Author Topic: Sources: Lakers very interested in Josh Smith  (Read 6358 times)

Re: Sources: Lakers very interested in Josh Smith
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2012, 06:36:43 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
It would warm my heart to see the Lakers miss the playoffs for a decade and then mire in mediocrity.

You and me both, good sir. You and me both.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2012, 06:40:58 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
Very simple. If the Lakers want someone they get them. Lebron will be there in 2014 too.

yup....the only thing that will keep him in Miami is possibly Pat Riley .

I still say Spobote is a useless coach. And James wouldn't stay becasue of Spobote

Lakers are like little children... everytime a new toy comes out they MUST have it or whine , moan and cry

With one exception: Chris Paul. Stern steps in as an owner with common sense to shut that down, and Laker nation has the audacity to (whine) and moan.

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2012, 06:42:18 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
This would work but it would never go through.

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6159601

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2012, 06:55:04 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
This would work but it would never go through.

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6159601

i think if this happened, people would be more upset with Danny than the Perkins trade...

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2012, 07:02:09 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
It wouldn't go through because it's an absolute joke of a trade.

Why on earth would you make the Hawks and the Lakers better in order to get a 32 year old PF who's on the books for a ton of cash?

So you can decimate our big man rotation?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2012, 07:16:37 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
Glancing at Lakers blogs ...LA fans treat Gasol like dirt. You'd think he can't play ,  if ANYBODY out there remotely has an once more ounce of quality than a player they have , they begin the chant to trade that person. Smith is an upgrade ,but NOT HUGE IMO for the Lakers.  They are just grasping at straws, change coach /players anything they need to win while KObe is still "KOBE" .  Lakers fans have lost it / they aren't even rational ...includes Magic IRVING Johnson...he is so wrapped up in thei s KOBE , must win thing ..the whole crowd is off their rockers.

Gasol is a wonderful player,  he would be a nice additon to the Celtics IMO.  I'd trade abunch of Celtics for Gasol.

Josh Smith is a great fit for the Celtics.  But the Lakers continue to FORCE their will on aquirring any and all the players they desire. 

I'm learning to hate on Magic Johnson easier every year.  He wants Smith on the Lakers , so the Celtics won't have a chance.

Frankly , the lakers have the best players NOW , so what is their crying about , it never ends with them, they have all the alstars and its never enough.

Because a monumental dropoff is what the Lakers will face after Kobe retires.
Provided they don't end up with LBJ in town, of course.

« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2012, 07:29:17 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
Houston has shown interest in Pau in the past, so I think they would be the natural 3rd team involved with their ability to absorb. I wouldn't be surpised if we saw something like this:

Atlanta Gets:
Houston 1st rounder
Laker 1st rounder
$13 million in savings

Houston gets:
Pau Gasol

LA gets:
Josh Smith
Carlos Delfino
Daequan Cook

- ATL does it because they get immediate savings and two 1st roudners rather than nothing.

- Houston does it because all they give up for Gasol is a 1st rounder, essentially.

- LA does it because they get their guy and shed salary after the season.

« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2012, 07:35:53 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most

Gasol is a true big, and would own next to KG.   KG and he would be formidible only concern is his age.  But we would not miss the big man rotation because we would have a true big with size who can rebound and score post points something the bigs in the trade lack.

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2012, 07:49:56 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

Gasol is a true big, and would own next to KG.   KG and he would be formidible only concern is his age.  But we would not miss the big man rotation because we would have a true big with size who can rebound and score post points something the bigs in the trade lack.

Big man rotation may not have been the best way to put it.

But what happens to our wings?

Post trade we're looking at

Rondo/Barbosa
Terry/Lee (or vice versa)
Pierce/?
KG/Sullinger/Wilcox (who can also play the five)
Gasol/Collins.

Didn't the Perk trade happen because of the 'Quis spinal injury? You're asking a whole lot out of a bunch of thirty-plus players with virtually no insurance if any of them go down with an injury.

Not to mention you're gutting all the young guys who push the tempo and score in transition for a soft, jumpshooting seven footer who's owed a ton of money and is only going to get worse.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2012, 07:55:23 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
Lack of post score and boards kills us a lot.   I wish we had a get us the ball big and I hope Sully becomes that big.   We need a guy like that.

« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2012, 08:06:54 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
Now there, I agree 100%.

« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2012, 08:17:32 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
If not mistaken, the Lakers pretty much don't have draft picks to offer going forward, so don't bet on them throwing picks around to sweeten up some deals.

« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2012, 08:28:56 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
If they have no interest in Pau Gasol, they must be looking for a rebuilding type trade.

(1) A long term (young) building block to replace Josh Smith.
(2) Maintain or improve cap flexibility + add draft picks

It doesn't look like Ainge can offer either. Need to be a three team deal.

I dont understand why they wouldnt have an interest in trading for Gasol. Last week I replied to a couple post saying i wouldnt be surprised to see a Smith for Gasol swap. Gasol is probably the best return that the Hawks could get for Smith. Anything we have that the Hawks would want as part of a three way trade where we net Gasol?

« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2012, 12:00:39 AM »

Offline tonyto3690

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 39
Not to toot my own horn, but I was the first person to really suggest and advocate a Josh Smith trade.

But a midseason trade for Josh just doesn't make any sense unless we look like complete garbage and we get a great deal.   We're too talented for the first to happen, and all reports state they are ready to risk him becoming a free agent and will demand a ridiculously high price.

Josh Smith may come to Boston this next offseason, and maybe 5 years down the road even, but it's not going to be during this season people.

« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2012, 01:12:36 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Not to toot my own horn, but I was the first person to really suggest and advocate a Josh Smith trade.

But a midseason trade for Josh just doesn't make any sense unless we look like complete garbage and we get a great deal.   We're too talented for the first to happen, and all reports state they are ready to risk him becoming a free agent and will demand a ridiculously high price.

Josh Smith may come to Boston this next offseason, and maybe 5 years down the road even, but it's not going to be during this season people.
so your first post on cblog is from June of 2012 , yet you were the first one to suggest a trade for Josh Smith? right.....