, 03:30:38 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
For people that haven't seen him play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=all8nPOx3v4

« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2012, 03:33:27 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460

« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2012, 03:37:07 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
Other trade ideas proposed in the article.

2)
2. Milwaukee Bucks | Gortat and Kendall Marshall for Tobias Harris, John Henson and Drew Gooden

3)
3. Oklahoma City Thunder | Gortat for Kendrick Perkins, Jeremy Lamb and a first-round pick in 2013

4)
4. Portland Trail Blazers | Gortat for Meyers Leonard, J.J. Hickson and a first-round pick in 2013 (no lottery protection)

5)
5. New Orleans Hornets | Gortat for Austin Rivers and Al-Farouq Aminu

Looking at the other proposed/suggested trades, I don't think the C's have much of a chance.

I think New Orleans' offer is head and shoulders above the others. Then Portland after that.  Milwaekee/OKC/Boston could probably be argued in any order after that.

I know we all love Avery Bradley here, but Jeremy Lamb probably has more value across the league than Avery Bradley.  I don't think a lot of GM's are as hopeful about the development of a defensive minded, but very undersized 2 guard coming off double shoulder surgery as most of us are.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2012, 03:38:54 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
I agree that the other trades in the article are more attractive to the Suns, I don't think the Suns will get offered that much.

« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2012, 03:39:31 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
Other trade ideas proposed in the article.

2)
2. Milwaukee Bucks | Gortat and Kendall Marshall for Tobias Harris, John Henson and Drew Gooden

3)
3. Oklahoma City Thunder | Gortat for Kendrick Perkins, Jeremy Lamb and a first-round pick in 2013

4)
4. Portland Trail Blazers | Gortat for Meyers Leonard, J.J. Hickson and a first-round pick in 2013 (no lottery protection)

5)
5. New Orleans Hornets | Gortat for Austin Rivers and Al-Farouq Aminu

Looking at the other proposed/suggested trades, I don't think the C's have much of a chance.

I think New Orleans' offer is head and shoulders above the others. Then Portland after that.  Milwaekee/OKC/Boston could probably be argued in any order after that.

I know we all love Avery Bradley here, but Jeremy Lamb probably has more value across the league than Avery Bradley.  I don't think a lot of GM's are as hopeful about the development of a defensive minded, but very undersized 2 guard coming off double shoulder surgery as most of us are.

Why would NO do that? They have Davis, Anderson, and Lopez already.

« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2012, 03:41:50 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
He can defend the pick and roll, he's pretty good as a low post defender, he can rebound, he can hit jumpers on the pick and pop, can finish on the pick and roll, even has a few low post moves, runs the floor well, moves well, is tough as nails, but other than that, he's a bum. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers: