Author Topic: Boston Very Interested in Gortat  (Read 40857 times)

Re: Boston Very Interested in Gortat
« Reply #240 on: November 24, 2012, 05:56:48 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Given that Bradley's body of quality work is rather brief and he's damaged goods, I'd take a serious look at this deal - depending on what the plan would be to bolster the 2 after it.

I don't share the conviction here at all that Bradley is destined for stardom; there simply isn't enough evidence on him yet to reach that conclusion.
No there isn't.

The main reason I would prefer to move Sullinger is that if the team is keeping Bass then Sullinger would be largely redundent for this year. KG/Bass/Gortat will eat up almost all of your PF/C minutes.

Bradley is more unique in what he brings and more proven as a prospect.

I completely agree with this. If you move Lee to make salaries work then you move Sully. If you move Bass to make salaries work then you move AB. Assuming you HAVE to move one of Sully or AB to make the deal work.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #241 on: November 24, 2012, 06:08:31 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Gorat for Jeff Green, + 1st round pick or Sullinger or Melo. Get it done DAnny

The more i think about it, i wish the celts went after Asik harder and put on a take or leave it offer for Jeff Green. Asik has been a double double machine. We could of really used him.

« Reply #242 on: November 24, 2012, 06:16:34 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

The more i think about it, i wish the celts went after Asik harder and put on a take or leave it offer for Jeff Green. Asik has been a double double machine. We could of really used him.

the way the salary cap is structured, we could not have gotten Asik even if we let Green walk.

« Reply #243 on: November 24, 2012, 06:21:09 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Given that Bradley's body of quality work is rather brief and he's damaged goods, I'd take a serious look at this deal - depending on what the plan would be to bolster the 2 after it.

I don't share the conviction here at all that Bradley is destined for stardom; there simply isn't enough evidence on him yet to reach that conclusion.
No there isn't.

The main reason I would prefer to move Sullinger is that if the team is keeping Bass then Sullinger would be largely redundent for this year. KG/Bass/Gortat will eat up almost all of your PF/C minutes.

I completely agree with this. If you move Lee to make salaries work then you move Sully. If you move Bass to make salaries work then you move AB. Assuming you HAVE to move one of Sully or AB to make the deal work.

But why would Phoenix want Sully?  They have Scola locked up for the next few years and last year's lotto pick Morris right behind him.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #244 on: November 24, 2012, 06:37:43 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!

No there isn't.

But why would Phoenix want Sully?  They have Scola locked up for the next few years and last year's lotto pick Morris right behind him.

He's an asset. Just like Scola will be after this season.

« Reply #245 on: November 24, 2012, 06:48:29 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

No there isn't.

Scola is already having his minutes cut a ton to develop Morris. He and Gortat are clear trading pieces that most likely will be moved. (Scola can't be traded for a year due to amnesty rules)

« Reply #246 on: November 24, 2012, 07:22:00 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!

No there isn't.

Scola is already having his minutes cut a ton to develop Morris. He and Gortat are clear trading pieces that most likely will be moved. (Scola can't be traded for a year due to amnesty rules)

I want to say that Scola will be traded next year at the salary clip that Phoenix bid with... If that is correct then he is a solid chip next season.

« Reply #247 on: November 24, 2012, 07:45:38 PM »

Offline mrpoundforpound

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 3

WOuld not include jeff in any trades that won't net a superstar such as lebron or kobe. he has potential to be a rudy gay type player that can actually shoot and make plays.

« Reply #248 on: November 24, 2012, 07:48:42 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429

WOuld not include jeff in any trades that won't net a superstar such as lebron or kobe. he has potential to be a rudy gay type player that can actually shoot and make plays.

How many years has Jeff Green been in the league. When does potential go away and he is what he is -- an average small forward with great physical skills who just does not seem to use them. To me, if he does not break out this year he never will.

« Reply #249 on: November 24, 2012, 07:52:32 PM »

Offline mrpoundforpound

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 3

How many years has Jeff Green been in the league. When does potential go away and he is what he is -- an average small forward with great physical skills who just does not seem to use them. To me, if he does not break out this year he never will.

He's coming off surgery and has only played 10 games since coming back i would give him a year at least. im surpirsed hes as much of a contributer as he is. stop getting on his case it p---es me off in a league where ****s like lebron and kobe and jordan get all the praise and genuine good guys like green get so much hate

« Reply #250 on: November 24, 2012, 07:53:38 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Time is running out, I was hoping his heart surgery would help his lack of heart and give him a mental edge.   I still hope he pans out, when he attacks we win.

« Reply #251 on: November 24, 2012, 09:31:44 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Yeah, like he said: "A Rudy Gay type player."
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #252 on: November 24, 2012, 09:55:56 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I don't think Asik was considering MLE offers.

« Reply #253 on: November 24, 2012, 10:38:58 PM »

Offline Tradetime

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 115
The fact that Gortat's numbers are down, I think he could be had without giving up more than a package of Lee and Melo/Joseph. I definitely wouldn't trade Sullinger for him, the guy has been coming on as of late and giving good contributions as he rotates with Bass in the starting lineup. He is a true power forward, and will be needed to help keep KG fresh down the stretch.

« Reply #254 on: November 29, 2012, 04:12:11 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
The fact that Gortat's numbers are down, I think he could be had without giving up more than a package of Lee and Melo/Joseph. I definitely wouldn't trade Sullinger for him, the guy has been coming on as of late and giving good contributions as he rotates with Bass in the starting lineup. He is a true power forward, and will be needed to help keep KG fresh down the stretch.

He's scored 6 points in 3 of the last4 games with 5 or less boards in each of those 3 games. If we do trade for him we'll have to thank him for driving down his trade value.