Author Topic: Boston Very Interested in Gortat  (Read 40870 times)

Re: Boston Very Interested in Gortat
« Reply #105 on: November 19, 2012, 08:07:14 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

I like the polish hammer, but I'm not trading our best defensive SG and another defensive backup for a rotation caliber big man.

Now, if it was Lee and someone....mabey

I hate to give up Bradley too, but Gortat is VERY good.  His scoring numbers are down a bit this year, but that is largely because he is a pick and roll big man, and his PG is gone.  Put him with Rondo, and he would be a monster in the East.

Are you comfortable with Jason Terry as your starting 2 defensivly, with Barbosa as his backup?

If you got Gortat that pushes many of KG's minutes to pf, pushing most (if not all) of Green's minutes to sf, giving a fair amount of sg minutes to Pierce.

I'm not real comfrotabel at the moment with any of those three things happening.

1. I'm not convinced KG can cover/ exploit other PF's anymore. HE looked pretty cooked last year prior to going up against C's and defending them on the other end allowing him to play everyone in the paint, if this trade went through I'd rather Gortat play the 4 and P & R them to death with Rondo.

2. I'm very doubtful Pierce can play the 2 defensivly for long stretches.

3. Unless he shows marked improvement, I don't want JG playing alot more minutes, or becoming a starter to move Pierce to the 2.

If this trade did go down, I think I'd rather sign MP back and let him play the 2.

I don't know what works with cap and all but giving up Bradley seems very short sighted. Id throw Lee and Sullinger in and Id feel bad about about that too but I expect Avery to become great and Sullinger, not so much. Gortat will be very good with KG

I would trade Bradley but would not throw in Sullinger.

« Reply #106 on: November 19, 2012, 08:13:09 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
I love Gortat, and really wanted the C's to get him when he was still Dwight's backup. A lot of Celticsblog posters laughted at that. Oh well, in retrospect would have been an absolute steal.

He would be perfect for this team. True size, thrives in pick and roll offense, great rebounder, good offensive touch and versatility. He would instantly improve our team tremendously.

A package of:
Bass+Sully
Bass+Avery
Green+Sully
Green+Avery (with the green deals bringing back extra filler like Telfair from PHO).

The C's would have to take such deal. They would probably have to add a pick in to any of the deals, especially the sully ones.

« Reply #107 on: November 19, 2012, 08:14:02 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367

I like the polish hammer, but I'm not trading our best defensive SG and another defensive backup for a rotation caliber big man.

Now, if it was Lee and someone....mabey

I hate to give up Bradley too, but Gortat is VERY good.  His scoring numbers are down a bit this year, but that is largely because he is a pick and roll big man, and his PG is gone.  Put him with Rondo, and he would be a monster in the East.

Are you comfortable with Jason Terry as your starting 2 defensivly, with Barbosa as his backup?

If you got Gortat that pushes many of KG's minutes to pf, pushing most (if not all) of Green's minutes to sf, giving a fair amount of sg minutes to Pierce.

I'm not real comfrotabel at the moment with any of those three things happening.

1. I'm not convinced KG can cover/ exploit other PF's anymore. HE looked pretty cooked last year prior to going up against C's and defending them on the other end allowing him to play everyone in the paint, if this trade went through I'd rather Gortat play the 4 and P & R them to death with Rondo.

2. I'm very doubtful Pierce can play the 2 defensivly for long stretches.

3. Unless he shows marked improvement, I don't want JG playing alot more minutes, or becoming a starter to move Pierce to the 2.

If this trade did go down, I think I'd rather sign MP back and let him play the 2.

I don't know what works with cap and all but giving up Bradley seems very short sighted. Id throw Lee and Sullinger in and Id feel bad about about that too but I expect Avery to become great and Sullinger, not so much. Gortat will be very good with KG

I would trade Bradley but would not throw in Sullinger.

Same.

