Author Topic: Darko (merged)  (Read 4874 times)

Re: Please Doc, set Darko free!
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2012, 07:04:10 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Tommy mentioned on TV in his ramblings and under his breath , the long minutes the second unit was pulling was on purpose to jell the second squad.

, when a team is abusing the Celtics inside drivng every time down court on KG by himself and the short second team .... I just can't help but think Darko looming in the paint might not SLOW DOWN some of those on slaughts . 

If he comes in and ENFORCES and makes people pay for playing in the paint and fouls out might be at least SOMETHING... other than getting destoryed inside by every young and tall team out there.

DArko played great in IMO in preseason appearances .  I though he made a NICE impact , made the other teams shoot outside jumpers and got us back in the games.

He must be hurt.

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2012, 07:16:19 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
THIS..is the time of year to try out guys....never judge by practice alone..practice is against your own guys...most play diff against others.....!!! PLAY DARKO...!

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2012, 07:20:35 PM »

Kiorrik

Don't need Darko, with Sully playing the way he is, and Wilcox chipping in too. We looked good today, and keep looking better each game we play. Lots of improvement on the inside D. We're not there yet, but at least you'll see new players pointing to where other players should be on D a bit more often, showing that they not only know their own spot, but theirs as well.

We're getting there, step by step, and I don't think adding Darko will make things easier.

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2012, 03:35:29 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
The unsolved mystery of 2012/2013 season Doc putting Darko in the doghouse after tremendous pre-season.

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2012, 03:38:30 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Tremendous?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Darko......
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2012, 04:02:31 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
who still thinks Cs should have run him out of town like we did?

Re: Darko......
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2012, 04:03:10 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I'm fine with it. He's not the difference maker in our blow out losses.

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2012, 04:06:41 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
But I think he would've made the difference in some of those loses we've had.  He showed a lot of promise preseason...

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2012, 04:10:14 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
But I think he would've made the difference in some of those loses we've had.  He showed a lot of promise preseason...

Jeff Green played really well in the preseason as well.

I just think our problems run much deeper than Darko being the answer.

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2012, 04:14:23 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

Jeff Green played really well in the preseason as well.

I just think our problems run much deeper than Darko being the answer.

i agree. the way the celtics defenders let other players go to the basket was one key. darko would have fouled out in no time trying to prevent those baskets.

i wish darko was still here, but he would not have made a real difference.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2012, 04:15:49 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544

I'm not buying that. Celtics best years in last 5 were when they legitimate size in their front court. Even last year it was evident any scrubs with size can make an impact. Darko is a lot better player than either Stiemsma or Hollins.

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2012, 04:21:02 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney

I'm not buying that. Celtics best years in last 5 were when they legitimate size in their front court. Even last year it was evident any scrubs with size can make an impact. Darko is a lot better player than either Stiemsma or Hollins.

I think it's a stretch to think we are a Darko away from fixing our problems.

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2012, 04:22:08 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Darko wouldn't be "the difference maker" right now, but I agree that he'd fill a gaping hole on our team.

I don't know what happened behind the scenes, but from the outside looking in Darko should have been given a spot in the rotation.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2012, 04:26:32 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Darko wouldn't be "the difference maker" right now, but I agree that he'd fill a gaping hole on our team.

I don't know what happened behind the scenes, but from the outside looking in Darko should have been given a spot in the rotation.
This. I can't say I'm a big fan of Jason Collins right now.  At this point I wouldn't mind Doc putting in Fab and telling him "When you foul out you're out. And if you go ten minutes without a block or 5 minutes without a rebound you're out. Whatever comes first. So just play"

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2012, 04:28:23 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney

This. I can't say I'm a big fan of Jason Collins right now.  At this point I wouldn't mind Doc putting in Fab and telling him "When you foul out you're out. And if you go ten minutes without a block or 5 minutes without a rebound you're out. Whatever comes first. So just play"

Oh I'm with this 100%. I hate how Collins is our starting center, if we are going to run out a 7 foot stiff, why not a young 7 foot stiff with potential?