Poll

If we could change one area on this team and improve what would it be?

Find another legit rebounder and play him
3 (20%)
Sign K Mart or a player like him
1 (6.7%)
Stop playing small ball so much
6 (40%)
Wait patiently a few months to see if we get  better
3 (20%)
Trade for any superstar to upgrade talent
2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: If we could fix one thing ?  (Read 977 times)

If we could fix one thing ?
« on: November 22, 2012, 10:49:50 AM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
I guess I am a little frustrated like some other fans might be with our first few games. I am not happy with the consistency, rebounding or offensive cohesion so far. I know we have added a few new players and Doc is figuring out how they fit. They do have talent, I am convinced of that, but are they the right 'fit'?

I do not like the small ball approach results so far. I am sure Doc thinks he has to play certain combinations but is it just that he feels they are the best he has? Small ball has its place to be sure, but it seems it is all we have beyond our starters.

I am not sure about wholesale roster changes at this stage of the season. I do not believe Danny would change anything until Avery Bradley is back and we see how much that helps.

I do not believe we should single out any particular player at his stage because nearly all have had good games. They are just not consistent in performance enough beyond Rondo IMO.

For me, I want to improve rebounding at this point. That is my binky and I think a lot of other things fall into place. I know some will say it is the system and not the players. That may be true, but you simply cant give the other team multiple shot attempts and extra possessions without paying for it in some fashion. It must be adressed or this will be a long painful few months ahead.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 10:55:24 AM by billysan »
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

Re: If we could fix one thing ?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 11:38:16 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I would like a poll entry on our D which is very porous at this point.

One good shot blocking big could solve several of the poll entries you mention, one would hope it would add rebounds, end small ball and bolster the D.

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 11:59:48 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Doc is too inlove with tiny ball to abandon it. He wants to be like miami so bad but hes lacking the beast known as lebron james.

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 12:34:48 PM »

Offline celtics2

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 42
Fire Management!!!! It sucks, spinning it's wheels, no foresight, they used up their Lifetime Genie trick with the Allen KG trades. Now they are milking it. Looks ugly.
Either Management hasn't given Coaching what it needs or Coaching doesn't have a clue. It's so early in the season I blame Coaching. Subject to change. If we don't make the playoffs barring injuries it would be one of the worst disasters compared to early predictive noises we'd be a contender.

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 12:39:43 PM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Put kg in the time machine and turn him into 2004 kg. Never do the Jeff green trade.

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 01:50:37 AM »

Offline mrpoundforpound

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 3
Put kg in the time machine and turn him into 2004 kg. Never do the Jeff green trade.

I'm sick of fans blaming Jeff Green. He's is not the problem. Jeff is one of the few bright spots in the celtics future and feel much better we have a player of his caliber to build around into the future as opposed to perkins the black hole on offense.

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 01:58:08 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Get the personnel we currently have to put a concerted effort into boxing out for rebounds...

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 11:07:57 AM »

Offline OmarSekou

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 93
I'd fix Avery Bradley's shoulders. Let's see what we look like with the full roster before redesigning the gameplan. I can live with .500 and growing pains if it looks like we're fixing our issues on D. I'm just worried the Knicks might pull away.

Wanted to add that I think Bradley's intensity and energy is infectious. And with 2-3 quality options to back him up, Doc can just say "don't worry about pacing yourself, play as hard as you can whenever you're in." My biggest concern with Bradley has been his health and his durability playing long minutes with his style. I think both of those things can be monitored this year because of our depth.
"Suit up every day."

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2012, 11:49:48 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I do think BRadley would help defensive intensity as well.  He sets a tone, something KG has not been able to do this year.