Author Topic: NBA Knucklehead Fantasy Game (Players Wanted)  (Read 1670 times)

NBA Knucklehead Fantasy Game (Players Wanted)
« on: November 19, 2012, 11:28:45 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Ok, so posting this to see if there is any interest in this silly game I came up with. If we get 10 teams we’ll do it, if we get a lot of interest we can expand it pre draft. 

Ladies and Gentlemen, the NBA knucklehead Draft!

Rules: Five Rounds, must draft 2 Guards and 2 Forwards, last player can be either. If one of your 5 is injured for a significant time during the year, you may drop them via this thread and pick up a replacement from anywhere in the league. Outside significant injury (lets call it more than a month) no Add/Drops allowed.

Alternativly, we could do 3 rounds if people only want to follow 3 guys for the year

Trades are acceptable as long as both teams have 5 players at the end and conform to the 2 guard and 2 forward rule.

So how does this work? We will follow our teams player’s for the entire year. Owners are responsible for posting Scoring plays in this thread, and Myself and (god willing) a few volunteer Co-official scorers will update the Totals on Page One throughout the year.

In the event of “scoring plays” that are borderline calls, I’ll make the final call on if it counts, but discussion is of course encouraged in the thread.

So how Do you Score? See below for point system.

NBA Knucklehead Scoring Rules

In Game Conduct/ related conduct

Flopping Warning- 10 points
Flopping Fine- 15 points
Flopping Suspension- 30 points
Technical Foul – 2 Points
Technical Foul limit Suspension – 25 points
Foul out – 10 points
Flagrant 1 – 15 points
Flagrant 2 ejection – 30 points
Double T ejection – 15 Points
Suspension stemming from in game conduct (i.e tossed a elbow, got extra games for the flagrant 2 ect) – 10 points per game
Takes Shirt off during Ejection - +5 points
Suspension for PED’s – 15 Points per game

Out Game Conduct

DWI arrest – 50 Points
Gun Charge Arrest – 100 Points
Physical Assault arrest – 50 Points
Settles Lawsuit – 10 Points/per 200K (if not reported, 30 points or 50 if reported as “north of 7 figures”)
Misdemnor – 20 points
Comment in media throwing Coach under bus – 10 points
Comments Throwing Teammates under bus as a group – 10 points
Comments throwing NAMED teammate under the bus – 15 Points per teammate
Demands Trade in the media – 25 Points
Gets traded after demand – 75 points

SOCIAL MEDIA scoring

Photo posted on social media showing player extremely drunk – 25 points
Photo posted showing Illegal drugs or drug paraphernalia in plain view (aka “the Beasley”) – 50 points
Photo posted involving nudity or near nudity that makes photo NSFW (aka “the JR smith”) – 30 points
Social Media post by player with a Slur of any kind – 25 points
Social Media post calling out a member of the media directly – 15 points
Cheating outed on Social media – 50 Points

So let me know what you guys think, any intrest, ect.

Also I think since were 11 games in but to my knowledge there’s been no major scandals, if you pick a guy and he’s had Techs, flopping warnings, ect, those should count, so we’ll just score them retroactively.

So yea, anyway, post what you think, if we get interest I’d like to get it going fairly soon. Just a fun goofy game I think.

Also mabey we could do prizes for top individual scorer for the year in each catagory, total team score winner, ect.

TP's are the only prize I think we could offer
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 11:50:46 AM by crownsy »
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

Re: NBA Knucklehead Fantasy Game
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 11:29:25 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
(Place Holder Post for Team Scores if we Play)
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

Re: NBA Knucklehead Fantasy Game (Players Wanted)
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 12:30:36 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
So after consoltation with some people in another thread about this being too much work to follow, would this be of more intrest to people if we limited it to easy to check stuff, so essentially the on the court stuff (techs, flop warnings, foul outs) and suspensions?

Most of that stuff is tracked on nba.com, so it wouldnt be as hard to update once in awhile, rather than looking for news on your guys.

Or limiting it to 3 guys so it's easier to follow?

Or does this sound lame in general, which is also a valid point  ;)