Author Topic: Demarcus Cousins  (Read 3030 times)

Demarcus Cousins
« on: November 18, 2012, 11:26:08 AM »

Offline Kenhov

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 17
I think Cousins would be tremendous at Boston, with vets around him and a coach who is a players coach.

How about a package of Jeff Green, Courtney Lee, Fab Melo and Jared Sullinger for him ?

Rondo / Barbosa
Bradley / Jet
Pierce / Joseph
KG / Bass
Cousins / Wilcox / Milicic

Re: Demarcus Cousins
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 11:32:48 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I think Cousins would be tremendous at Boston, with vets around him and a coach who is a players coach.

How about a package of Jeff Green, Courtney Lee, Fab Melo and Jared Sullinger for him ?

Rondo / Barbosa
Bradley / Jet
Pierce / Joseph
KG / Bass

Yea, Im all set with giving up 3 key bench players and a 7 footer with athletic ability for a mental midget who has shown no signs of maturity.

Now, if you told me they'd take mabey JUST Jeff Green and Lee, I'd consider it.

Also Leaves us way, way to thin at the SF behind pierce.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 11:37:13 AM »

Offline T-LoDaniels

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 13
I don't there's any way that Sacramento gives up Cousins without us giving up Rondo.

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 11:39:00 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
I don't there's any way that Sacramento gives up Cousins without us giving up Rondo.

Or a high draft pick, which we can't really offer. Kids a moron and causing them no end of headaches, but he IS talented.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 11:39:27 AM »

Offline Kenhov

• The Green Kornet

Rondo / Barbosa
Bradley / Jet
Pierce / Joseph
KG / Bass

Yea, Im all set with giving up 3 key bench players for a mental midget who has shown no signs of maturity.

Also Leaves us way, way to think at the SF behind pierce.

http://www.hardwoodhype.com/2012/02/on-demarcus-cousins-aggressive.html

This blog post illustrates what is possible.

Look. Jeff Green and Sullinger are as much risks as Cousins is. There is a substantially higher upside and going forward, Rondo, Bradley and Cousins are a strong core.

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 11:42:41 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

Rondo / Barbosa
Bradley / Jet
Pierce / Joseph
KG / Bass

Yea, Im all set with giving up 3 key bench players for a mental midget who has shown no signs of maturity.

Look. Jeff Green and Sullinger are as much risks as Cousins is. There is a substantially higher upside and going forward, Rondo, Bradley and Cousins are a strong core.

ok, lets go with the fact that he's not just another in a long line of guys who are athletic freaks but mental midgets who get themselves out of the league in no time.

If Sacramento is as High on Cousins as you say they are, why would they want an unnderpreforming guy fresh off major heart surgery in Jeff green, a MLE player in Lee, and two rookies, one of whom has health concerns and the other whom no one knows if he will develop into a good Basketball player?

Isn't that going backwards for them?

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2012, 11:51:35 AM »

Offline Kenhov

• The Green Kornet

Rondo / Barbosa
Bradley / Jet
Pierce / Joseph
KG / Bass

ok, lets go with the fact that he's not just another in a long line of guys who are athletic freaks but mental midgets who get themselves out of the league in no time.

If Sacramento is as High on Cousins as you say they are, why would they want an unnderpreforming guy fresh off major heart surgery in Jeff green, a MLE player in Lee, and two rookies, one of whom has health concerns and the other whom no one knows if he will develop into a good Basketball player?

Because they do not have the organisation to commit to a project like Cousins who already forced one coach out already. In Jeff Green and Sullinger they get high character YOUNG players who can assume leadership roles in their team. In Melo they get a Center project with a lower ceiling but with the attitude to learn.

Its a reload, with the potential for safer upside for them. Boston adopts the higher ris with potentially the higher reward.

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2012, 12:21:07 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Sacramento will want an allstar in any Cousins deal.  The proposed trade gives Sacramento a bunch of spare parts, which they already have plenty of.

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2012, 12:23:33 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
If Cousins gets traded he will go to the highest bidder, and teams will be willing to overpay. The Celtics can achieve neither of those things.

