Author Topic: Darko (merged)  (Read 4873 times)

Darko (merged)
« on: November 17, 2012, 09:49:00 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
For those that are wondering where Darko is and what Doc plans to do with his big man rotation, he offered some brief insight yesterday.

Rivers’ policy with Collins and Milicic is evolving. With the exception of Collins’ appearance Thursday, both players have virtually been nonexistent on game night. "Jason kind of stabilized us. We were going to go with Darko in the second half if we continued to struggle rebounding the ball," Rivers said. "Sometimes we’ll go big. There will be times where I just want Kevin (Garnett) at the 4. If we like the matchup at the 4, then we’ll move Jason or Darko over to the 5."

It is interesting that he gave the minutes to the offensively challenged Collins ahead of Darko. Does that mean he's ahead of him in the depth chart or more likely that Doc saw a matchup that he liked better? Will either Darko or Collins see any time against the Raps? Only Doc really knows.

Collins only got 1 rebound but his presence did appear to help staunch the flow of offensive boards for the Nets.

So...the speculation that Darko's wrist is at its worst isn't true.  Doc just chose not to play him.  We haven't used him once this season.  I was the most excited about this guy during preseason.  He proved then that he was a man on a mission.  He clogged the paint and considering that we're the worst rebounding team in the league, we could definately use the big boy.  No doubt in my mind we wouldn't have lost to the Nets if Darko was clogging the paint and grabbing those rebounds.  When it comes to stuff like these, I don't get Doc at all

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

Re: Please Doc, set Darko free!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 12:29:52 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
Doc...the only way i can understand him, is to think..he only undersands basketball as a guard......hence he cares little for rebounds and big men type players/plays...! Yes, rondo and kg do alley-oop, but kg runs this team sorta anyway..we know that from the years, when kg was out, what happened.....Darko and kg, at the same time....IF doc understood traditional bball....kg posts on one side, darko goes in and out on the other...for the REBOUND.....before ANYONE shoots, big man under the hoop...THIS is a CLASSIC rule...NEVER SHOOT UNLESS SOMEONE IS UNDER THE HOOP......!!! Darko should be in there...but doc has sat amny a player....why....who yet knows.....!

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 12:41:48 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I have little problem with how Doc is using the big men rotation in the last few games. Problem I had last game was moving Green at the 4 when Humphries was in the floor paired up with another big.

Doc went with Collins instead of Darko when he had the chance, and on that sole regard, I'd have played Darko.

But I'm fine with what he's doing with Bass-Wilcox-Sullinger at the moment, and that's my most important factor.

That said, yes, let's give Darko a run.

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 12:47:34 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Completely on board with all this. Lets get big. We're missing our intimidation factor in the middle. We need the attitude back on the court.

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 01:35:56 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I would love to see us use him as an enforcer. I don't see him having the skill set for anything else.

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 01:45:30 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
YES!

Say what you want against Darko, but that dude has some nasty in him. We could really use some nasty.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2012, 01:46:07 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Completely on board with all this. Lets get big. We're missing our intimidation factor in the middle. We need the attitude back on the court.

All this !!!

Playing pattsy basketball, taking jump shots with a bunch of  short guys isn't Celtics basketball.  ??? 

Can't win like this ( with out Lebron ) anyway ..... even Kobe had to have Shaq, Bynum and Gasol to get it done....

No decent big men , willing to rebound and play in the paint ....No championship 

Life sucks and then you die I guess.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 01:53:14 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2012, 03:09:36 PM »

Offline Texstyles

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44
I just dont get it.  He should have played over Collins the other night, but what was the deal today.  Up 20 and Wilcox and Bass still in the game.  This guy gave up more money overseas to help us in the big catagory,  and not playing him tonight was somewhat disrespectful...IMO

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2012, 03:19:01 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I just dont get it.  He should have played over Collins the other night, but what was the deal today.  Up 20 and Wilcox and Bass still in the game.  This guy gave up more money overseas to help us in the big catagory,  and not playing him tonight was somewhat disrespectful...IMO

Of all the things I care about in this world, being "respectful" to Darko is juuuussst about at the bottom.

That said, I would like to see what he's got. Maybe he's still nursing the wrist/ out of shape?
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2012, 03:32:47 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Maybe Darko Milicic is Serbian for Patrick O'Bryant.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2012, 03:39:01 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
with the way Wilcox has been playing lately, im not too concerned with him getting the nod over Darko to backup KG

hes good for 2-3 rondo alley-oops a game

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2012, 05:26:14 PM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
I've run out of ideas why Darko isn't getting any run at all.  Did they just sign him at the last to be their token white guy?  I don't understand. You're being annihilated on the glass and can't protect the rim and here's this giant 7'1 275lb center whose best attributes are rebounding and shot blocking and he sits rotting!
Personally I hope he asks for his release and tells Doc to
ES&D!!

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2012, 05:45:50 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Yeah idk what the deal is with darko.

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2012, 05:59:54 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
Yeah idk what the deal is with darko.

Wrist.

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2012, 06:07:30 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1956

Doc trying to build chemistry with the 2nd unit is my guess.

I have a feeling we'll have some timely contributions from Darko sooner or later this year, so I'm not too worried about his lack of playing time right now.