Author Topic: Do you recommend Directv or Dish network?  (Read 6820 times)

Re: Do you recommend Directv or Dish network?
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2012, 08:04:09 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Thanks for the replies guys TP sounds like Directv isn't a bad choice...

I am coming over from cable service and well some of these prices with Directv almost seem too good to be true. I understand theres a 2-year term deal, but still I am paying double or more at the moment with comcast. Is it really something in the neighborhood of around 35 bucks for say Choice package on my first year....and only the normal price of about 65 for the last year of the contract? If you guys don't mind me asking how many rooms do you guys have and what are you roughly paying (before/after 12months of deal)?

I am down with this pricing as long as it doesn't skyrocket in the last year. I'm also still a little confused about this Genie DVR or wether I should get separate boxes, all I really care for is HD and need it in 2 rooms.

Have you asked your cable company to talk to the customer retention agents when you call?  They have the ability to give you a new deal as well (just to compare with what the others are offering)

I have lowered my "higher" bill at least three times.  Right now, I have the same deal as new customers even though I have been here 4 years.
I tried, when I originally signed with them it was supposedly a 1-year contract but now after 12 months the price raised and they are holding me to the additional year I never was aware of. It's too bad I don't have the original paper I got with all the details of my term as proof so I can't show them. I'm paying me ETF and through with them. Anyway like I said what are you guys on Directv paying and for how many rooms? Did the price spike insanely high during the 13-24 month of your contract?
my price did go up but the promotions I signed up for expired with 6-12 months so  it wasn't news to me.  what I'm dreading is if I try to get away from comcast it was a 2 year deal with only 1 year at a reduced rate.  will probably cut back on the services I have with them at that point since that doesn't seem to be included as part of the deal requirements on my part.

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2012, 10:25:09 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I have Direct TV and I am very pleased with it.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2012, 11:41:37 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2012, 11:56:32 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 588
I have Dish, it was cheaper and had the channels that I wanted. It has the NBA ticket and channel as well as the NFL network. It's a bummer that it doesn't have the NFL ticket, but there are ways to see the games you want other than tv.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2012, 07:26:38 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I finally made the switch to Directv and am really enjoying it. I got their new Genie Whole Home DVR installed and boy this thing is a beast I can record 5 shows at once and have endless space :P

I ordered NBALP and it is nice to actually get EVERY game in HD and also choose if you want the home/away broadcast. Comcast sucked you only get 1-2 HD channels at best and have to watch whichever feed they showed. Now the only dilemma here is when I want to DVR something...how do I know which airing is for the home broadcast? e.g. for say say Celtics vs Nets it'd be something like this but don't know which is the home and away feed

755 Celtics vs Nets SD
755-1 Celtics vs Nets (HD)
756 Celtics vs Nets SD
756-1 Celtics vs Nets (HD)
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2012, 10:37:25 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
I finally made the switch to Directv and am really enjoying it. I got their new Genie Whole Home DVR installed and boy this thing is a beast I can record 5 shows at once and have endless space :P

I ordered NBALP and it is nice to actually get EVERY game in HD and also choose if you want the home/away broadcast. Comcast sucked you only get 1-2 HD channels at best and have to watch whichever feed they showed. Now the only dilemma here is when I want to DVR something...how do I know which airing is for the home broadcast? e.g. for say say Celtics vs Nets it'd be something like this but don't know which is the home and away feed

755 Celtics vs Nets SD
755-1 Celtics vs Nets (HD)
756 Celtics vs Nets SD
756-1 Celtics vs Nets (HD)

welcome aboard :)