Author Topic: This is too much and way too frustrating! All the talent my foot  (Read 6554 times)

Re: I am done with this team. All the talent my foot
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2012, 09:54:45 PM »

Offline badshar

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72
Haha, I can't believe this. I am constantly insulted on other basketball boards for cheering on for the Celtics. I am insulted even more on the Celtics board. Great!

My wording might have been wrong, but I am frustrated with the fact that they make the exact same mistakes every game despite acknowledging it in the public.

You guys can call me bandwagon, if that pleases you. I am obviously not going to switch teams. I would have done that 4 years ago when KG got injured and all hopes of title went out the window. Its hard to believe that fans just like me thought I was a bandwagon. :(  :'(

Dont go and completely diss the entire organisation on a celtics board when the team is 6 wins and 6 losses.

What sort of response were you expecting? Beer and skittles from all your fellow disgruntled long time fans?

People here want this team to succeed.

1. I am not dissing anyone. Neither the the Celtics organization nor the fans.
- It is not my intent to diss anyone either.
2. I didn't expect people to think I am a bandwagoner just because I said I am frustrated by how this team is doing.
3. Uhm, I want this team to succeed too.

« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2012, 10:12:31 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
I didn't expect people to think I am a bandwagoner just because I said I am frustrated by how this team is doing.

u said more than u are frustrated.  look at this part of the title of the thread you provided..."I am done with this team"

#deuces

« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2012, 10:37:03 PM »

Offline badshar

• Jaylen Brown
I didn't expect people to think I am a bandwagoner just because I said I am frustrated by how this team is doing.

u said more than u are frustrated.  look at this part of the title of the thread you provided..."I am done with this team"

#deuces

"Done" doesn't necessarily mean I am leaving my fanship of a team.

« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2012, 10:42:00 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

#deuces

ok, i will bite.....

what are u "done" with, regarding this team?

« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2012, 11:09:35 PM »

Offline badshar

• Jaylen Brown

#deuces

ok, i will bite.....

what are u "done" with, regarding this team?
I guess I wasn't clear.
When I say I am "done," I mean I am tired of thinking they will improve it the next game, because they just don't. They sure do make more mistakes though.

Still though, I rarely post anything, but visit this board consistently and view threads here. I have seen people write much worse things and no one question their fanship of the Celtics, yet I get called a bandwagoner despite stating in my post that I am frustrated with how they are playing.

« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2012, 11:20:45 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
The cool thing about having KG and Paul Pierce on your team is that you've always got a chance. I'm disappointed, but not dispondent. Give it a little while the weather will change.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2012, 11:44:12 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Haha, I can't believe this. I am constantly insulted on other basketball boards for cheering on for the Celtics. I am insulted even more on the Celtics board. Great!

My wording might have been wrong, but I am frustrated with the fact that they make the exact same mistakes every game despite acknowledging it in the public.

You guys can call me bandwagon, if that pleases you. I am obviously not going to switch teams. I would have done that 4 years ago when KG got injured and all hopes of title went out the window. Its hard to believe that fans just like me thought I was a bandwagon. :(  :'(

Dont go and completely diss the entire organisation on a celtics board when the team is 6 wins and 6 losses.

What sort of response were you expecting? Beer and skittles from all your fellow disgruntled long time fans?

2. I didn't expect people to think I am a bandwagoner just because I said I am frustrated by how this team is doing.
The title of a thread usually is a summation of the main idea you're putting forth, and "done", in this respect, means finished ... there's really no other way to interpret it.

That's why people reacted to it the way they did, because being frustrated with this team and being finished with it are two very different things.

I've certainly had people misinterpret my meaning here before, (as most everyone has at one time or another), but your thread title is what initially impacts people the most, and what they take to heart.

Not criticizing you here, just trying to help you see why people are reacting the way they are, (as I did). Maybe just a tweaking of the title would get your true point across more effectively.

I think we're all a bit frustrated with the way things are going, but having lived and been a fan through the "lean years", trust me when I say it can get far, far worse, and we have more to be hopeful about than it may seem.

Don't take it personally, though, (take it from somebody who has trouble with that himself), it's primarily just folks misunderstanding your intent because of the title.

It all makes for good discussion, and you've clarified your meaning pretty sufficiently. TP for hanging in there, and I for one hope you'll stick around and keep contributing.

It's my personal experience that sometimes from such misunderstandings comes a great deal of growth and knowledge, and we all benefit from that. ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2012, 11:58:14 PM »

Offline badshar

• Jaylen Brown

The title of a thread usually is a summation of the main idea you're putting forth, and "done", in this respect, means finished ... there's really no other way to interpret it.

That's why people reacted to it the way they did, because being frustrated with this team and being finished with it are two very different things.

I've certainly had people misinterpret my meaning here before, (as most everyone has at one time or another), but your thread title is what initially impacts people the most, and what they take to heart.

Not criticizing you here, just trying to help you see why people are reacting the way they are, (as I did). Maybe just a tweaking of the title would get your true point across more effectively.

I think we're all a bit frustrated with the way things are going, but having lived and been a fan through the "lean years", trust me when I say it can get far, far worse, and we have more to be hopeful about than it may seem.

Don't take it personally, though, (take it from somebody who has trouble with that himself), it's primarily just folks misunderstanding your intent because of the title.

It all makes for good discussion, and you've clarified your meaning pretty sufficiently. TP for hanging in there, and I for one hope you'll stick around and keep contributing.

It's my personal experience that sometimes from such misunderstandings comes a great deal of growth and knowledge, and we all benefit from that. ;)
Thank you for your support. I truly appreciate it. That said, I agree the title was wrong and played a significant part in people misunderstanding my point. I will change the title now. Once again, I appreciate your post. Thank You!  :D :) :)