Author Topic: Boston Very Interested in Gortat  (Read 40863 times)

Re: Boston Very Interested in Gortat
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2012, 02:11:31 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Id do
AB and Bass or Sullinger and Lee
That would be nice if they want Lee.  He seems to have a very low bball iq.

« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2012, 02:24:18 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Not AB. The only way the trade would be worth it is if we win it all this year. Does Gortat give us that big of an advantage? I don't think so.

We have size on this team, Doc just needs to let his love for small ball go.

Yes he does.

KG and Gortat can control the boards against Miami.  They can close the paint for drivers.
Somewhat they can, but not if they have to constantly leave their man to help out on Wade abusing Barbosa and exhausting Rondo
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2012, 02:34:01 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Not AB. The only way the trade would be worth it is if we win it all this year. Does Gortat give us that big of an advantage? I don't think so.

Yes he does.

KG and Gortat can control the boards against Miami.  They can close the paint for drivers.
Somewhat they can, but not if they have to constantly leave their man to help out on Wade abusing Barbosa and exhausting Rondo

Did they have to do that last year with Ray defending Wade?  Did it really hurt the Celtics?

No.

What killed the Celtics was Bosh pulling KG out of the C and having no true big man waiting there to great Lebron and Wade.

« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2012, 02:34:30 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Id do
AB and Bass or Sullinger and Lee
That would be nice if they want Lee.  He seems to have a very low bball iq.

« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2012, 02:35:08 PM »

Offline 5.9.20.34.43

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 21
We may need Gortat apparently Darko is contemplating leaving the team to return home. Adrian Woj reported this however I don't have the link. I'd trade lee Sully and Melo. Not sure the numbers work out thou.

« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2012, 02:38:40 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
I'd like to at least get a look at AB before deciding to trade. I would likely trade AB over lee but something people are not mentioning is, are you ready to give Gortat a max deal in two years or close to it? I mean, look what Asik got
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2012, 02:40:52 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Orlando, Dallas, Boston and Chicago are very interested in Marcin Gortat.

http://nba.przegladsportowy.pl/Koszykowka-NBA-Marcin-Gortat-moze-opuscic-Phoenix-Suns,artykul,151832,2,299.html

Saw the above on Hoopshype.

This is from ESPN (Insider)

The Suns' predicament
Before the season started, ESPN's own John Hollinger pegged Phoenix to finish No. 15 in the Western Conference in 2012-13. That's dead last to you and me.

So it doesn't take a team of experts to tell you that this Suns' team simply don't have the look of a contender. Thus, we have to believe the Suns' brass might have to decide whether dealing Gortat, whose value is at an all-time high, could be the only way this team improves.

It's not that simple, though. Gortat is one of the team's best players, he plays a premium position, and he's one of the league's best bargains -- owed $7,258,960 this season and $7,727,280 in 2013-14.

The Suns certainly don't have to trade him, but if they keep him they'll have to do so with the idea that they'll be able to re-sign him to a long-term deal, however expensive it might be. Keep in mind what Roy Hibbert (four-years, $58 million) and JaVale McGee (four-years, $44 million) signed for as restricted free agents this past offseason.

That said, here are five possible trade partners with Phoenix for Gortat:

1. Boston Celtics | Gortat for Avery Bradley and Courtney Lee

No team makes as much sense as Boston, which badly needs a big man to pair with Kevin Garnett in the frontcourt before the window of opportunity closes in the KG/Paul Pierce era. The Celtics have as many tradeable young talents as any playoff-caliber team, and though they've been very reluctant to include young defensive star Avery Bradley in any deal, they may have to in order to coax Gortat out of the Suns. Bradley would be exactly what the Suns are looking for if they have to move Gortat -- a young, hard-working shooting guard who can come in and fill a position of need.

I like the polish hammer, but I'm not trading our best defensive SG and another defensive backup for a rotation caliber big man.

Now, if it was Lee and someone....mabey

Rotation Caliber big man? Seriously. Gortat averages a double double with 3 blocks a game. That is EXACTLY what we need in the middle. A legit center who wont require the offense to run through him but will still score, can run the floor, and can defend the bucket.

Gortat has been number 2 behind Josh Smith on my wish list for weeks because he fits such a huge need. Dealing Bradley and Lee? I dont think we would deal both of them, one or the other definitely. But I would give up just as much for Gortat as I would for Smith. And if it took both Bradley and Lee I would do it in a heart beat. There is no reason that Terry and Barbosa cant handle the SG spot together.

