Author Topic: You Know How I Feel After Watching This Pistons Celtics Game!!!??!  (Read 4979 times)

Re: You Know How I Feel After Watching This Pistons Celtics Game!!!??!
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2012, 03:48:37 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I dont really like the fact that the streak did continue.

Starting to become a distraction and detrimental to how he is running the offense.
i thought about that but really, is rondo passing the ball trying to get a score really any different offense?

Yeah, people act like he's Dana Barros jacking up 8-9 threes trying to keep a streak alive. He's passing the ball to people so they can take relatively wide open shots.

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2012, 07:50:39 AM »

Offline drax

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 15
I know i'll get some criticism for this post, but Rajon was awful. He got so many scoring opportunities in the 3rd qrt, but he just got the streak in his head. He was hot in the first half with 4-5 FGM and 2-2 from Downtown, why did he force his teammates to shoot instead of drinving more and get the defenders attention.

Really tough loss, i'm disappointed how the game was lost. 

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2012, 07:56:13 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2012, 08:22:22 AM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
no real excuse for that one...the pistons are atrocious, laughable and pathetic..the best part of the pistons is there PA announcer, that says enough.
I dont think its a good sign considering our bench should be able to beat the Pistons, but yet new guys continue to fumble and bumble in docs horrible system.
ultimately doesnt mean much, looks to me theyre following last seasons path as opposed to the ones prior to that where they come out almost unbeatable through the first few months...

rondos streak continues, suprisingly when no one could hit the broad side of the barn....maybe its better it ends at this point though considering hes obviously worried about it and nights like last he needs to dominate scoring the ball, period...the worst starting player in the league was on you bro...go to the hole

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2012, 08:26:01 AM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
I know i'll get some criticism for this post, but Rajon was awful. He got so many scoring opportunities in the 3rd qrt, but he just got the streak in his head. He was hot in the first half with 4-5 FGM and 2-2 from Downtown, why did he force his teammates to shoot instead of drinving more and get the defenders attention.

Really tough loss, i'm disappointed how the game was lost.

its fine if you think he was awful, just realize everyone else was even more awful, like an above poster said he passed to guys for wide open shots and they missed. I do agree he needs to look to score more then pass against the pistons though, just does

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2012, 08:47:02 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I don't think Rondo played differently till the late 4th trying to keep the streak alive. At that point the game was over anyways as it was 20 points with a few minutes to go.

Before then he was just playing his game, but the Pistons knew we weren't hitting jumpers and were just packing the paint as much as they could.

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2012, 09:00:49 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Rondos streak was really the only thing worth rooting for last night and I was very excited when he got it. I feel like the pistons stat guys were trying to have him not get it because he had way more than 10 assists

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2012, 09:38:39 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
I don't think Rondo played differently till the late 4th trying to keep the streak alive. At that point the game was over anyways as it was 20 points with a few minutes to go.

Before then he was just playing his game, but the Pistons knew we weren't hitting jumpers and were just packing the paint as much as they could.

Exactly, he didn't start going for it until the game was clearly lost already and i have no problem with that. Before that he was playing the game he ALWAYS plays. Hes a pass first PG he always has been and now all of a sudden people are acting like he doesn't always play like this? He got his teammates wide open looks and they missed and somehow that's his fault? Give me a break.

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2012, 09:47:37 AM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
Rondos streak was really the only thing worth rooting for last night and I was very excited when he got it. I feel like the pistons stat guys were trying to have him not get it because he had way more than 10 assists

Agreed...I noticed that. his assists were inflated by a few against the raptors and he had about 3 more then were registered last night

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2012, 09:49:37 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Exactly, he didn't start going for it until the game was clearly lost already and i have no problem with that. Before that he was playing the game he ALWAYS plays. Hes a pass first PG he always has been and now all of a sudden people are acting like he doesn't always play like this? He got his teammates wide open looks and they missed and somehow that's his fault? Give me a break.

I didn't see much of the game, but it was amusing that in the first half he hit Wilcox all alone under the basket with a pass and Wilcox lost the ball going for the slam. The announcer said "hopefully Rondo won't finish with 9 assists tonight...".

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2012, 02:42:29 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Classic let down game.  With two heavyweights coming to town this week, I've already moved on.  Hopefully, the team has done the same.

I'll gladly take a split in the upcoming games with the Spurs and the Thunder.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2012, 03:35:46 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
Can't blame Rondo for going for it, as long it doesn't become the most important thing in the world, for the whole team, not just Rondo...I would be more upset if for example it was a close game and Rondo's passing up layups to kick it to our struggling shooters yesterday(Terry had 4-5 open 3pt's)
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2012, 05:35:34 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Why be mad at Rondo ? the rest of the team had no energy or drive or poise , at least he accomlished something postive for somebody out of the trip ...or else it was just a wasted trip to Detroit.  Might as well took Rondo and local college squad and got blown out.

I say good for RONDO and anybody else that helped him.

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2012, 05:50:00 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
At least no one is blaming Jeff Green for THIS one - yet. ;D

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2012, 08:47:56 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I wasted time and emotion in this scatological loss to the LOWLY Pistons.

Don't think that most of the team cared enough to win the game last night. They should be embarrassed by this loss

I will DVR the next game and watch it if they win.

If they don't, I will erase it and continue to DVR and erase and not watch a live game UNTIL this team shows some pride. Where was "Celtic Pride" last night???

If their excuse is that it's early in the season and these games aren't that important, why should I give up my time to watch them play like they don't care.

C'mon Cs! Give me a reason to want to watch again.

Last night's loss was far more painful to me than the opening night loss to Judas and the cHeat.