« Reply #108 on: November 19, 2012, 08:16:25 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I love Gortat, and really wanted the C's to get him when he was still Dwight's backup. A lot of Celticsblog posters laughted at that. Oh well, in retrospect would have been an absolute steal.

He would be perfect for this team. True size, thrives in pick and roll offense, great rebounder, good offensive touch and versatility. He would instantly improve our team tremendously.

A package of:
Bass+Sully
Bass+Avery
Green+Sully
Green+Avery (with the green deals bringing back extra filler like Telfair from PHO).

The C's would have to take such deal. They would probably have to add a pick in to any of the deals, especially the sully ones.

No sense in trading both Bass and Sully, we need a backup PF so we need to keep one of them. I wouldn't trade Sully anyway, he's a legit NBA starter with a very bright future. We also need to keep Green for a backup wing. I would go with:

Bradley, Bass, Melo and a second round pick

« Reply #109 on: November 19, 2012, 08:39:48 PM »

Offline mattstermh

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Bradley is untouchable IMO.

« Reply #110 on: November 19, 2012, 09:05:16 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

You're a smart man and don't let anyone tell you differently sir.

« Reply #111 on: November 19, 2012, 09:15:31 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Would love Gortat because he's a real rim defender and he can rebound, something this team needs. Unfortunately I just don't see how the C's get him without overpaying.

« Reply #112 on: November 19, 2012, 09:30:29 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Yes, preferably for Lee/Sully or Lee/Bass.

« Reply #113 on: November 19, 2012, 10:28:54 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
In the recent thread: "Mid-Season Trade: Who Best Fits the Celtics? J.Smith, A.Jefferson, or A.Varejao?"

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=60614.0

I posted the following:

"I pick "none of the above."

What would it take to pry away Gortat from the Suns.

He's my 1st choice. What can we get the Suns to get him? What do they want? Do we need to get a 3rd team involved.

They are always looking to save $$$$. What about Sullinger/Melo/Bradley and whatever filler is needed (maybe an expiring from a 3rd team?)

I know we are trading our future, but Gortat and KG and Wilcox and Bass and Green sound like more than enough of a frontcourt. 18 and even 19 would be in play with that group. The future, not so much, but it seems like we are about the here and now.

I stand by those words.

« Reply #114 on: November 19, 2012, 10:59:34 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
In the recent thread: "Mid-Season Trade: Who Best Fits the Celtics? J.Smith, A.Jefferson, or A.Varejao?"

I posted the following:

He's my 1st choice. What can we get the Suns to get him? What do they want? Do we need to get a 3rd team involved.

They are always looking to save $$$$. What about Sullinger/Melo/Bradley and whatever filler is needed (maybe an expiring from a 3rd team?)

I know we are trading our future, but Gortat and KG and Wilcox and Bass and Green sound like more than enough of a frontcourt. 18 and even 19 would be in play with that group. The future, not so much, but it seems like we are about the here and now.

I stand by those words.

Giving away 3 young guys with tons of potential for a euro center that's not playoff proven just rings alarm bells for me.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #115 on: November 19, 2012, 11:00:24 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Newly signed free agents can't be traded until jan 15th i believe. Also, again, me no like trading our rising star avery bradley! No way no how.

« Reply #116 on: November 19, 2012, 11:01:11 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

I posted the following:

I stand by those words.

Giving away 3 young guys with tons of potential for a euro center that's not playoff proven just rings alarm bells for me.

Your mother loves you sir.

« Reply #117 on: November 19, 2012, 11:05:26 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

I posted the following:

I stand by those words.

TP !!Totally agree .  They can have the old men ..NOT the kids
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 11:11:19 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #118 on: November 20, 2012, 12:14:10 AM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81

I posted the following:

I stand by those words.

TP !!Totally agree .  They can have the old men ..NOT the kids
As far as im concerned, Avery and Sully are off limits in most of these trade ideas.

« Reply #119 on: November 20, 2012, 12:16:24 AM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81

You're a smart man and don't let anyone tell you differently sir.
TP to the guy who said it and you for agreeing.