Rondo/Barbosa
Terry/Barbosa
Pierce/Green
KG/Bass/Sully
Gortat/Wilcox

I think this is great because currently, our best lineup consists of Pierce and Green in the game together at the 2 and the 3. We could play rondo, Pierce, Green, KG, and Gortat in spurts.

Also, who knows how effective Bradley will be coming off of a double shoulder surgery. Id take the establish vet at our greatest weakness over a third year unproven commodity anyday.

Yes, rotation caliber big man. Where has he gone that he has ever shown consistant dominance? he's 30, not 25.

When Howard was hurt in Orlando, people expected him to have these huge breakout games, instead he pretty much did in that role what he did off the bench. got garbage points, good rebounder, good defender.

He's a very, very nice player. I would love to have him, but he's not some dominate big man in the league. He's solid, and we need a solid presence in the middle, but not at the expense of both our defensive SG's, one of whom looks like a defensive stud with a possable high upside.

I'd be 100% behind bringing Gortat here, but I'd much prefer the Sully or bass + others packages that have been posted.

Where?...Phoenix.

In his first season there he averaged 13 and 9.5 with 1.5 blocks with a 56% shooting percentage and came off the bench.

Season two he averaged 15 and 10 with 1.5 blocks and again shot 56%.

This year he has been averaging 10 and 10 with 3 blocks a game again shooting over 50%.

I'm not sure what better number you could get at the center slot. Again both Lee and Bradley in the same deal would be something I wouldn't expect Ainge to do but if thats all that was available Id still do it.

And not to nitpick But Gortat is only 28 (turning 29) and those extra years/days do make a huge difference on the NBA mileage spectrum.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 02:52:38 PM by pearljammer10 »

« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2012, 02:48:47 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Whoa!!  Marcin Gortat is available for a couple of our role players?!!

Yes, please.

I love Avery.  I really do.  But, c'mon, Gortat's a straight up stud.  If Danny could make this happen, I'd be jumping for joy. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2012, 02:50:39 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587

Yes, please.

I love Avery.  I really do.  But, c'mon, Gortat's a straight up stud.  If Danny could make this happen, I'd be jumping for joy.

Ditto. I love Avery as well but come on Gortat is the center we've been lacking for over a year now... this guy would literally help us match up with anybody

« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2012, 02:53:30 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
Gortat is 28, not 30.
Not that it makes a great difference, as he probably won't be taking gigantic leaps in his game after this point.

« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2012, 02:55:09 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544

Yes, please.

Ditto. I love Avery as well but come on Gortat is the center we've been lacking for over a year now... this guy would literally help us match up with anybody

Won't make a difference when Wade is gushing Jason Terry and Courtney lee.

« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2012, 02:55:23 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

Yes he does.

Did they have to do that last year with Ray defending Wade?  Did it really hurt the Celtics?

No.

What killed the Celtics was Bosh pulling KG out of the C and having no true big man waiting there to great Lebron and Wade.
didnt we throw the bigger Pietrus at Wade? don't mind a trade but would rather we keep one of either Lee or Bradley to throw at him. if both are gone well it'd be Rondo having to cover him most of the time which isnt good -- because Barbosa and Terry would get destroyed
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2012, 03:00:40 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Sorry guys but i have to be the one the say HELL NO if avery is included in the deal. I'm one of those guys that really really believes in avery bradley. At a mere 20 years old hes already elite at something. Hes one of the best defenders in the league and we can put him on wade without a worry. His offense was also looking promising before he went down with the injury. When him and rondo are on the court together we're a totally different team and i think with AB we beat the heat in the ECF. You give that up for a very solid center but the guy is NOT what you people are hyping him up to be. Id love to have him believe me id be excited as you don't know what but for what price? Give up sully and LEE and im all for it. Not bradley and bass, Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. outta here.

« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2012, 03:12:13 PM »

Offline pp34isthe1

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
I think it looks bad on the organization to trade Lee in his first season. What message would that send future potential free agents?

There are 2 options I see here to get Gortat , pull the trigger and trade C.Lee and AB around Dec. 15th for Gortat or wait until after January 15th and send Bass and AB.

« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2012, 03:14:04 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I think it looks bad on the organization to trade Lee in his first season. What message would that send future potential free agents?
That if they don't have a no trade clause then Danny will consider trading them.

Which is the same thing that Ray Allen and Rajon Rondo's time here will have said to them.