Author Topic: This Team is going to be so Fustrating to watch all Year  (Read 402 times)

This Team is going to be so Fustrating to watch all Year
« on: November 19, 2012, 10:06:22 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Well, We've seen 11 games now, and as much as I had hoped the new guys would get them off the "well, we just need to show up and we'll win 50 games and make the playoffs" mentality they haven't.

To some extent i understand they feel the need to coast, but they are consistantly predictable. They get a game or two over .500, and unless the next game is against a marquee opponent, they come up lifeless and just try to do enough to get to the Fourth Quarter in a close game and turn it on for a 12 minute stretch.

And man, is it going to be fustrating all year. For example I bet this week we play high quaility, competitive basketball vs the Spurs and Nets, but if we win 1 or both those games, we'll coast the next few games.

Can't wait to see this over all 82...Hopefully we can turn it on come playoff time.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

Re: This Team is going to be so Fustrating to watch all Year
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 10:31:14 AM »

Offline celtics2

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 42
Barring injury to a main character we will make the playoffs. Celtic fans have to win a Championship every season. Write Management. Boston needs better Basketball minds.

Re: This Team is going to be so Fustrating to watch all Year
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 10:40:25 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I think this team is going to actually be less frustrating than they have been the last few years. 

I think so far this season, we have seen a bit of a rollercoaster at least partially due to the roster turnover, along with a quirk in the schedule.

It took a while for the new guys to get comfortable in the system (and some are still working it out), which really put a ton on the shoulders of the returning guys in the first couple weeks.  And then as the new guys have started to settle in, you have the toll that the first few weeks took on the older guys starting to show up, and compounded by 7 games in 10 nights.

But, the depth is there, and I think once things even out a bit, that depth is going to really help this team fight the cruise control issues they have had in the past, because they will have other options to go to, when Pierce or Rondo, or someone else is off. 

This team is not a 60 win team.  That much I think we know.  But, I think they will settle in nicely, and cruise into the playoffs in (at worst) the middle of the pack, if not winning the Atlantic.