Author Topic: Boston Very Interested in Gortat  (Read 40896 times)

Re: Boston Very Interested in Gortat
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2012, 01:08:50 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
Gortat is a solid center in this league. He isn't an all-star, but he's as good as you can get via trade with your current assets, which is, I do believe, no other player, but Bradley.

Let's face the truth.
If a serviceable center is coming along this way, Bradley will probably not be a Celtic anymore.

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2012, 01:11:54 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Would you be willing to trade Sullinger instead of Bradley?

Absolutly, I love Sully but I'd take Gortat over him on this team.

Well, I mean if there was a trade in place for stuff plus either Bradley or Sullinger, would you rather give up Bradley or Sullinger?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2012, 01:12:34 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

Absolutly, I love Sully but I'd take Gortat over him on this team.

Well, I mean if there was a trade in place for stuff plus either Bradley or Sullinger, would you rather give up Bradley or Sullinger?

sullinger, 100%
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2012, 01:13:27 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

I'd trade them both if it means Gortat is coming, along with some other pieces of course.

Love Sully and AB but we are deep enough in their spots that we can manage their loss and add a Center that solves our problems.

We gotta sacrifice something to get something.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 01:19:40 PM by Yoki_IsTheName »
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2012, 01:39:40 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Given that Bradley's body of quality work is rather brief and he's damaged goods, I'd take a serious look at this deal - depending on what the plan would be to bolster the 2 after it.

I don't share the conviction here at all that Bradley is destined for stardom; there simply isn't enough evidence on him yet to reach that conclusion.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2012, 01:45:43 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Given that Bradley's body of quality work is rather brief and he's damaged goods, I'd take a serious look at this deal - depending on what the plan would be to bolster the 2 after it.

I don't share the conviction here at all that Bradley is destined for stardom; there simply isn't enough evidence on him yet to reach that conclusion.
No there isn't.

The main reason I would prefer to move Sullinger is that if the team is keeping Bass then Sullinger would be largely redundent for this year. KG/Bass/Gortat will eat up almost all of your PF/C minutes.

Bradley is more unique in what he brings and more proven as a prospect.

« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2012, 01:51:08 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Bringing in Gortat won't matter if he arrives only to get the Nenad Krstic treatment from Doc.  What's the point if he's not going to be incorporated into the offense and get constantly Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ed at over his defense?

Mike

« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2012, 01:53:49 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Bringing in Gortat won't matter if he arrives only to get the Nenad Krstic treatment from Doc.  What's the point if he's not going to be incorporated into the offense and get constantly ****ed at over his defense?

Mike

Gortat is a far better player than nenad is, and is actually a very physical defender. You can argue he fouls to much, but physical defense would not be a problem as it was with nenad.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2012, 01:56:46 PM »

Offline Yogi

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 255
You don't trade a 20-year-old who have shown that not only he can play in the NBA but have a shot at being special, who have the attitude and work ethic to reach their potential, who are respected by their hall of fame teammates for a 30 year old who will never be a star.  So whatever the package, it must not include Bradley or Sullinger.  Gortat's salary means that we would have to do Bass/Melo and picks or Lee/Melo/Joseph and picks.
CelticsBlog DKC Pelicans
J. Lin/I. Canaan/N. Wolters
E. Gordon/A. Shved
N. Batum/A. Roberson
A. Davis/K. Olynyk/M. Scott
D. Cousins/A. Baynes/V. Faverani
Rights: A. Abrines, R. Neto, L. Jean-Charles  Coach: M. Williams

« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2012, 01:57:55 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Orlando, Dallas, Boston and Chicago are very interested in Marcin Gortat.

http://nba.przegladsportowy.pl/Koszykowka-NBA-Marcin-Gortat-moze-opuscic-Phoenix-Suns,artykul,151832,2,299.html

Saw the above on Hoopshype.

This is from ESPN (Insider)

The Suns' predicament
Before the season started, ESPN's own John Hollinger pegged Phoenix to finish No. 15 in the Western Conference in 2012-13. That's dead last to you and me.

So it doesn't take a team of experts to tell you that this Suns' team simply don't have the look of a contender. Thus, we have to believe the Suns' brass might have to decide whether dealing Gortat, whose value is at an all-time high, could be the only way this team improves.

It's not that simple, though. Gortat is one of the team's best players, he plays a premium position, and he's one of the league's best bargains -- owed $7,258,960 this season and $7,727,280 in 2013-14.

The Suns certainly don't have to trade him, but if they keep him they'll have to do so with the idea that they'll be able to re-sign him to a long-term deal, however expensive it might be. Keep in mind what Roy Hibbert (four-years, $58 million) and JaVale McGee (four-years, $44 million) signed for as restricted free agents this past offseason.

That said, here are five possible trade partners with Phoenix for Gortat:

1. Boston Celtics | Gortat for Avery Bradley and Courtney Lee

No team makes as much sense as Boston, which badly needs a big man to pair with Kevin Garnett in the frontcourt before the window of opportunity closes in the KG/Paul Pierce era. The Celtics have as many tradeable young talents as any playoff-caliber team, and though they've been very reluctant to include young defensive star Avery Bradley in any deal, they may have to in order to coax Gortat out of the Suns. Bradley would be exactly what the Suns are looking for if they have to move Gortat -- a young, hard-working shooting guard who can come in and fill a position of need.

I like the polish hammer, but I'm not trading our best defensive SG and another defensive backup for a rotation caliber big man.