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2012, 12:29:46 PM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122

Rondo / Barbosa
Bradley / Jet
Pierce / Joseph
KG / Bass

Because they do not have the organisation to commit to a project like Cousins who already forced one coach out already. In Jeff Green and Sullinger they get high character YOUNG players who can assume leadership roles in their team. In Melo they get a Center project with a lower ceiling but with the attitude to learn.

Its a reload, with the potential for safer upside for them. Boston adopts the higher ris with potentially the higher reward.

The salaries don't come close to matching up.  As proposed, the Celtics would have to take back around 12m (give or take) in addition to Cousins.  More importantly, the Kings would never accept this deal. 

The only trade that the Kings would even consider (and still probably turn down) is Bradley, Melo, Sullinger, and picks.

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2012, 12:37:22 PM »

Offline Kenhov

• The Green Kornet
If La can get Howard for next to nowt, Boston can wangle Cousins.

I trust in Ainges ability to do a great deal.

And I think getting cousins and moving KG back to PF will actually improve Boston bigtime.

Our rebounding,our scoring and our defence will improve.

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2012, 12:51:10 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777

Rondo / Barbosa
Bradley / Jet
Pierce / Joseph
KG / Bass

The salaries don't come close to matching up.  As proposed, the Celtics would have to take back around 12m (give or take) in addition to Cousins.  More importantly, the Kings would never accept this deal. 

The only trade that the Kings would even consider (and still probably turn down) is Bradley, Melo, Sullinger, and picks.

If they wanted a younger bad contract SF, we could take back Cousins/Salmons in return for Green, Melo, Sullinger, Pick.

Rondo/terry
bradley/terry/Lee
Pierce/Salmons
KG/Bass
Cousins/Wilcox/Darko

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2012, 01:04:10 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
If La can get Howard for next to nowt, Boston can wangle Cousins.

LA gave up an All star 7 footer, injury prone as heck, but better than anything in this deal we're trying to sell the kings.

Also, LA is a prime destination for players, Boston is not. That helps them exponentially when it comes to landing trades, which in the NBA, are driven by players.

Unless we suddenly develop a climate that is warm all year round, an amazing night life scene, and a ton of hot, easily accessible female "admirers" hanging around the players, young 20 something players will continue to force trades to LA over us.

But thats another discussion thats been had ad nasuem in other threads, the point is there is no way if the kings become interested in trading him, he comes here for that package.

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2012, 01:13:05 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
If they wanted a younger bad contract SF, we could take back Cousins/Salmons in return for Green, Melo, Sullinger, Pick.

I'd do a Green/Bass for Cousins/Salmons as fast as I could. I'd also give them 2 first round picks and throw in Sullinger if they insisted. Cousins is not as big of a knucklehead as people are making him out to be. He was on a team with a bad coach for him and with Tyreke Evans who is (in my opinion) a complete bust, talent and personality wise.

I'd trade Bradley for Cousins but I wouldn't like it. I'm really high on Avery and I'd like to keep him for the foreseeable future.

Yea, Im all set with giving up 3 key bench players and a 7 footer with athletic ability for a mental midget who has shown no signs of maturity.

I'm really not sure what to say if you think that the Celtics aren't getting a steal in that deal. Sacramento could get quite a bit more and I think "mental midget" is probably way off the mark. 16/10/2 in 30 minutes is pretty solid. On a good team his FG% goes up and his attitude gets better. He has the same disposition that John Wall does. They won their whole lives and then got drafted high and have lost for 3 years straight. It's a sour situation and not everyone is Kyrie Irving. Can you imagine Rondo on the Wizards?

Unfortunately we didn't pounce while the team was struggling and Cousins was SHAQtin a fool. Cousins is playing like a star player lately and I can't see the Kings giving him up until after his contract expires and he wants a max deal. If Cousins was ever available I'd throw everything but Rondo at him I think.

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2012, 01:14:28 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I want Cousins but that means no more backup for Pierce...not so sure about Joseph backing him up...