Author Topic: When did the C's last have a great rebounder?  (Read 6772 times)

Re: When did the C's last have a great rebounder?
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2012, 05:46:57 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
Leon Powe...!

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2012, 05:51:01 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • You say when......
Bass is actually the perfect build of a rebonder, those shoulders are as wide as Texas, he is strong, and  savvy, he SHOULD be in there getting that dern ball...sully also.....it is docs system, and if you lived here in MA, you would have seen / read the direct quotes from DOC that he has NO desire for rebounds, and only wants the guys to turn and run.....run away....from the "O" rebound.....THAT is the signature of a guy who will not learn something he should already know.

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2012, 06:07:31 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Leon Powe...!

Get real 10 RBG and above is a great rebounder.  Bird and Parrish were our lack great rebounders.

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2012, 06:13:50 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Imagine if Kenneth Faried fell to us instead of Jajuan Johnson...  We probably wouldn't have Lee now, but I'd love me some Manimal right now.  Dude's a stud.

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2012, 06:21:56 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Danny Fortson.  My favorite Celtics rebounder of all time.

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2012, 07:03:47 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2501
Bass is actually the perfect build of a rebonder, those shoulders are as wide as Texas, he is strong, and  savvy, he SHOULD be in there getting that dern ball...sully also.....it is docs system, and if you lived here in MA, you would have seen / read the direct quotes from DOC that he has NO desire for rebounds, and only wants the guys to turn and run.....run away....from the "O" rebound.....THAT is the signature of a guy who will not learn something he should already know.
[/b]

That, or he thinks his system works.  1 championship, 1 Finals game 7 and 1 ECF game 7 in 5 years.  He has an arguement.

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2012, 07:10:11 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
KG pre-injury.

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2012, 07:40:12 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2501
My guess is Larry Bird, Kevin McHale and Robert Parish. DJ was an outstanding Rebouneder for a 2 guard.

??   So you are saying DJ was not a POINT GUARD?

I'd say DJ was a great defender before I'd say he was a great rebounder -- but he was darn good at just about everything. He remade himself multiple times in his career based pn the needs of his team. 
He was a 2-guard and a scorer before Boston. At Boston he did play PG and was a distributor more than a scorer on offense, but he also played with Danny who could distribute and Larry Bird who was as good a passer as there has ever been.   DJ did play PG in Boston but with an unconventional team around him.  Not sure that he ever led the C's in assists (maybe he did, but I am sure he didn't every year).  Ainge, Bird and DJ all had comparable assists numbers.

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2012, 08:45:17 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
This is why I was hoping Kenneth Faried would fall to us a couple of years ago. Alot of ppl didnt think he would be any good b/c he played at Morehead but i knew he would make it. Still cant believe he drop to 22nd in the draft.
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2012, 09:12:38 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Sorry to mention the name, but it was probably Antoine.

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2012, 09:22:26 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • You say when......
[/b]

That, or he thinks his system works.  1 championship, 1 Finals game 7 and 1 ECF game 7 in 5 years.  He has an arguement.

THAT, is not at all true, with the team he had Scalabrine could have coached it to a championship, besides, KG mostly ran the team anyway. The deal is how could he have gotten only ONE ring out of that lineup when the league was wide open for them to rule......!

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2012, 09:26:27 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
[/b]

THAT, is not at all true, with the team he had Scalabrine could have coached it to a championship, besides, KG mostly ran the team anyway. The deal is how could he have gotten only ONE ring out of that lineup when the league was wide open for them to rule......!

Nah, I think Scal will be a great coach when his time comes.

More like KC Jones.  The only way he wasn't getting a couple of chips as a coach would've been if he ran over Larry in the parking lot.

Doc's been coaching teams with 3-4 allstars.  They're supposed to win.  When he had only 1 allstar in his prime (pierce), the were outsiders to even make the playoffs.

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2012, 10:06:46 PM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Right around when Al Jefferson was traded, he was becoming a consistent rebounder and a terrific offensive threat. He is still doing some of that, but not as dominating and consistant as he was when he was with us.

How about this though... Mark Blount! I mean, for that one season where he was looking for a paycheck and was actually trying, he was an incredible rebounder. Didn't he have something like a 20+ game streak of 10 or more rebounds towards the end of that season? I also remember that he was the first Celtic player to have 20 points and 20 rebounds in a game since mid '90s.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2012, 09:43:48 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Right around when Al Jefferson was traded, he was becoming a consistent rebounder and a terrific offensive threat. He is still doing some of that, but not as dominating and consistant as he was when he was with us.

How about this though... Mark Blount! I mean, for that one season where he was looking for a paycheck and was actually trying, he was an incredible rebounder. Didn't he have something like a 20+ game streak of 10 or more rebounds towards the end of that season? I also remember that he was the first Celtic player to have 20 points and 20 rebounds in a game since mid '90s.
I think I just felt the turkey and stuffing roll over in my stomach.

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2012, 11:26:23 PM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76