Now, if it was Lee and someone....mabey

Rotation Caliber big man? Seriously. Gortat averages a double double with 3 blocks a game. That is EXACTLY what we need in the middle. A legit center who wont require the offense to run through him but will still score, can run the floor, and can defend the bucket.

Gortat has been number 2 behind Josh Smith on my wish list for weeks because he fits such a huge need. Dealing Bradley and Lee? I dont think we would deal both of them, one or the other definitely. But I would give up just as much for Gortat as I would for Smith. And if it took both Bradley and Lee I would do it in a heart beat. There is no reason that Terry and Barbosa cant handle the SG spot together.

Rondo/Barbosa
Terry/Barbosa
Pierce/Green
KG/Bass/Sully
Gortat/Wilcox

I think this is great because currently, our best lineup consists of Pierce and Green in the game together at the 2 and the 3. We could play rondo, Pierce, Green, KG, and Gortat in spurts.

Also, who knows how effective Bradley will be coming off of a double shoulder surgery. Id take the establish vet at our greatest weakness over a third year unproven commodity anyday.

« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2012, 02:01:00 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
But if it all worked out right my proposed deal would be Bradley, Bass, Melo, a first and second for Gortat.

Rondo/Barbosa
Terry/Lee
Pierce/Green
KG/Sully/
Gortat/Wilcox

Gives us a great ten man rotation and frees up some of minutes on the depth chart.

« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2012, 02:02:39 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 590
Not AB. The only way the trade would be worth it is if we win it all this year. Does Gortat give us that big of an advantage? I don't think so.

We have size on this team, Doc just needs to let his love for small ball go.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2012, 02:03:54 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Not AB. The only way the trade would be worth it is if we win it all this year. Does Gortat give us that big of an advantage? I don't think so.

We have size on this team, Doc just needs to let his love for small ball go.

Yes he does.

KG and Gortat can control the boards against Miami.  They can close the paint for drivers. 

« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2012, 02:05:56 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Orlando, Dallas, Boston and Chicago are very interested in Marcin Gortat.

http://nba.przegladsportowy.pl/Koszykowka-NBA-Marcin-Gortat-moze-opuscic-Phoenix-Suns,artykul,151832,2,299.html

Saw the above on Hoopshype.

This is from ESPN (Insider)

The Suns' predicament
Before the season started, ESPN's own John Hollinger pegged Phoenix to finish No. 15 in the Western Conference in 2012-13. That's dead last to you and me.

So it doesn't take a team of experts to tell you that this Suns' team simply don't have the look of a contender. Thus, we have to believe the Suns' brass might have to decide whether dealing Gortat, whose value is at an all-time high, could be the only way this team improves.

It's not that simple, though. Gortat is one of the team's best players, he plays a premium position, and he's one of the league's best bargains -- owed $7,258,960 this season and $7,727,280 in 2013-14.

The Suns certainly don't have to trade him, but if they keep him they'll have to do so with the idea that they'll be able to re-sign him to a long-term deal, however expensive it might be. Keep in mind what Roy Hibbert (four-years, $58 million) and JaVale McGee (four-years, $44 million) signed for as restricted free agents this past offseason.

That said, here are five possible trade partners with Phoenix for Gortat:

1. Boston Celtics | Gortat for Avery Bradley and Courtney Lee

No team makes as much sense as Boston, which badly needs a big man to pair with Kevin Garnett in the frontcourt before the window of opportunity closes in the KG/Paul Pierce era. The Celtics have as many tradeable young talents as any playoff-caliber team, and though they've been very reluctant to include young defensive star Avery Bradley in any deal, they may have to in order to coax Gortat out of the Suns. Bradley would be exactly what the Suns are looking for if they have to move Gortat -- a young, hard-working shooting guard who can come in and fill a position of need.

I like the polish hammer, but I'm not trading our best defensive SG and another defensive backup for a rotation caliber big man.

Now, if it was Lee and someone....mabey

Rotation Caliber big man? Seriously. Gortat averages a double double with 3 blocks a game. That is EXACTLY what we need in the middle. A legit center who wont require the offense to run through him but will still score, can run the floor, and can defend the bucket.

Gortat has been number 2 behind Josh Smith on my wish list for weeks because he fits such a huge need. Dealing Bradley and Lee? I dont think we would deal both of them, one or the other definitely. But I would give up just as much for Gortat as I would for Smith. And if it took both Bradley and Lee I would do it in a heart beat. There is no reason that Terry and Barbosa cant handle the SG spot together.

Rondo/Barbosa
Terry/Barbosa
Pierce/Green
KG/Bass/Sully
Gortat/Wilcox

I think this is great because currently, our best lineup consists of Pierce and Green in the game together at the 2 and the 3. We could play rondo, Pierce, Green, KG, and Gortat in spurts.

Also, who knows how effective Bradley will be coming off of a double shoulder surgery. Id take the establish vet at our greatest weakness over a third year unproven commodity anyday.

Yes, rotation caliber big man. Where has he gone that he has ever shown consistant dominance? he's 30, not 25.

When Howard was hurt in Orlando, people expected him to have these huge breakout games, instead he pretty much did in that role what he did off the bench. got garbage points, good rebounder, good defender.

He's a very, very nice player. I would love to have him, but he's not some dominate big man in the league. He's solid, and we need a solid presence in the middle, but not at the expense of both our defensive SG's, one of whom looks like a defensive stud with a possable high upside.

I'd be 100% behind bringing Gortat here, but I'd much prefer the Sully or bass + others packages that have been posted.

« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2012, 02:07:06 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Id do
AB and Bass or Sullinger and Lee