Author Topic: We Do Not Want Demarcus Cousins  (Read 9360 times)

Re: We Do Not Want Demarcus Cousins
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2012, 09:16:48 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Quote from: Surferdad
I see your point, but DMC is a really bad example.  There is a difference between playing with heart, with a chip o your shoulder, and being a head case.  I really don't think this team should consider DMC.

I get you, but most people would consider Delonte West a head case as well. 

Do you not think we could use him right now, regardless of his mental instability?

« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2012, 09:27:13 PM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Quote from: Surferdad
I see your point, but DMC is a really bad example.  There is a difference between playing with heart, with a chip o your shoulder, and being a head case.  I really don't think this team should consider DMC.

I get you, but most people would consider Delonte West a head case as well. 

Do you not think we could use him right now, regardless of his mental instability?
Yes, but not all head cases are created equal.  DMC is a coach killer and a winer, and I'm not sure how much heart he has.  For better or worse, Delonte worked his tail off and didn't complain as much as DMC, IMO.

« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2012, 11:47:11 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Every big guys who play against us look good. Even a bum center will look like an all-star.

This is true, but not just bigs - guards, small forwards, you name it. 

Basically every time any team plays against us, there is a mediocre chump on the team has a breakout game.

But that said, Demarcus Cousins is not a bum centre.  Now 1/3 of the way through his third season, Cousins has career averages of:

* 15.9 Points
* 9.6 Rebounds
* 2.2 Assists
* 1.2 Steals
* 0.9 Blocks
* 29.5 Minutes

They are VERY good numbers given the minutes played, and the guy is only 22 years old. 

If it were in any way at all possible to get this guy in a Celtics uniform WITHOUT trading Sullinger and Bradley, we would then have three young guys under 23 years of age who can all produce right now, while having outstanding upside.

After Pierce and KG retire, we have about $25M in cap space along with a roster starting with:

PG: Rondo
SG: Bradley
SF: TBA
PF: Sullinger
C: Cousins

Don't tell me you honestly believe we're gonna get cousins without giving up bradley or sullinger.

« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2012, 11:50:24 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
Every big guys who play against us look good. Even a bum center will look like an all-star.

This is true, but not just bigs - guards, small forwards, you name it. 

Basically every time any team plays against us, there is a mediocre chump on the team has a breakout game.

But that said, Demarcus Cousins is not a bum centre.  Now 1/3 of the way through his third season, Cousins has career averages of:

* 15.9 Points
* 9.6 Rebounds
* 2.2 Assists
* 1.2 Steals
* 0.9 Blocks
* 29.5 Minutes

They are VERY good numbers given the minutes played, and the guy is only 22 years old. 

If it were in any way at all possible to get this guy in a Celtics uniform WITHOUT trading Sullinger and Bradley, we would then have three young guys under 23 years of age who can all produce right now, while having outstanding upside.

After Pierce and KG retire, we have about $25M in cap space along with a roster starting with:

PG: Rondo
SG: Bradley
SF: TBA
PF: Sullinger
C: Cousins

Don't tell me you honestly believe we're gonna get cousins without giving up bradley or sullinger.

He meant theoretically.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2013, 05:01:41 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 732
You need to edit the title. I believe the correct title is "I Do Not Want Demarcus Cousins". Stop putting words in my and other posters' mouths.

sounds like you need a few of those Crowns .......

"We" in this case, is just a figure of speech. easy now.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 05:57:40 AM by tenn_smoothie »
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2013, 05:56:08 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 732
those of you who have been so upset by my use of the word "We" (do not want DMC) may need to consider drinking the entire bottle of Crown that i mentioned.

Good God - it's a figure of speech - do you take everything in life so literally ?

As for your various arguments in favor of Cousins:

> he did not have a disagreement with one coach, he's had serious blowups with both of his pro coaches and he had problems at times with Calapari at Kentucky (where, btw, he did not win a national title as one poster stated).

> comparing his "strong emotions' and "intensity" to KG's competitiveness is just plain ignorant. KG does not have major blowups with his coaches that result in game suspensions. KG's intensity is all about helping his team win, it is not about his own petty tantrums.

> we are not in "the most desperate position in years" as another poster alluded to. we are in the last couple of seasons of a strong Celtic era that produced one title and would have likely produced another until Danny destroyed the team we had - which, btw, was built on togetherness, unselfishness, maturity, toughness and elite defense. Cousins does not help these areas.

> comparing Nate Robinson's exuberance with Demarcus Cousins self-centered and mis-directed anger is ridiculous.

>next time, for the benefit of this board's mental midgets, i'll rephrase my title as maybe, "Why We Should Not Want De Cousins"
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2013, 10:11:41 AM »

Offline jayhovaone

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 22
I would like to say that I would actually want him on the celtics and lets not forget that zach randolph was the same exact malcontent that cousins is now don't get me wrong randolph is not a model citizen but he has come a long way and is without a doubt one of the better power forwards in the game.  All i'm saying is that in the right situation and environment any player can reach his potential.  With that said If Rondo were on the suns he probably would not be in the league because of his attitude but because Doc Rivers and the big 3 helped him along the way he has become the best passing point guard in the league.  So do i want cousins on the celtics YES I DO!!

« Reply #67 on: January 01, 2013, 10:13:58 AM »

Offline jayhovaone

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 22
Another thing is Cousins is without a doubt the most talented big man in the league and When not if but when he gets it The league better watch out.  When that does happen i would love for it to be playing with the boston celtics and Rondo.

« Reply #68 on: January 01, 2013, 10:36:28 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Another thing is Cousins is without a doubt the most talented big man in the league and When not if but when he gets it The league better watch out.  When that does happen i would love for it to be playing with the boston celtics and Rondo.

well said. 

The Celtics would be very fortunate indeed to have Cousins as our center. 

There is only a 2-3 bigs I like better, but we have slim or zero chance of them playing for the Celtics in their prime.

I think Danny know 's the team would be no worst off in the short term with a new player for this year and COusins would be a HUGE jumpstart on rebuilding for 2-3 years down the road when PP and KG retire.   Plus we are only picking up his low contract , and he can be dumped if he becomes a headache.  If definelty worth the risk.

It 's the kind of trade could propel the Celtics back to top eventually. Life is about risks ... GO FOR IT :)