Author Topic: Boston Very Interested in Gortat  (Read 40970 times)

Re: Boston Very Interested in Gortat
« Reply #180 on: November 21, 2012, 01:08:33 PM »

Offline blastoidesroidsnoids

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
If DA could make it happen without trading Bradley, Green or any of the big 3 I'd be for it.  But if not, then simply no.  Gortats not good enough to be that guy.

« Reply #181 on: November 21, 2012, 01:28:04 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Idk about Gortat, mostly because I like KG at the 5 so much. I think at this point, I'd see how AB comes back from injury and consider packaging C.Lee, Bass, and some 1st's for a quick/athletic PF that can crash the boards and take some of that load off KG.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #182 on: November 21, 2012, 01:55:39 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Idk about Gortat, mostly because I like KG at the 5 so much. I think at this point, I'd see how AB comes back from injury and consider packaging C.Lee, Bass, and some 1st's for a quick/athletic PF that can crash the boards and take some of that load off KG.

This ^^^

« Reply #183 on: November 21, 2012, 02:07:54 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
If DA could make it happen without trading Bradley, Green or any of the big 3 I'd be for it.  But if not, then simply no.  Gortats not good enough to be that guy.

I don't know... Gortat with Nash was very good. He also isn't overpaid which is rare for a Center. I would expect him and Rondo to be very good together also for the next 5-8 years.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #184 on: November 21, 2012, 02:39:12 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I don't see why so many people want to trade Avery Bradley for anyone.

They want to make a trade for the sake of making a deal, and see Bradley as the best trade chip.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #185 on: November 21, 2012, 02:49:52 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I don't see why so many people want to trade Avery Bradley for anyone.

They want to make a trade for the sake of making a deal, and see Bradley as the best trade chip.
Trading to address a serious deficiency, interior defense and rebounding beyond KG, isn't just making a trade for the sake of making a deal.

« Reply #186 on: November 21, 2012, 03:13:03 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Looking at the stats so far this season (I realize it's a small sample size) the c's are struggling in 2 areas fg% against (24th) and rebounding differential they are dead last(-5.3 per game , that's worse than last year when they finished 3rd to last with -4.4 a game)

Obviously Bradley would greatly help the perimeter defense and should keep opposing pg's and smaller two guards in check, but does that help with rebounding that much ? I guess you could say it allows our big men to get in better rebounding position . Does anyone know the rebounding differential from last season when Bradley took over the starting job? I would be really interested to see that.

Or would someone like Gortat have a bigger impact for the team ? He is not an elite low post defender, but he is a pretty good and versatile one. He strong enough play solid low post defense against bigger centers, is a good shot blocker, and is mobile enough to guard the pick and roll.

I know it's early , but I still think it's going to be Miami and LA that the C's have to go through . Sure you can say Bradley can limit Wade , but Lebron is really the one you have to stop. Having twin towers protecting the rim would make it much harder for Lebron to finish inside forcing him to take more jumpers. This has been the formula to beat Miami as Dallas did with Nowitzki and Chandler 2 years ago. Memphis exploited Miami the past few years too with Gasol and Randolph .

Then if we got by Miami and face LA in the finals I think Gortat would be more valuable than Bradley because he can guard both Gasol and Howard . I think Kobe is to big for Bradley to guard and Rondo can defend Nash so having a legit center would be more of an advantage in that series too

Man I am torn on this , but I think you have to go with the big man who is still only 28 and a double/double machine and inside presence on defense

« Reply #187 on: November 21, 2012, 03:21:42 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I'm of the opinion that we trade Bradley now while his value is relatively high with his breakout performance last year and his cheap rookie contract. If not for Gortat then for someone else of good value, because I really don't see Bradley holding up physically long term considering the way he plays and the injuries he has already had in his brief career. He had ankle surgery his rookie year, and double shoulder surgery this past season. He has not had a single year in the pros in which he has made it through relatively healthy, and he plays so physically and all out that I don't think he will last very long.

It's a fair point that if we win it all, we need to go through miami and the lakers and Bradley would help to slow down Wade. With Wade's own deteriorating heath though, I don't think that should be our primary concern. Adding a center like Gortat helps close up the middle with KG at PF for either Wade or Lebron's penetration, and it goes a long way in helping slow down Dwight Howard in the finals.

« Reply #188 on: November 21, 2012, 03:27:29 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I'm of the opinion that we trade Bradley now while his value is relatively high with his breakout performance last year and his cheap rookie contract. If not for Gortat then for someone else of good value, because I really don't see Bradley holding up physically long term considering the way he plays and the injuries he has already had in his brief career. He had ankle surgery his rookie year, and double shoulder surgery this past season. He has not had a single year in the pros in which he has made it through relatively healthy, and he plays so physically and all out that I don't think he will last very long.

It's a fair point that if we win it all, we need to go through miami and the lakers and Bradley would help to slow down Wade. With Wade's own deteriorating heath though, I don't think that should be our primary concern. Adding a center like Gortat helps close up the middle with KG at PF for either Wade or Lebron's penetration, and it goes a long way in helping slow down Dwight Howard in the finals.

If we trade Bradley, do we really lose much on defense with Lee?

Also, we need rim protection to beat Miami. Period. No way around it. And KG alone isn't enough.

I love Bradley, would hate to lose him, but unless there's another way to get a solid big such as Gortat (and I haven't heard of one), Bradley may have to be the price we pay.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #189 on: November 21, 2012, 03:29:01 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I need someone better than Gortat to part with Bradley at this point in time.

« Reply #190 on: November 21, 2012, 03:31:25 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

I hear the sixers may want to move Bynum and his bum knees now that he's out for the year ;D

« Reply #191 on: November 21, 2012, 03:50:00 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

I hear the sixers may want to move Bynum and his bum knees now that he's out for the year ;D

Trade em  sign  n trade  Collins for Bynum,  worth a gamgle he might want to take huge amounts of pills and injections for another year and finish the job on his knee joints, he'll be getting rid of them anyway soon.

« Reply #192 on: November 21, 2012, 03:56:56 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156

Also, we need rim protection to beat Miami. Period. No way around it. And KG alone isn't enough.

I love Bradley, would hate to lose him, but unless there's another way to get a solid big such as Gortat (and I haven't heard of one), Bradley may have to be the price we pay.

I'll echo this. I think if you can get a big with the talent of Gortat, especially with all the sg we have on the roster, you do it.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #193 on: November 21, 2012, 03:59:13 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

I'll echo this. I think if you can get a big with the talent of Gortat, especially with all the sg we have on the roster, you do it.

I fully agree. Bradley is a better defender than Lee, but Lee is a solid defensive guard. If you can get a legit big man to start next to KG this is an easy decision imo. Clogging up the middle will help against Wade and Lebron as well as Dwight.

« Reply #194 on: November 21, 2012, 03:59:55 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Yep.  I would include either Lee or AB.  (still don't get the rumor/idea of both for Phoenix)